seekingbuddha

Om mani padme hum & others like it

I often listen to the youtube chanting of Om mani padme hum(x9 version)  which i find soothing. I have also tried many hindu chantings on youtube, but none comes close to the above mantra version.  I stick to youtube for listening, even though it does not have a "repeat" feature.  Do you know of another chanting/song  that  is as powerful and soothing to listen to ?

Imee Ooi sings some very soothing Buddhist mantras on YT

You can get the Ohm Mani Padme Hum c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com or if you burn a youtube version - you can then put it on repeat.

I like to use the "I-I" chant - the I thought. It's not a mantra but actual logical inference. Ramana Maharshi says that mantras become too automatic like a machine or drone - you lose the drive of the will power for self-inference since the I-thought is the source of all thoughts.

So he says to repeat the I-thought - I-I-I but then focus on the right side of your heart with light energy. The left brain logical inference chanting of I-I-I activates the left side vagus nerve to the right side of the heart which is the source of Yuan Qi energy.

As you build up yuan qi then it increases your yuan shen light energy.

So the key here is not the mantra but "who" is doing any chanting at all - that is the goal and the path of meditation put together.

But if you do chant Ohm Mani - the spring forest version is as a melody and singing a melody then makes it right brain dominant which also activates your visual cortex - and a melody is like a geometric visualization.

So there is the Emptiness and then right brain visualization which is activated easily by singing and listening to music as singing. The left brain word chanting is best done as the I-thought logical inference since it's more about listening to the source of the I-thought.

Yeah these white new age native american indian shamans are singing the Ohm Mani Padme Hum as taught in Spring Forest Qigong. haha.

Also the heart does spontaneously emit a loud OHM sound when the jing energy converts to qi and the yuan qi builds up enough to activate strong yuan shen energy. I had this happen to me in full lotus on a strong dmt-based plant concoction.

So Chunyi says he listens to the source of energy and he hears this OHM sound as a low vibrating being emitted everywhere through the heart Emptiness.

it was Zizek, the leftist guru who said he interviewed some Tibetans saying that chant drives them crazy like a kind of torture and personally I find playing that c.d. over and over again to be a kind of torture. But I know the Bushmen rely on the females singing to project their jing energy into the males while the males do the trance dancing.

So I would say the key with chanting is how the tibetans do the throat singing because the only way to do throat singing is by activating the vagus nerve to relax and vibrate the throat and that's the same left side vagus nerve that increases the yuan qi on the right side of the heart.

The Amazonian shamans have the females also singing called Icaros to guide the DMT-based plant activation of the energy - it creates a deep serotonin energy that increases the oxytocin of the heart but you can also activate that through tantra bliss - the deep breathing slow sighs from being in love but in a platonic kind of way, making the  heart very hot. As long as you're not losing the yin qi energy from the female having lust.

Throat singing is easiest to do in full lotus since that activates the vagus nerve via a relaxation and pressure - but the deep reverse breathing helps also - in horse stance.

I guess the secret of the Ohm Mani Padme Hum chant is the four Golden Buddhas centered around the heart based on the emotions of the unconditional love, kindness, happiness, gratitude, forgiveness.

That deep throat singing low hertz actually creates the theta brain REM waves (7 beats per second) in synchronization with the heart-mind energy for the visionary state - the deep throat singing activates the ELF waves of the yin qi energy of the Earth-Schumann resonance - which synchronizes with the heart beat itself. that's called "sonoluminescence" - the ultrasound creates shock waves of water called acoustic cavitation which then create sonofusion hotter than the sun for alchemy energy - the ultrasound has subharmonics of ELF waves. That's the secret of the OHM infinite frequency energy.

This is why trance drumming around the world is 7 beats per second usually and standing in horse stance makes the legs vibrate at 7 beats per second which pushes your sympathetic nervous system to the extreme so it rebounds to the opposite parasympathetic extreme for the deep vagus nerve activation.

The left side vagus nerve is the reptilian brain vagus nerve that controls the heart.

So here you have the Buddhist Tibetan monk doing OHm Mani padme hum with the deep throat tone.

http://www.buddhanet.net/mp3/Om%20Mani%20Padme%20Hum01.mp3

Some mp3 of Ohm Mani Padme Hum - new age style.

http://www.buddhanet.net/mp3/Om%20Mani%20Padme%20Hum02.mp3

longer version of same.

Maybe this is what you're referring to - I had this on c.d. but I think it got too scratched.

I'll burn this if I can.

But I would say that traditional Tibetan monk chanting is the best since you get the throat singing version of the chant.

• Like 2

YouTube tip to hear a video on repeat: type 'repeat' in between 'youtube' and '.com'. So here's your video on repeat: http://youtuberepeat.com/watch?v=0Ix9yfoDHJw Should work for any video. :)

Neat! :)

But it I had to inset "listenonrepeat" rather than "repeat" and replace the whole of "youtube" to get it to work.

So

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w became

www.listenonrepeat.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w

:P

Edited by gatito

The   "listenonrepeat"   works nicely for youtube videos  that we want to play repeatedly.   But, my original question is  more focused  on  finding  other  soothing  songs  like  Om mani padme hum.   The video posted in a reply with Deva Premal is soothing too, but  I find that  Om-mani  is much more powerful in a way that i can not describe.  I do not want to get side tracked  on this thread;  but  Elsewhere in this forum, you can find  people  discussing the reason for the power of this chanting.

• Like 1

Here's what I like:

Its Kaballic, not from a traditional Jewish source, but from Hermetic magician Rawn Clark.  The Middle part, Ribbono Shel Olam, was a famous mantra/chant from Kabbalist Rabbi Nachman.

Rawn Clark considers it more a canticle then mantra and has practices that involve magical possibilities, including some healing modalities. 

• Like 1

mantras are meant to be uttered as opposed to passively listened to. OHM MANI PAD ME HUM is a wish fulfillment chant, so use it wisely. It does seem powerful just in terms of sound quality alone.

I find anything connected to Guan Yin fairly soothing...activating that feminine energy :)

8)

Edited by Astral Monk
  • Like 1

Here's what I like:

Its Kaballic, not from a traditional Jewish source, but from Hermetic magician Rawn Clark.  The Middle part, Ribbono Shel Olam, was a famous mantra/chant from Kabbalist Rabbi Nachman.

Rawn Clark considers it more a canticle then mantra and has practices that involve magical possibilities, including some healing modalities. 

whew ...i do not know what it means but it's  eh..impressive, touches me