Sign in to follow this  
arnquist

Opening Chakras

So, I'm a huge fan of this show, mostly because it's an awesome story with awesome characters, but all the eastern philosophy and mythology makes it even better. There have been episodes (episodes 19 and 20, The Winter Solstice) that show the push and pull of yin and yang, water becomes stronger at night from the power of the moon, fire becomes stronger during the day from the power of the sun. There have also been episodes that show the oneness of everything (episode 24, the Swamp). But this episode, The Guru, episode 39, reminded me of some things I've read on these forums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guru_(Ava...Last_Airbender)

First chakra: Earth Chakra. Location: the base of the spine. It deals with Survival, and is blocked by Fear.

Second chakra: Water Chakra Location: ???. It deals with Pleasure, and is blocked by Guilt.

Third chakra: Fire Chakra. Location: in the stomach. It deals with Willpower, while it is blocked by Shame.

Fourth chakra: Air Chakra. Location: the heart. It deals with Love, and is blocked by Grief.

Fifth chakra: Sound Chakra. Location: in the throat. It deals with Truth, and is blocked by the Lies people tell themselves.

Sixth chakra: Light Chakra. Location: ???. It is responsible for Insight, and is blocked by Illusions.

Seventh chakra: Thought Chakra. Location: at the crown of the head. It deals with Cosmic Energy, and is blocked by Earthly Attachment.

Just thought I'd share and see what people think.

Very similar to what I've read about chakras, although one book I have talks about higher chakras too.

Earth & Higher earth - located below feet, deals with material connection

Base - base of spine, survival instincts

Sacral - below navel, creativity and procreation

Solar plexus - above navel, emotional connection and assimilation

Heart - over heart, love

Higher Heart - over thymus, unconditional love

Throat - throat, communication

Brow - forehead, intuition and mental concentration

Crown - top of head, spiritual connection

Higher crown - above head, spiritual enlightenment

• Like 1

Third chakra: Fire Chakra. Location: in the stomach. It deals with Willpower, while it is blocked by Shame.

Fourth chakra: Air Chakra. Location: the heart. It deals with Love, and is blocked by Grief.

Very interesting. I like how they tell what the blockages are caused by too. I have these 2 blocked myself, right now...

What are they basing their info on though and have they told how to unblock these chakras? Cuz that's what I need! :D

Very interesting. I like how they tell what the blockages are caused by too. I have these 2 blocked myself, right now...

What are they basing their info on though and have they told how to unblock these chakras? Cuz that's what I need! :D

Um, well I'm no expert, and this information is just from a TV show, but I'll give it a shot, lol. If you follow the link to wikipedia you can read a summary of the episode, though that might not make a whole lot of sense if you haven't seen the show. Aang (the character who is going through this process of opening his chakras) opens the third chakra by recognizing the shame he felt when he started learning to use the power of fire and as a result hurt someone he loved.

"Aang has a vision of when he first attempted Firebending, and severely burned Katara’s hands. He repeats aloud the promise he made afterwards: that he will never Firebend again. Pathik (the guru) dismisses this, saying that in order to obtain Balance, Aang must accept all aspects of his life. As the Avatar, Aang must Firebend. Aang breathes in and out once, releasing the chakra."

To open the fourth chakra Aang remembers the air monks who he grew up with and who are all gone now. Instead of being consumed by grief that everyone he once knew is now gone, he remembers them fondly and uses their memory to form new relationships.

"Laying his grief before him, Aang meditates, and sees all of the Air Monks he knew, with Gyatso at the front, all of whom died because he abandoned them. They fade away into dust. Love, according to Pathik, is a form of energy, and flows around everything, and that the monks' love for Aang is still all around them, and manifests itself inside of new love- the love Aang feels for Katara. Aang releases the chakra, teary-eyed, and asks for more juice before they continue."

Hope that helps.

Edited by arnquist

The number is not important...crown center is definitely about spiritual evolution.

Know all about this. For men. Not for women. Suspect:

Woman seek said by longer, more selfless means. No great straight upward path exists for them. Tangential means only exist. Giving, Loving. Sacrificing. Rejecting resentment. Manifests fruition of spirit.

Based on what I've observed.

Make what you will of it.

xeno

• Like 1

I was actually thinking about posting this topic and surprised to find such an old one on it.

I just watched the video in question last week:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this