VampiricPsion

What is the best type of Qigong/Chi Kung for developing Psychic Abilities?

I have read in the book "China's Super Psychics" that most of the children who excelled at perceiving auras and different types of energy, were those who practiced chi kung from a young age. While it is too late for me to do it from a young age, there is no harm in starting now and seeing how far I get. However, the book did not say what specific type of chi kung these children practiced.

If someone wanted to develop psychic abilities - specifically, the ability to perceive auras and qi energy - what is the best form of qigong for doing so?

I am not at all adept at qigong, but I know its power. I recall my first ever qigong class - a woman instructor, dim but clear lighting, etc. And during that qigong session was the first time I ever saw a human aura - hers. It was golden/yellow in color, like a halo around her whole body, a subtle light with no apparent source.

I abruptly stopped taking the class after that experience because I thought that it was too much for me, that I wasn't ready for that level of spiritual advancement (perceiving energy), and perhaps was even frightened by it, because I wasn't expecting it. I essentially denied myself that progress, for reasons unknown.

I would like to repeat that experience, and perceive energy again. I think I am ready to begin again now.

I do not remember the specific type of qigong that I was practicing on that day, unfortunately. I would like to see if other forms of qigong produce the same effect. I have bought some qigong DVDs, one that seems excellent (the type is Flying Phoenix Chi Kung), and another that seems generic and ineffective ("Qigong for Stress Relief" is the title). I would prefer to learn Flying Phoenix from an in-person instructor, but it seems a rare art, because I cannot find anyone who knows it in my area. But I don't even know if that's the best type for perceiving qi.

Does anyone know what form of qigong is best for perceiving auras/qi with one's physical sight?

• Like 1

I have read in the book "China's Super Psychics" that most of the children who excelled at perceiving auras and different types of energy, were those who practiced chi kung from a young age. While it is too late for me to do it from a young age, there is no harm in starting now and seeing how far I get. However, the book did not say what specific type of chi kung these children practiced.

If someone wanted to develop psychic abilities - specifically, the ability to perceive auras and qi energy - what is the best form of qigong for doing so?

I am not at all adept at qigong, but I know its power. I recall my first ever qigong class - a woman instructor, dim but clear lighting, etc. And during that qigong session was the first time I ever saw a human aura - hers. It was golden/yellow in color, like a halo around her whole body, a subtle light with no apparent source.

I abruptly stopped taking the class after that experience because I thought that it was too much for me, that I wasn't ready for that level of spiritual advancement (perceiving energy), and perhaps was even frightened by it, because I wasn't expecting it. I essentially denied myself that progress, for reasons unknown.

I would like to repeat that experience, and perceive energy again. I think I am ready to begin again now.

I do not remember the specific type of qigong that I was practicing on that day, unfortunately. I would like to see if other forms of qigong produce the same effect. I have bought some qigong DVDs, one that seems excellent (the type is Flying Phoenix Chi Kung), and another that seems generic and ineffective ("Qigong for Stress Relief" is the title). I would prefer to learn Flying Phoenix from an in-person instructor, but it seems a rare art, because I cannot find anyone who knows it in my area. But I don't even know if that's the best type for perceiving qi.

Does anyone know what form of qigong is best for perceiving auras/qi with one's physical sight?

the children who excelled at perceiving auras and different types of energy, were those who practiced chi kung from a young age.: The reason why they excel is not just because they have practiced since they were children, but because they started as children they take the experiences for granted and are not afraid that they are "hallucinating" and seeing something that is not real.

during that qigong session was the first time I ever saw a human aura - hers. It was golden/yellow in color, like a halo around her whole body: If you saw an aura at this stage, then you have a natural aptitude and will develop quickly, once you are comfortable with your skill.

perhaps was even frightened by it  . . . I essentially denied myself that progress, for reasons unknown.: You say it all here, let go of your fear and own your ability.

one that seems excellent (the type is Flying Phoenix Chi Kung): If you didn't know it already, Sifu Terry Dunn of Flying Phoenix posts here regularly under the name zen-bear and will answer questions on this thread:

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

There are several people on the Dao Bums who have worked his system for years who can help you with it.

Another system with strong orientation to Psychic development, Qi Healing and Daoist Magic, is that of Professor Jerry Alan Johnson.  You can read about him here:

International Institute of Medical Qigong

There are too many types of qigong, many of which will help develop psychic abilities and there are several good ones that have people here on the Dao Bums who can help you understand and find resources for studying them.

Welcome to the Dao Bums, and Good luck.

Edited by Zhongyongdaoist
  • Like 3

If you have a better reason than "it would be cool" which is really satisfy my egoic craving, then the universe or higher beings etc can help in the process of your developing that siddhi. And if you keep that reason in your heart and pray, then that will hasten things.

Another tactic is the direct route: practice the "phantom sense"  of vision often and regularly. What you practice is what you get.

There is probably a holy grail type of qigong out there for developing this, but I don't know it, sorry. Years ago on this site, a guy who learned from some secretive Taoist sect seemed to really be so far beyond seeing auras, and I'm sure he's the guy to ask. 

One often hears that developing and practicing healing qigong brings along the ability to sense auras. In my case, I can feel them like sticking my finger into a pool of warm water. But I cannot really see them, yet other healers develop this ability by doing healings.

My sources have told me that fusion of the five elements is required in order to obtain an ability such as telepathy. I'm sure telepathy falls under the "psychic" category. You can look into that in the healing dao/Tao Yoga system. I am not up to that advanced level yet but I am wondering if fusion of the five elements allows communication with animals, plants and other humans as well. I'm almost certain it does considering all the spiritual ground that the healing dao system covers as well as it's versatility. You may find what you're looking for there in that system.

As far as "psychic" abilities go (I'm uncomfortable with the word psychic) you can say that I'm mildly psychic. All my experiences have occurred in my dreams and I'm able to predict future events through them. This happens quite frequently though it's not something that happens ALL the time. I want to see if my practices will take me anywhere. 

If you want to see your own aura try this: 

1) At night time turn on your hallway light. 

2) Go inside of a dark room and leave your door closed ONLY about 3/4ths of the way. 

3) Stand behind your door in the semi dark room and point your index fingers together. Put your fingers in front of you at eye level.

4) Keep your fingers about a half inch apart (don't allow them to touch) and about a half inch away from the door (again, without touching).

5) Stare between your fingers until your eyes adjust to the dark and you'll see a soft glow around them and perhaps in-between them.

6) Pull your fingers apart slowly and you'll experience a clear streak of light left behind by your fingers. It should disappear within several seconds. 

I learned this from a book written by a karate master named Sensei Sugiyama, Shojiro Have fun.

If you're looking into books regarding Tao Yoga to help ground you in the basics look no further than the works of Eric Yudelove. 100 Days To Better Health, Good Sex & Long Life as a starter and then move onto Taoist Yoga & Sexual Energy. They won't waste your time and helps you to piece together Tao Yoga into a practical working system step by step. But remember that books are never a replacement for direct transmission from a real teacher,

Edited by Oneironaut

psychic abilities is yin qi energy - lunar energy - and mental abilities of the pineal gland - it is not the heart spiritual energy which is much more powerful but with less ego.

To see auras is actually more spiritual energy than psychic energy.

The New Age community in the  West thinks seeing auras is easy but it's actually a more advanced ability - it's just that people can lie about easily, etc.

telepathy is also from yang qi energy going out of the pineal gland so it is more of a spiritual ability.

Yin qi when built up does enable some psychic synchronicities - when you really fill up the yin qi you see auras more and have telepathy, etc. as the yang qi manifests.

So "super psychic" indeed.

Children who study qigong will develop abilities much faster, much easier.

In fact the qigong master just told me he wants to work with preschool kids as a qigong training program. haha.

He was hanging out with my niece a bit and said how they are on the same wavelength.

But I did send my niece a lot of energy when she was younger than 2 years old.

So I am proud of her - and glad the qigong master liked her energy.

At the younger age a person stays in the theta REM brain wave state - like a waking dream - a natural visionary state.

So the pineal gland energy is stronger naturally but when puberty kicks in then the unified yuan shen and yuan qi separates.

The pineal gland closes down and the reproductive organs increase - as the yuan qi energy of the pineal gland moves down to the reproductive organs and then the yuan qi energy is lost out as fluid when the yuan shen leaves out of the eyes as desire.

But before that the strong yuan qi in the pineal gland holds in the yuan shen so that the unified spirit energy can manifest easily - from the heart.

So this is a beautiful pure energy for children.

this is the qigong I am talking about - a 9 year old does healing with it.

• Like 2

If you're looking into books regarding Tao Yoga to help ground you in the basics look no further than the works of Eric Yudelove. .....

I would be very wary of taking instruction from someone who seems so fundamentally...ungrounded. I don't know anything of his work, but the drama of his life (and some rather unhinged posts on here from years back) have counselled me to steer clear. Just a caveat, all are free to make up their own mind :)

There are people with inborn ability. My advice don't try to develop esp, if you don't posses it. Live a normal life ,and enjoy life.

Re:

-----

"If someone wanted to develop psychic abilities - specifically, the ability to perceive auras and qi energy - what is the best form of qigong for doing so?"

-----

Seeing aura is seeing energy body - energy/vibrations coming from the human being due to overall energy flow, organs functionings and "emotions", etc.

Some of this is in infra-red part of spectrum not really visible to eyes - like heat.

Some of this is past ultraviolet part of spectrum and towards "spirit".

So seeing aura is not fully "psychic" like "telepathy" or "remote viewing".

It is more like the way we "sense" that a pan is hot when we see it on the stove.
With practice, we can "see" it.

Energy sensing is an effect from practicing just about any form of qigong enough.

Spirit sensing requires more than this if we are try to deliberately improve it. We need to build the reciever/sender, the human being, into a better and clearer condition than modern living and food and artificial environment is generally producing.

I was born with psychic abilities - as is everyone else to one degree or another - but by rebuilding myself at an early age I was able to become a world-class psychic with celebrity clients. This was several decades ago, and I also had practiced Chinese gongfu and qigong from an early age, and learned some specific techniques that do increase these abilities - but it wasn't until I learned how to rebuild my blood and organs that I was able to really "develop" my ability in a measured, consistent way.

Until I did that, I realized that ordinary lifestyle is making the old time exercises and practices take way too long - one step forward, one step back, etc. I saw that even masters and other teachers are ignorant of this and limited as a result.

The methods I eventually developed were based on Taoist diet practices and modern Macrobiotics - so those might be a place to start exploration and study in this direction.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

Every human body is outfitted with these potentials - the greatest asset to seeing in all forms is neutrality.

The idea that one must be gifted is someone's story but it is not true.

All true practice ( in the sense of practice towards enlightenment) brings an increasing and expansive neutrality and increasingly finer vibrations. The byproducts of this work are wonderous abilities of the highest nature.

The " New age groups in the west" are basically correct - it is easy to develop ones psychic powers such as clairvoyance, clairaudience and clairsentience. Practice it and it will emerge and yes it is easy to deceive one self - that is always the case - it is also easy to develope powers along these lines.

For some " feeling " is quite easy. For others "sight" is also easy.

"No effort" is a requirement - in other words if you are trying hard with great concentration - you are simply straining yourself unnecessarily.

At the very adept level their is no difference in distance - remote viewing is no different than a foot away - same with remote energy work - they take no more energy or concentration and in general energy and concentration are barely needed at all. It does not take much energy and concentration to look at a car standing in front of you and this stuff requires no more energy and concentration than that does.

However, with that said, practicing if you wish to set out to obtain these abilities will invariably require attentiveness and development of those faculties of sensitivity.

Qi Gong breaks up blocking patterns and refreshes neutrality. I know of no forms that are not helpful in general toward the development of ones abilities.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

Refined sweeteners, commercial soda, alcohol, refined and fractioned foods, and most drugs and chemicals - these can all diminish psychic ability.

Stopping these altogether and starting with whole and real food - within a year or two, psychic ability will improve very much, even without any specific trainings.

Hard work and hard circumstances can also improve intuition and psychic ability.

If your life becomes in danger, then you automatically looking beyond immediate place and situation - this also improves psychic ability.

Modern brainwashing - educations and media (and even the houses and buildings) - all of this is counterproductive. If we sent someone away for 12-16+ years to an "education facility" - they will be very different than they might have been in nature with real human beings. They will be "bionized" (biological becomes crippled and requires artificial efforts to maintain) and "psychonized" (made robotic in thinking functions, automated associations, NLP, etc).

None of this education and media is really about good human living or accurate about human functioning or potential. It's there simply to limit these to a managable level.

Once we can regain human functioning by changing food to real and living ways to real human ways, then exercises can work.

Most of these will be about gaining sensitivity to "vibrations".

These exercises and trainings can be elaborate and take many years, but all basic qigong is good start.

Beyond basic, there are things like darkness training to increase sensitivity to certain parts of vibrational spectrum.

But all trainings are only as functional as the human being doing them.

The midbrain is where vibrations are processed - light responses, magnetic sensing, etc.

Each blood cell also maintains a polarity with vibration as iron, hemoglobin.

Minerals recieve vibrations - this is how a crystal radio works.

This is why demineralizing foods/drinks and foods that cause expansion in tissues wreck accurate psychic ability.

This is why qigong masters who say to eat anything and it doesn't matter, are actually stunting their own progress and that of people who believe them.

That advice became null and void when the modern era began.

Anyone doubting this can prove it by eating only candy bars, or only ham, for one year.

There is not one cell in a human body not made of food.

What food in what environment equals how it was made.

The brain reading this = 100% made of food.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 5

Their is no question that the food one eats definitely effects ones abilities on all levels and especially on these very fine skills and new skill levels.

I have been reminded of this very clearly this past week - I'm in Hawaii and although I am normally a fairly strict Vegan I decided on a few occasions to simply enjoy the moment with some old friends when we went out to eat at a place they chose and which has some of the best meat dishes on the planet - so I had some delicious beef and other items. The next day I also enjoyed the left overs - and by the next day I was a bit taken aback by the heaviness / thickness now pervading my energy. This new heaviness directly related to the desire for coffee and less activity.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

From The Surangama Sutra: 

ânanda, all beings live if they eat wholesome food and
die if they take poison. In their search for Samàdhi, they
should abstain from eating five kinds of pungent roots (i.e.
garlic, the three kinds of onions and leeks); if eaten cooked,
they are aphrodisiac and if raw, they cause irritability.
Although those who eat them may read the twelve divisions
of the Mahàyàna canon, they drive away seers (çùi) in the ten
directions who abhor the bad odour, and attract hungry
ghosts who lick their lips. They are always surrounded by
ghosts, and their good fortune will fade away day by day to
their own detriment. When these eaters of pungent roots
practise Samàdhi, none of the Bodhisattvas, seers and good
spirits come to protect them, while the mighty king of
demons takes advantage of the occasion to appear as a
Buddha as if to teach them the Dharma, defaming and
breaking the precepts and praising carnality, anger and stupidity;
at their death, they will join his retinue, and at the end
of their time in his realm, they will fall into the unintermittent
hell. ânanda, practisers of Samàdhi should never eat these
five pungent roots. This is the first step of gradual practice.
What are the basic causes? ânanda, those practisers
who wish to enter the state of Samàdhi should first observe
strictly the rules of pure living to cut lust from the mind by abstaining
from meat and wine and by taking cooked, instead of
raw food. ânanda, if they do not abstain from carnality and
killing, they will never escape from the three worlds of existence.
They should consider lust as dangerous as a poisonous
snake and a deadly foe. They should begin by strictly observing
the Hãnayànas four prohibitions for monks and eight for
nuns175 to regulate the body, and then adhere to the
Bodhisattva discipline to ensure the non-stirring of mind. If
they observe these precepts, they will wipe out forever the
karma that leads to birth and killing. If in addition they cease
to steal, they will owe nothing to others and will not have debts
to repay.

Those who keep the rules of pure living in their practice
of Samàdhi, will be able to see with their own eyes, without
the aid of deva sight, all the worlds in the ten directions.
They will behold the Buddha preaching the Dharma, will personally
receive the holy teaching, will win the transcendental
power which enables them to roam freely in all worlds and will
acquire the Buddha knowledge of all forms of their own and
others previous existences, and so will be immune from all
calamities. This is the second step of gradual practice.
What happens when karma (no longer) grows? The
minds of these practisers who observe the prohibitions, now
free from sensual desire, will not wander outside in search of
sense data, but return to the inner (mind). For lack of causal
sense data, their organs, thus disengaged from externals,
turn back to the (undivided) one to which, since the six functions
have ceased to discriminate, all countries will appear
pure and clean. This is like a crystal ball with a bright moon
inside it.176 Their bodies and minds will experience joy and
great comfort in the state of absolute and perfect impartiality
in which the esoteric perfection and pure absoluteness of all
Tathàgatas appear. They will then achieve the great patience
of the uncreate and will continue their progress towards
sainthood. This is the third step of gradual practice.

• Like 1

I don't think it's the type of qigong, so much as what we bring to qigong. For many years, I tried to make things happen in qigong and meditation. It took me a long time just sitting to realize that it is often the doing that gets in the way. So the question from my point of view isn't how do I develop qigong, but how do I get out of the way so that qigong can manifest. 

From The Surangama Sutra:

From the wiki:

The Śūraṅgama Sūtra (Sanskrit; traditional Chinese: 大佛頂首楞嚴經) is a Mahayana Buddhist sutra that has been especially influential in Chan Buddhism. The general doctrinal outlook of the Śūraṅgama Sūtra is that of esoteric Buddhism and Buddha-nature, with some influence from Yogacara. The text has long been of disputed authenticity (see History), and often classed as Buddhist apocrypha. Current consensus is that the text itself is of Chinese origin, based on Indic texts, rather than a translation of a single text from Sanskrit.

In Buddhist studies, particularly East Asian Buddhist studies, Buddhist apocrypha designate texts that are not accepted as canonical by the various traditions of Buddhism.[1] In East Asian Buddhist studies, the term is principally applied to texts that were actually written in East Asia, primarily China, but purport to be translations of Indian texts.[1]

Many of these texts were rejected by Buddhist monks or even banned as of low religious value and mostly have been lost,[2][3][4][5] but some popular and influential texts, such as the Humane King Sutra, are in fact apocryphal.

From Surangama Sutra:

Comment
Enlightenment in Mahàyàna Buddhism consists in transmuting
the mind into the Great Mirror Wisdom. And so the
øåraïgama Såtra points directly at the Mind which when
stirred by the first thought creates the basic illusion of an ego
and splits the Whole into subject and object. In consequence
it is still a primary source for the Chan or Zen school.

There are doubtless many different ways to get to psychic powers.  You don't even have to necessarily have much self-development (in which case it's sort of an accident whether or not you get them).

I'm guessing (from personal experience) that the most likely way to get to psychic powers if you DO already have some significant level of self-development . . . is to receive transmission of the ability from someone else who has it.

Edited by Lataif

If all you wish to do is have psychic abilities manifest then take a look at trance work and trance meditation - it is the quick way to be psychic and if writing books on the subject and being a psychic to the stars gets you worked up this will work - it's actually pretty easy going that route. And it's easy to get students!

However you will end up quoting a lot - because you won't ever really know what is going on if you get there by trance.

You may end up quoting yourself.

Edited by Spotless

FoHan Quan - Fohanquan - Qi Gong and Kung Fu

Fohanquan is very well developed along the lines of the original posters inquiry.

Edited by Spotless

Longmen pai is the main method for developing these abilities. It was Master Wang Liping that was heading up the group of 10 qigong master who were tasked by the Chinese government to run this national program to bring forth these latent abilities they refer to as exceptional human function (EHF) in the book.

There is a brief description in the book of methods for developing the third eye - it is too Xing gong and not enough Ming gong focussed for most adults to be able to use it safely though. As master wang said, ' when the children sit they have no pain at all and their bodies are very comfortable.' When we all sit with master wang it is pretty painful so more ming gong practices are needed in order to have a good base from which to build on.

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 1

The most direct way to develop psychic abilities is to simply practice them in a deeply relaxed state. The Silva Mind Control seminar is good for that (best to do it live, but there are also CDs and books available).

• Like 1

Sure you can do that Michael but it would be I'll advised. Master Wang explains that all practices related to the third eye and xing gong burn a lot of yuan qi -  so if you don't have proper methods for refuelling then you are spending money from your bank account. Without a job, how are you going to deposit back in. That's why all the proper cultivation schools practice twin cultivation of essence and life force.

• Like 2

Sure you can do that Michael but it would be I'll advised. Master Wang explains that all practices related to the third eye and xing gong burn a lot of yuan qi -  so if you don't have proper methods for refuelling then you are spending money from your bank account. Without a job, how are you going to deposit back in. That's why all the proper cultivation schools practice twin cultivation of essence and life force.

Bamboo,

Could you say more about cultivation of essence and life force?

John

Sounds interesting, you have got my attention.