Sunya

Reiki Tummo

learning from spirits? sounds like shamanistic practices of traveling to the lower and upper worlds to gain power animals or spirit guides through the journeying process (which i believe is the same as astral travel)

i've always wondered through whether or not these power animals, spirit guides, teachers are just manifestations of the sub conscious. how do you know they are separate from you?

Its not that they are separate from you, it is just the cultivation of things in mind. The mind/conditions they have, are far more cultivated than the one practicing/receiving methods from them.

Though ultimately we are all without dual nature, due to conditions in mind, there will be a dual nature. Therefore the view of them being separate. In either case, they are of one's mind, and also are cultivated beings at the same time.

Peace,

Lin

Its not that they are separate from you, it is just the cultivation of things in mind. The mind/conditions they have, are far more cultivated than the one practicing/receiving methods from them.

Though ultimately we are all without dual nature, due to conditions in mind, there will be a dual nature. Therefore the view of them being separate. In either case, they are of one's mind, and also are cultivated beings at the same time.

Peace,

Lin

ahh! i understand. thank you

Mandrake: I took a set of Reiki Tummo attunements and courses years ago. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Just did nothing for me. As SFJane wrote, didn't raise my energy level one milliamp

Send your money to me instead please?!

The strongest impression, or strongest lacking impression was that of people embodying some real wisdom. Instructors, students, no one.

Mandrake, thank you for your blunt honesty. May I ask where you attended the workshop and who taught it? Were you able to be regular and devote any time to the recommended practices following your attunement? I ask for a couple of reasons.

Our nervous systems are all different and sometimes it takes awhile for a person to become kinesthetically sensitive enough to register the Reiki Tummo flow I described in an earlier reply to Hundun. Not everyone will feel it clearly in the beginning. The Reiki Tummo attunement is not meant to blow your system open in an unbalanced unhealthy way but to begin a very gentle balanced process that allows the divine energy, the earth energy and kundalini to work together in a manner that builds a solid healthy foundation, physical and non-physical preparing the way for real spiritual growth. Sometimes, it does take follow-on practice of the recommended exercises for several months before it is clearly felt by a participant. In the scheme of things comprising a lifetime, a couple of months investment is not that long a period of time to evaluate the worthiness of a practice.

If you ever want to consider giving it another shot, I would be happy to see if I could find a senior alumni in the area who might be of assistance or if that did not work, perhaps Rama one of Irmansyah's Reiki Tummo teachers might be able to work with you at a distance. I cannot promise Rama would be available but I could at least ask and find out. Of course, there would be no charge for either since you have already taken the workshops. And as you probably know, anyone who has attended a Reiki Tummo workshop can repeat the workshop including receiving the attunements for $25. From your comment, this probably is not of interest to you but I am just putting it out there should you ever have a change of heart.

Regarding your comment, "The strongest impression, or strongest lacking impression was that of people embodying some real wisdom. Instructors, students, no one." ...

Irmansyah has attempted to make the Padmacahaya course of instruction available to everyone including those with no previous background at all. The name Reiki Tummo, especially the reiki portion has caused the majority of serious practitioners of other disciplines to treat it lightly feeling there was little of value. It is actually one of the reasons, I am taking the time to respond to some of the questions in this forum. I have a deep respect for diligent practitioners of every tradition and want to clearly communicate that the training for the spiritual heart, inner heart, soul and spirit that follows at the retreat level with Irmansyah is something of real value that can complement and empower any path or discipline. The opening, unfolding and proper utilization of the spiritual heart is critical in the spirit's journey home to the Creator.

Mandrake, in alot of occasions, it has been true that many if not most of the participants in a given Reiki Tummo workshop are relative newbies and do not have deep practicing backgrounds in yoga, taoism, dzogchen, etc. For the most part regarding outside disciplines, the authorized Reiki Tummo teachers do not either. However, they do have an excellent knowledge of the material they are teaching, a deep loving relationship with Divine Source and experientially a very good, deep and sustained ability to be able to open and surrender their whole heart and whole self to Divine Source to be used as an instrument and let the Love work through them. These are the critical elements in being a teacher. They are here to help at the entry level. They are still learning themselves. Real wisdom and understanding does not equate with information given out to satisfy our brains or the ability to correlate teachings from other disciplines with Reiki Tummo but how well we can open our heart and whole self to Divine Source and let the Love and Blessings of the Creator work.

As Reiki Tummo is simply the beginning part of a series of lessons in advanced spiritual development, authorization to teach Reiki Tummo is not spread freely. The ability to surrender properly, knowledge of the entry material and the authority to do so are closely monitored by Irmansyah. Teachers can spend years in training before their surrender to Divine Source has reached a sufficient level of depth and quality to be granted permission to teach a workshop. Even after that, they are closely monitored by Irmansyah. Only an approved teacher in the Padmacahaya or Padmajaya (Indonesian) Foundation has the authority to teach Reiki Tummo. This is to ensure that the direction and real goal of Reiki Tummo does not change. A person who has completed level 3B (teacher level) in Reiki Tummo is still learning and does not have a complete and thorough understanding-realization about the full essence of Reiki Tummo, as Reiki Tummo is an integrated part of a more advanced program of spiritual development.

When taking our first workshop, many of us, myself included, enter and take with us many preconceived ideas and expectations that can limit our experience. This is actually more common with seasoned practitioners vs new persons with little background. Personally, I came to Padmacahaya with over 30 years of practice learned from other traditions. I mentioned in another reply that both helped and hindered me. In some respects, I progressed quickly, in others like the heart I had an initial difficulty and had to unlearn certain things. Working with the heart is about letting go and allowing. I was very disciplined with my previous practices and had built up habits of doing things in certain ways. However, working with the heart and the blessings of Divine Source is not about doing it our way, it requires giving up control to something bigger than ourselves, to our Creator the one that birthed us. Many came to the initial workshops I attended with little or no practicing spiritual background in this lifetime and actually did much better with the heart than I did. Some continue to do so even now years later. It took me awhile to let go of some restrictive habits cultivated by my past training, certain concepts and ideas I had, but once that happened and I was really able to begin letting the blessings work, in the best of ways things changed dramatically for me including practices I still continued to do from other traditions.

All of the material for Reiki Tummo I, II, IIIA except the bonus Shing Chi 8 practice (first divine chakra above the crown) is explicitly presented in Irmansyah's book. If time is taken to carefully read the book, one can see that Irmansyah is presenting and using the Reiki material in a particular way to experientially begin teaching lessons much more important than Reiki itself. Specific practices and instruction are used to impart particular spiritual keys at each level of Reiki Tummo. These are clearly delineated in Irmansyah's book. The majority have to do with 1) knowing our heart, relaxing, smiling and surrendering, 2) strengthening and using our heart better so that one can connect to the Creator easier and be able to better receive the blessing of the Creator and 3) removing limitations and gaining a better understanding of the Divine. The specific lessons, methods and practices for imparting the understanding to these keys and more that I have not mentioned are in the book. Their value should not be underestimated.

In Padmacahaya, Reiki Tummo is a training platform. The Reiki symbols used in Reiki Tummo I, II, IIIA have no power of their own. They are much like training wheels on a bicycle when we first learn to ride. In the beginning, they support our learning. However, at a certain stage we outgrow their use and they become limitations. After the Reiki Tummo workshops are completed in the follow-on spiritual retreat with Irmansyah, our connection to Divine Source is strenghthened more, our understanding of the Divine and ability to let the blessings work improve and specific barriers in our energy field that separate us from the universe are removed thereby eliminating the need to use Reiki symbols. At that point we rely more directly on the Love and Blessings of Divine Source. These are just words but the impact to our spiritual growth is huge. Everything in Padmacahaya builds step-by-step creating the proper foundation that allows the next step to unfold naturally and become alive within the individual.

I wish you the best in your own practices and chosen path. The best to you ALWAYS.

Stevejon

Edited by stevejon

mikao usui, the founder of reiki, died at age 62 of a stroke complicated by illnesses he had cured a many times previous. lots of reiki practitioners are of ill health, and lots of them die young. but i can't make that jump with you to it being the result of interacting with spirits.
Yea, that is a questionable demise, particularly for a "master healer."

Then again, many healers and shamans have false beliefs that they can cure others, but not themselves, etc..

Mikael, regarding why you have to pay money to progress spiritually. You do not. As Hundun mentioned, I posted some information about Reiki Tummo on the AYP web site authored by Yogani (www.aypsite.com) which is completely free.
Uh, where???

PS - Etymology here:

Japanese reiki 霊気 "mysterious atmosphere; spiritual power" is the Sino-Japanese on'yomi pronunciation of Chinese lingqi 靈氣 "spiritual influence or atmosphere (of mountains, shrines, etc.); vitality, moving spirit, ingenuity".

This Japanese compound joins rei or ryō "ghost, spirit, soul; supernatural, miraculous, divine" and ki or ke "gas, air; breath; energy, force; atmosphere, manner; feelings; mood", here meaning Chinese qi "spiritual energy, vital energy, vitality, life force".

Both these Japanese kanji are graphic simplifications of Chinese characters: rei from ling (with "rain", 3 "mouths" or "raindrops", and 2 "shamans", depicting "prayers for rain; rainmaking"; compare ling the early variant character for ling "falling rain; zero"), and ki from qi (with "steam" rising from cooking "rice").

Basically, it sounds like shamanic prayers for rain are now prayers for healing... Edited by vortex

Yea, that is a questionable demise, particularly for a "master healer."

Then again, many healers and shamans have false beliefs that they can cure others, but not themselves, etc..

true, but he didn't have that false belief. he rediscovered one of the keys to awakening his potential, but failed at cultivating it properly. that's what i think.

Basically, it sounds like shamanic prayers for rain are now prayers for healing...

OR that the force used by the shamans to charm the weather is the same force that's now used for healing.

true, but he didn't have that false belief. he rediscovered one of the keys to awakening his potential, but failed at cultivating it properly. that's what i think.

OR that the force used by the shamans to charm the weather is the same force that's now used for healing.

well that is energy that comes in from your crown chakra it can be used for anything and seems to work very well for healing.

A lot of what reiki folks do is found in actual bon po and nyingma healing and also shamanic hands on healing from south america & Indonesia and some forms of chi kung healing that works with cosmic chi & earth Chi.

mikao usui, the founder of reiki, died at age 62 of a stroke complicated by illnesses he had cured a many times previous. lots of reiki practitioners are of ill health, and lots of them die young. but i can't make that jump with you to it being the result of interacting with spirits.

A lot of great masters have died young. Look at Wan Su jin diabetic blood pressure issues etc but he was known for his magnificent Chi, and healing and martial abilities.

I do not think we can judge a masters age of death and say he or she is not a good master.

Some masters frankly do not give a shit about how log they are going to live they are more concerned with helping others. Also I have experienced that some masters become actually more powerful after disembodied.

Glenn used to tell me he was more concerned with having fun and sharing with others than beng a "GURU" or a monk. I can assure he had more juice than most of the Lamas I trained with and more than most so called Chi kung masters have.

The body is just a vessel.

Some of the best masters and powerful people i have met are healers:

Dr. Glenn Morris

Master Choa Kuk Sui was very impressive to me.

Lama Khenpo Yurmed Tinley Rinpoche my Nyingma Lama .

Also Master Wu Weizhong.

All who had extraordinary healing and chi abilities and at the same time "effortless".

So sure if you are attached to this body you could say they are not real masters but they have gone beyond the concept of having a body. Some of them still manifest very real around myself and students of mine.

When I studied Bon po with my lama and was in retreats i was and still am actually taught by masters that no longer have a body. And guess what their transmissions work VERY WELL.

But in order to do that sort of thing you need to develop your Crown chakra further & also develop or widen your antahkarana in the crown.

Reiki is just a title a healer from JAPAN gave it but the energies behind it are far older and extremely intelligent. I taught Reiki to a real Shaman from Venezuela she cried cause she said it was same energy she was taught to draw from lightning and Cosmos for healing by her Indian elders...I have taught Reiki and Hoshin Tao Chi gung to Native americans (Onieda elders which actually are matriarchal based ). and they all said it was the same concepts and principles as their elders have always used for healing and well being.

So again go beyond the "titles" go beyond the beyond.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva
  • Like 1

I actually went to the Reiki Tummo 1 and 2 seminar less than a month ago with Rama. In my opinion it's legit and I did get alot out of it intially. Haven't really put it to use much seeing as I attended Nityama's seminar the following weekend and had very different but still very different but still very positive experience.

wow, this was a bit disappointing.

OF COURSE i understand the reiki energies are ancient. ALL energies are ancient! reiki is a generic term that mikao usui adopted as a means of commodifying his technique.

it's different from regular ki = you have to get if from me. = $$$

that's not to say he was a bad person, but that's what he did, at least according to the research of frank arjava petter, who wrote a book about his research, and others who wrote articles.

i'm a fan of bullet points, so here we go:

1.) the nature of the energy called reiki is IN NO WAY in dispute here, except in that you'll never be able to prove that it's different from ki, as in more intelligent or more healing or something like that.

2.) i know nothing about the people with whom you've shared reiki. their titles don't necessarily qualify them as able to distinguish the subtlest nuances of energy, i.e., i don't know that they could distinguish the energy of a reiki master from the energy of a kahuna, or a pranic healer, or any other energy worker. for anyone to say "this is the same energy as" might actually suggest that they can't feel any difference in quality even when there IS a difference.

3.) not all reiki masters are created equal. you can study with any two random (so-called) masters and have radically different experiences. the guy who initiated me over 10 years ago was stronger than any reiki master i have met since him.

4.) a lot of what reiki folks DON'T DO is cultivate and refine the energy once they're open to it. most of them assume that they don't have to do any work, that they can just call on the symbols and they will transmit the same perfect healing energy as any other reiki master. bullshit. if your vessel is dirty, the energy will be tainted, even reiki energy. the VAST MAJORITY of reiki masters out there are ineffective with their treatments. they get discouraged, never teach, never do healing work, and never evolve.

All who had extraordinary healing and chi abilities and at the same time "effortless".

i don't know what you mean by this statement. you say "and at the same" as if you wouldn't expect folks with extraordinary ability to work effortlessly.

Glenn used to tell me he was more concerned with having fun and sharing with others than beng a "GURU" or a monk. I can assure he had more juice than most of the Lamas I trained with and more than most so called Chi kung masters have.

when you're in the work of healing, more is not always better. frequency trumps quantity. but i'm not suggesting that glenn was a bad master, and you said yourself he was more interested in having fun. so your point kind of misses me.

Some masters frankly do not give a shit about how log they are going to live they are more concerned with helping others... So sure if you are attached to this body you could say they are not real masters but they have gone beyond the concept of having a body.

this is a cop out response. my point isn't about attachment to the vessel, it's about purifying and refining the vessel so that it's fit to share healing energy. even if one doesn't care about longevity, being an alcoholic and succumbing to road rage every day isn't going to render them very helpful to others. and way too many "reiki masters" fit that distinction. stories of disembodied masters has NOTHING to do with what i'm addressing.

Look at Wan Su jin diabetic blood pressure issues etc but he was known for his magnificent Chi, and healing and martial abilities.

i don't know this wan su jin that you're referring to, though i know a master with the same name who is in perfect health and who is dedicated to healing and training masters of healing. i do know that martial qigong can be very taxing on the body. i also know that unhealthy paradigms like "i am the healer. i will heal you," has led many great masters to an early grave. were they real masters? of course. that was never the argument i was making. but over the years they depleted their life force. and most reiki masters don't even do the work of building their life force! they are told that it will never drain them, but they never actually cultivate right mind.

Edited by Hundun

The subject of the difference between Chi and Reiki was touched on by Rama at the seminar I went too. He knows its value and acknowledges it. He prefers Reiki because its easier, with Chi you have to do breathing to build it up yourself and some feel tired after a treatment. Reiki energy comes from an inexhaustable source and a giving a treatment is easy and even energizes the giver because the energy is flowing through you.

I agree that the title "master" is a bit much, and that most reiki people are well-intentioned, but do not know or care about refining energies (a lot just stop at reiki)... that being said i find it very useful.

The subject of the difference between Chi and Reiki was touched on by Rama at the seminar I went too. He knows its value and acknowledges it. He prefers Reiki because its easier, with Chi you have to do breathing to build it up yourself and some feel tired after a treatment. Reiki energy comes from an inexhaustable source and a giving a treatment is easy and even energizes the giver because the energy is flowing through you.

yeah, i know the concept. it's quite common. i got my master initiation back in 1997 and i studied everything there was to study on the subject, which wasn't much. what i'm saying is a.) if you don't cultivate right mind, then it will drain you anyway because you are ego-invested in the process. and b.) the "flowing through you rather than from you" concept holds true for qigong as well if right mind is cultivated. that's what i'm talking about when i refer to healthy mindsets.

many reiki practitioners drain themselves. using too much effort in what should be an effortless process. tying their sense of self to the effectiveness of their treatments.

also, rama's perspective doesn't account for why two reiki masters using the exact same technique can get different results.

Edited by Hundun

wow, this was a bit disappointing.

this is a cop out response. my point isn't about attachment to the vessel, it's about purifying and refining the vessel so that it's fit to share healing energy. even if one doesn't care about longevity, being an alcoholic and succumbing to road rage every day isn't going to render them very helpful to others. and way too many "reiki masters" fit that distinction. stories of disembodied masters has NOTHING to do with what i'm addressing.

i don't know this wan su jin that you're referring to, though i know a master with the same name who is in perfect health and who is dedicated to healing and training masters of healing. i do know that martial qigong can be very taxing on the body. i also know that unhealthy paradigms like "i am the healer. i will heal you," has led many great masters to an early grave. were they real masters? of course. that was never the argument i was making. but over the years they depleted their life force. and most reiki masters don't even do the work of building their life force! they are told that it will never drain them, but they never actually cultivate right mind.

any healer of any system HAS TO DO SOME FORM OF CULTIVATION and self work. Otherwise they can be toast to soon.

But its true some tantric healers do not care for the human vessle as much as others would like them to care for it. But who is to say?

I couldn't fathom doing Reiki or any healing with out a solid chi gung practice or cultivation of some sorts.

Sorry i misspelled his name its "wang shu jin "

Safest way to heal is to let the Earth & Cosmos work through you. You are the bridge and conductor but not the boss the boss is the energy itself.

Peace

Santiago

Glenn used to say Reiki by itself = Spray Bottle spritz

Chi Gung + Reiki = FIRE HOSE

:blink:

Edited by Vajrasattva

any healer of any system HAS TO DO SOME FORM OF CULTIVATION and self work. Otherwise they can be toast to soon.

But its true some tantric healers do not care for the human vessle as much as others would like them to care for it. But who is to say?

I couldn't fathom doing Reiki or any healing with out a solid chi gung practice or cultivation of some sorts.

Sorry i misspelled his name its "wang shu jin "

Safest way to heal is to let the Earth & Cosmos work through you. You are the bridge and conductor but not the boss the boss is the energy itself.

Peace

Santiago

Glenn used to say Reiki by itself = Spray Bottle spritz

Chi Gung + Reiki = FIRE HOSE

:blink:

agreed.

although i'd amend one thing:

Reiki by itself = spray bottle spritz, potentially with contaminated water. :unsure:

Edited by Hundun

agreed.

although i'd amend one thing:

Reiki by itself = spray bottle spritz, potentially with contaminated water. :unsure:

Agreed there is some modifications that need to be done to attunement process & also there is a need to do a real chi gung or yogic practice to enhance it. My guess is they way it was passed on was "incomplete".

but if moded you should be fine.

I know some POWERFUL folks that do reiki & Chi gung and they seem to run nice and clean.

Peace

Santiago

Have you both got rid of the Reiki symbols, or do you find that they are non-disruptive to your development that you have kept them/let them be?

For those that are not there yet, how to distinguish/control which energy is being channeled - the universal healing energy (descending through the crown) and one's own energy? Whilst channeling Reiki, the body automatically "powers up", anyway.

I use some symbols some from the Usui method ( i never had any issues with them. But then again i always do my work very grounded & rooted) some from the tibetan method an also some from Bon po. I also use some from Indonesian Ilmu Tenaga Dalam. But usually I just use intention and my higher self & Shakti.

Some times when i use higherself and intention the energy flows with & with out symbols by itself.

I let the Universe decide.

Sometimes a symbol is called for sometimes its not.

All native cultures have used symbols for healings & yantras. I have found that some of the symbols work even better as sound waves.

need less to say it works VERY well. I had a client call me yesterday her Kidneys are now 80% functional after not being functional at all with cancer in them. Also her lipids have increased 30 % so she is no longer needing Chemo nor Kidney draining. Her liver cancer is also going away.

All knowledge comes from the Creator/Shakti/Tao so if you draw from there with out ego and from a sincere heart it will have solid effects.

Peace

Santiago

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

Have you both got rid of the Reiki symbols, or do you find that they are non-disruptive to your development that you have kept them/let them be?

For those that are not there yet, how to distinguish/control which energy is being channeled - the universal healing energy (descending through the crown) and one's own energy? Whilst channeling Reiki, the body automatically "powers up", anyway.

the most important thing is to establish a regular practice of cultivation. learn a qigong form. start practicing hatha or (my personal favorite) vinyasa flow yoga. adopt a reverent attitude for the SOURCE to be manifest in the healing process.

i maintain an attitude of inviting the presence, rather than and attitude of "using the energy." mindset is everything.

the symbols may actually help to remove you from the process, but i almost never use them these days.

but the real key is to establish a mindfulness that you are a vessel for healing energy, and there are things you can do, and things you should probably stop doing, to live up to that calling.

qi push-ups are a must, so find a daily practice. spring forest qigong is extremely simple, so if you don't have a practice yet, i say that's a great place to start.

the most important thing is to establish a regular practice of cultivation. learn a qigong form. start practicing hatha or (my personal favorite) vinyasa flow yoga. adopt a reverent attitude for the SOURCE to be manifest in the healing process.

i maintain an attitude of inviting the presence, rather than and attitude of "using the energy." mindset is everything.

the symbols may actually help to remove you from the process, but i almost never use them these days.

but the real key is to establish a mindfulness that you are a vessel for healing energy, and there are things you can do, and things you should probably stop doing, to live up to that calling.

qi push-ups are a must, so find a daily practice. spring forest qigong is extremely simple, so if you don't have a practice yet, i say that's a great place to start.

What is a qi push-up?

What is a qi push-up?

LOL!

:lol:

it was a term SFJane came up with in this thread. it just means a regular practice that builds qi in the body. so qigong and yoga can be seen as ways of doing qi push-ups. your body's qi capacity will increase, and the cleansing effect on the organs, blood, and nervous system will refine the energy so that it's more healing.

The following is some additional information on Reiki Tummo that I posted a number of months ago on the AYPForum in response to some particular questions from a gentleman there. I am posting it here also to include in the overall discussion this particular Tao Bums topic has touched upon for any who might be interested.

Love and Light,

Stevejon :)

1) How would you compare Usui Reiki to Reiki Tummo? Irmansyah has gone out of his way to show how RT is so much more superior to Usui Reiki, which is not saying much considering the founder or Usui Reiki died a sickly death at an early age. There is a big part of me that believes that if a practice produces results, the founder and practitioners should reflect those results in their appearance, actions and being, more often than not.

I do not look at Usui reiki and Reiki Tummo in terms of inferior or superior so I will not compare from that viewpoint. If that is what you want please write Irman directly. It is his book. For me, everything has its place and offers its benefits. Many have benefitted from Usui reiki. To a large extent the derived benefit from Usui or any teaching depends on the attitude-readiness of the student, the quality-mastery of the teacher and from whence the teaching-attunement-etc. originates. From his perspective, Irman clearly, describes the difference in the attunements in his book which you have so there is no need to repeat that here.

Several years ago when I gave some intro lectures, I would occasionally demonstrate the difference experientially by first channelling Usui, then earth energy by itself, then blending the two together Usui + earth energy, then Reiki Tummo I. This incremental change allowed the folks that were kinisthetically sensitive to track the differences as Reiki Tummo I in a sense is a combination of [usui + the connnection to the core of the earth + a special connection to the heart]. When I asked the folks, if they felt any difference between [usui + the earth] and Reiki Tummo I, the majority said yes. When I asked if they could describe the difference, the most common word was 'happy'. 'Happy' comes from the heart connection. I would then channel Reiki Tummo II, Reiki Tummo IIIA and Shing Chi 8 so they could get a sense of the difference in effect of each subsequent attunement in terms of energy, kundalini flow, chakra opening etc. I would finally demonstrate the difference that smiling, relaxing and surrendering had on the energy channelling and a little bit on the difference between being a healer vs an instrument. I do not do this kind of demonstration anymore.

After a person finishes Reiki Tummo II and has had two days to begin feeling and working with their heart, they are now encouraged to do their own experiment and channel any other energies they work with toward their heart then Reiki Tummo. Most energies are healing and will have an effect on the heart chakra, but it is only the Love that directly affects the spiritual Heart within the heart chakra directly strengthening the love-connection with Divine Source. For me the most important part of the Reiki Tummo attunement, is the establishment of the love-connection not the kundalini awakening.

2) Why did you repeat the workshops? Was your kundalini not activated the first time?

My kundalini was activated before I took my first reiki tummo workshop. Many years earlier I had received shaktipat from the Siddha Yoga lineage and years later from the Maha Kundalini Yoga tradition. I repeated the reiki tummo workshops to gain a deeper understanding and practice of the workshop materials and to help support the new people attending. At that time, I was a coordinator helping to organize the workshops. An added benefit is that each attunement is perfectly adjusted by the Love of Divine Source for one's condition at the time of receiving so it was also quite enjoyable to receive the attunement again. Mostly, I repeated because it was fun to be with the new participants.

3) In the Reiki Tummo book, there are lots of very nice stories about feeling more connected to the heart after practicing Reiki Tummo. Yet, there are no stories (or very few) about third eye sight, powers of the chakras or any other experiences that indicate enlightenment, cosmic consciousness, constant bliss or any of the other kundalini symptoms described by other kundalini practitioners. Why is that?.

Because powers of the chakras and third eye sight are not indicators of enlightenment. In the book, many folks have commented and reflected on the added joy, peace and happiness that is beginning to fill their lives as they continue to work with reiki tummo and their heart.

If you want to obtain the powers associated with the chakras and be able to see at will into any of the energy dimensions, meet and interact with angels and other beings that is not the direction or goal of Padmacahaya. However, if you want to activate and awaken your inner heart, the core of your atman as a means of establishing a direct communication between you, the Divine Source and the Love. To proceed further by allowing the Inner Heart to become the complete and full director of your life and become more able to fully embrace and accept the Love and Will of the creator then Padmacahaya may be of interest. As one continues to let the Love work there is a sweetness, a softness, a gentleness that emerges from within one's inner being slowly effusing outward striking up a sympathetic resonance with everything around. The inner silence becomes alive, the delight of being is awakened and a real sharing with others begins.

4) Is there a Reiki Tummo forum somewhere where RT practitioners share their experiences?

Not what you are looking for. There are two Yahoo groups, one for the public and one for others who just took the beginning Reiki Tummo workshops to ask followup questions. However, I believe what you are asking is there a Reiki Tummo forum where the more advanced practitioners who have attended the retreats share their experiences. Not a public one. We have several private chat rooms in Padmacahaya for advanced practitioners. When Irman is not travelling and teaching, he comes online to continue teaching and guiding the alumni. This is free and is open to anyone who has attended the Inner Heart and Spiritual Retreat. These two workshops actually comprise a 3-day retreat Fri-Sun with Irman that is available to everyone completing entry level workshops (RT1, RT2, RT3A, Kundalini and Meditation).

5) What have been your experiences with Reiki Tummo? What milestones or indications have you had as a result of Reiki Tummo? Are you in constant bliss? Do you have ecstatic conductivity? Do you see the upper planes? Do you heal very sick people? Have you had cosmic consciousness experiences? Is your kundalini full blown? Although we don't dwell on the signs along the way, they are important because they are an indicator of the level of development one has attained and the effectiveness of the techniques used. If someone tells you they are meaningless and to ignore them, then at least you know you are on the right track.

My hands are tied on this question because I have taken a pledge not to speak about certain things regarding individual experiences or the upper level retreats in public. To keep it simple. I am NOT enlightened. I am NOT a master of anything. My knowledge, understanding and realization are still very limited. I am NOT a healer. I do NOT at will see into the various energy dimensions nor do beings of small or big importance in the spiritiual hierarchy drop by to pay me regular visits. To be perfectly honest, I feel blessed when any of my friends just call me on the telephone to say hi. I am not sure what your definition of full-blown kundalini is. As one approaches Divine Source and becomes more and more part of the Love, the sushumna and chakras will expand to the size of existence. The nature, quality, magnitude and interaction of the kundalini flow, ecstatic conductivity and bliss also change. So is my kundalini full-blown, well that's an easy one NO. Woke up this morning, sushumna's still not the size of existence.

What I am experiencing is an ever-deepening state of inner silence, peace, ecstatic conductivity, joy and happiness that unfolds day by day. There is improved health, gratitude and longing and most importantly the Love along with a better understanding and living of life's purpose. Does it sometimes get overshadowed by extreme events ... yes. I am also enjoying the guidance and direction of the Inner Heart which is making a very big difference in my life and life choices.

Edited by stevejon