VampiricPsion

What is the best type of Qigong/Chi Kung for developing Psychic Abilities?

Ming gong/Life force training - pertains to working with the lower field/xiatian and the body's jingqi. This type of training strengthens the root of your life and cultivates longevity. Examples of this within Longmen pai would be Basic sitting procedure, Pingheng gong/Equilibrium exercises and Ziran Huanqi fa/Natural energy exchange method (walking practice).

Xing gong/Spirit or Essence training - pertains to working with either the third eye, upper field/shangtian or the mind. Examples of this within Longmen pai would be the golden flower practice/Taiyi Jinhua Zongzhi and Zhineng fa.

Paraphrasing as I can't remember the exact original quote but there's a daoist saying that goes, "Cultivating only xing gong and you will be like a ghost inhabiting a corpse. Practicing only ming gong and you will be an idiot with a life as long as heaven and earth."

It is therefor recommended to cultivate both together so as to avoid those two pitfalls. Otherwise you may end up with special abilities and brevity rather than longevity

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 3

Siddhis, psychic powers, etc: are the side effects of Qi and Shen

When the Chong Mai is active, it all comes together

Shen is the initiator (psychic- psyche*), Jing/Qi the catalyst

A proper foundation is essential , so build from bottom, up

A 'third eye' opening without the prerequisites caused many seekers to become meglomaniacs

Slow and steady wins the race

In psychology, the psyche is the totality of the human mind*, conscious and unconscious

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Fascinating info Bamboo and Sonofthegods.

Bamboo, are you part of longmen pai, under wang li ping?

John

• Like 1

Developing super natural abilities is equivalent to evolution,going beyond one's human nature. The path of evolution is different for each individual. That's my input..

• Like 1

I wrote a post about attending a longmen pai seminar led by Aurelian Popa.

My conclusion - you have to be able to sit for many hours to get results)

But it's a real stuff.