thelerner

What do other countries do better?

I'm thinking France for its sense of stye, savoir faire and vivaciousness.   I'm Italians for a sense of family connections.  Up until the last year or 3, I'd say Greece for being laid back. 

Speaking of laid back I'd put in a place like St. Lucia, a Caribbean island that hosts a large party each week in the category of doing better.  I'll include Key West in the U.S too, while a bit commercial celebrates the sunset each night and has wonderful large carnival free atmosphere afterwards. 

I give kudo's to Europe and Canada for appreciating a slower pace, being less materialistic, the idea of having less but making it special. 

What other things do some countries do really well?

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Re:

-----

"I'm thinking France for its sense of stye, savoir faire and vivaciousness."

-----

I must've been to a different "France".

-----

"What other things do some countries do really well?"

-----

China now has those "execution vans" that take a person right after sentencing, strap them down, kill them, harvest their organs, drop those off at a hospital, then dump the body at a crematorium.

And the US has its massive "Entertainment Industry" that has rendered more people useless than the atomic bomb.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"I'm thinking France for its sense of stye, savoir faire and vivaciousness."

-----

I must've been to a different "France".

-----

"What other things do some countries do really well?"

-----

China now has those "execution vans" that take a person right after sentencing, strap them down, kill them, harvest their organs, drop those off at a hospital, then dump the body at a crematorium.

And the US has its massive "Entertainment Industry" that has rendered more people useless than the atomic bomb.

-VonKrankenhaus

It would be great if this post might continue to be what the original poster intended rather than a derailment to the myopic defensive radar screens that engage us in tensed false reality and a view of the world that disengages us from the magnificent reality of the tremendous and ever changing energies that are not in any way shape or form staid and stagnant.

I am not proposing some reality made by sticking ones head in the sand and only thinking of rainbows and puppies.

The world is perfect - it is completely different than our common rapture within our fears and the annihilated view we self medicate our insulations and fortifications with.

Regarding Not derailing this thread - why don't we look at the forest through the trees and the lights of various cultures - it might actually be very interesting rather than burrowing a hole into a dark and entrenched position.

• Like 3

That was funny.  True, but funny.

There are many countries that have certain aspects of life better than we Americans have.

But then, the USA is still a relatively young nation learning how to interact with the rest of the world.  Some things we consider important are meaningless to other nations.

As to France, my last visit was in 1974 and that and the many other visits I made to France was very enjoyable.  (I know, things change.  That's the dynamics of Dao.)

"I thought his kicks were pretty good, but his punching seemed weak ... he needs to train his upper body more and develop those punching muscles."

kangaroo.jpg

• Like 2

We got native animals kickboxing just out there in the street .

Yeah, I must admit, your kangaroos are meaner than ours are.

"I thought his kicks were pretty good, but his punching seemed weak ... he needs to train his upper body more and develop those punching muscles."

Yeah, that dude has spent a lot of time in the gym.

That is the   Greater 'what did you just say about my mate '  Western Red   , they have a distinctive expression. 

Australians do humour better than ... Tasmanians.

Ummmm   but the worst joke I ever heard is a mainland one about Tasmanians .... soooo bad ....  no I cant write it here .

Whether it´s necessarily "better" or not is open to debate but in general Mexicans are...

more closely connected to the place they were born

maintain closer contact with family 

cook less processed food (also, more offal)

more creative in terms of handicrafts, other arts

more likely to dance as part of family celebrations

kids more able to entertain themselves without technology

more encouraging of gringos who don´t speak Spanish than gringos are of Mexicans who don´t speak English

more likely to drop in on friends/family unannounced

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5

Turkey eats better than all off us - apparently .

Average family , ! week , this one spent 93 pound on the weeks supply.

article-2319825-19A206F9000005DC-822_964

http://www.zo.utexas.edu/courses/Thoc/foodsupplies.html]http://www.zo.utexas.edu/courses/Thoc/foodsupplies.html[/url]

It would be cheaper in the San Francisco Bay Area - food - good organic food is very cheap here with lots of variety. Of course you can spend a lot here as well but given what is in the picture it would be easy to beat $93 euro.

California supplies over 50% of the food consumed by humans in the United States. Even with the drought here we are not hurting for great local food.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Re:

-----

"It would be great if this post might continue to be what the original poster intended rather than a derailment to the myopic defensive radar screens that engage us in tensed false reality and a view of the world that disengages us from the magnificent reality of the tremendous and ever changing energies that are not in any way shape or form staid and stagnant."

-----

I find this a bizzare response.

"Myopic defensive radar screens"?
"Magnificent reality of the tremendous"?

But that's fine with me.

I did find it amazing that they have those execution vans to harvest organs so efficiently from lawbreakers.

And the entertainment industry is the biggest, most impressive weapon ever devised and deployed.

Those are things that no other country did so well yet.

Or, is this about "nice" things - like what country is making the best and nice tasty muffins and horseshoes?

France didn't really invent the things in the OP, and I'm not sure they are doing them better.

And really - "countries" are imaginary constructs.

Did I discuss the imaginary in the wrong way?

-----

"The world is perfect,,,"

-----

If so, then which part of it should not be discussed like any other?

Do "countries" only do some small part of that?

Which part of "perfect" are they doing, and which part are they not doing?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Germans do the best Lager and football and generally organising stuff to work

The Dutch have a good lifestyle (at least in Amsterdam) where people are relaxed and not uptight about a lot of things and generally fit and healthy (bike everywhere) care about the environment

Italians are good at being expressive with their emotions

The Irish are good at saying how shit everything is

• Like 3

The Irish are good at saying how shit everything is

And the Aussies have found unimaginable ways to use the word "fuck".

It has struck me how incredibly different we are from country to country - deep programming that effects us radically.

Christian / Judeo and Muslim religious programming has hobbled much of the world with a very limiting and incorrect viewpoint creating a fundamental taught foundation that installs in us our place in the world the opposite from what it is.

Language variations have tremendous effects - such as adding a verb at the end of a sentence - you don't know what will happen or the direction of a sentence until the end of a sentence.

Regional differences are heavily effected by climatic differences - Northern California is very different from Southern California.

I enjoy both and live in the SF Bay Area. My strongest experience with Southern Cal is almost exclusively coastal and the people there are clearly more open and friendly. The more temperate climate appears to be the reason for a great number of differences.

In So Cal men and women there are much more open and aggressive and have a stronger footing in their nature. Business there moves much faster on both a professional level and on a consumer level. Interaction among male and female is a breeze compared to Northern Cal. The following is an example:

At a bar with a band and dance floor in Northern Cal one will frequently find very segregated timid male and female areas until about 10:30 or so.

At the same type of bar in SoCal it is not uncommon to find bar top dancing at 6:30 with girls coming over to the men and asking them to dance. It is also not at all uncommon for them to ask you home with them.

I had a lengthy discussion about this once in a pub up here in the Bay Area and some considerable dissagreement - so I proposed we go down to a bar not far from us at 10:30. By the time we got there it was just before 11:00 and as we walked inside their was a dance with one older couple dancing and the guys and gals split apart almost like a school dance from childhood. The next few dances were a bit more intermixed and by 12:00 the place was going strong with a packed dance floor.

In SoCal I have never experienced this - women have frequently come over and asked me to dance and the dance floor is packed by 7:00. Having one ask me home is as natural as me asking them.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

It would be cheaper in the San Francisco Bay Area - food - good organic food is very cheap here with lots of variety. Of course you can spend a lot here as well but given what is in the picture it would be easy to beat $93 euro.

California supplies over 50% of the food consumed by humans in the United States. Even with the drought here we are not hurting for great local food.

Yeah right. 

Average family it is supposed to be.  Look, I can just go out and pick stuff where I live; tropical exotics and native, multiple vegie gardens, we used to have tofu and tempeh plant operating , made home brew. I could eat the fish and turtles in the river if I wanted ... average Aussie diet and expenses - no way ! 

I have read a few people in The 'States , (and even on this forum) state food is expensive for them in the U.S.  and hard to afford.

here is your USA average;

220 pounds 

article-2319825-19A20747000005DC-934_964

When I say 'eat good' ... man , check the actual items in the photos ! 

• Like 1

And the Aussies have found unimaginable ways to use the word "fuck".

Nah ... it just means we have better imaginfuckinations then you do    ^_^

• Like 3

Yeah right. 

Average family it is supposed to be.  Look, I can just go out and pick stuff where I live; tropical exotics and native, multiple vegie gardens, we used to have tofu and tempeh plant operating , made home brew. I could eat the fish and turtles in the river if I wanted ... average Aussie diet and expenses - no way ! 

I have read a few people in The 'States , (and even on this forum) state food is expensive for them in the U.S.  and hard to afford.

here is your USA average;

220 pounds 

article-2319825-19A20747000005DC-934_964

When I say 'eat good' ... man , check the actual items in the photos ! 

Yum pizza!!!!

I suppose its only fair that I reveal the Aussie equivalent ;

oven,0.jpg   

01-buy-beer.jpg

• Like 1