Sunya

Reiki Tummo

what do you guys think of Reiki Tummo?

i randomly happened upon it, and it seems great, but i'd really like to hear opinions and experiences.

http://www.padmacahaya.org/attainyoga.html

http://www.padmacahaya.com/Rktummo/rktm10.html

they say that its the best and fastest way to awakening. all the chakras are opened and the main emphasis is on the heart

it seems to be very situated on "attunements" that you ahve to receive from other people via workshops.

AfterRKT1Attunement.gif

it seems very systematic

http://www.padmacahaya.org/YogaCurriculum.html

Edited by mikaelz

what do you guys think of Reiki Tummo?

i randomly happened upon it, and it seems great, but i'd really like to hear opinions and experiences.

http://www.padmacahaya.com/Rktummo/rktm1.html

http://www.padmacahaya.com/Rktummo/rktm6.html

they say that its the best and fastest way to awakening. all the chakras are opened and the main emphasis is on the heart

it seems to be very situated on "attunements" that you ahve to receive from other people via workshops.

in a nutshell,

no.

i could be wrong and this particular branch might provide some actual worthwhile teaching, but not likely.

reiki tummo is one of over two dozen 'brand name' reiki (non)systems that grew out of the fact that "traditional" reiki was fragmented and incomplete when it arrived here.

if you were going to consider doing it:

1.) find someone who can attune you in-person.

2.) ask for that person's lineage, and make sure it traces back to hawayo takata. and make sure that each person in that line was initiated in-person by the previous master. if they can't provide this for you, you're gambling with both your money and your energy field.

3.) study the chakra system on your own, as none of these workshops have thorough teaching modules.

the attunement is an actual transmission of energy, and if the person leading the workshop is legit, the attunment process can change you. you will be openned to the energy in a real way, and you won't be the same again.

however,

where are all of these 'awakened' people? reiki tummo has been around for years now. it just hasn't happened.

my first teacher was a ninjitsu instructor and a reiki master, back before the flood of self-initiated masters and masters who received their initiations via email correspondence. he was naturally gifted. very powerful. but not even close to awakened. in fact, i'd say he was extremely ego-maniacal and power-hungry.

he did the whole chakra-to-chakra transmission long before there was a brand name attached to the method. one of the most powerful people i ever met. and now he's in his late 30's, no students, no relationship, still living with his parents.

i would just go for the traditional reiki method, or find someone who was trained (in-person) through the international center for reiki training. they won't try to tell you you're awakened at the end of a workshop. they tend to be new-agey, but the transmission is very real and it can change you. after that it's up to you to find a system or practice that can take you further.

Edited by Hundun

Hundun,

thank you for the response. i was a bit skeptical too, but i honestly don't know much about Reiki... and was never interested in the attunements. I plan on receiving shaktipat very soon from a siddha guru and this i feel will be the same. but reading this post got me thinking. it basically says that yogic methods are out of date..

From my experience, the traditional ancient yogic path has limitations that are

often not understood by spiritual seekers when they are beginning the yogic

path. I share these not to be disrespectful to the honored ancient traditions,

but to help spiritual seekers realize that there is a difference between the

old school yogic approach and Reiki Tummo which is available to us in the

present and supporting us to fulfill our ultimate spiritual destiny. This is

available to us now due to the shifts in existence that have occurred since the

year 2000.

a bit new-agey yeah. read that whole link its some pretty crazy stuff, i just don't know if its the truth or not.

read the page about the founder. the "grandmaster." that's enough for me to look elsewhere.

but maybe that's just me.

EDIT:

in case people are unaware, THERE ARE NO WANDERING TIBETAN PRIESTS WHO BROUGHT REIKI HERE!

this was a lie that was pushed in the 90's when people began to discover that the founder of reiki, mikao usui, didn't just receive the system from the heavens. much of is rooted in old and largely discarded tibetan practice.

"wandering tibetan" is just something that sounds deep. orientalism at it's finest.

Edited by Hundun

read the page about the founder. the "grandmaster." that's enough for me to look elsewhere.

but maybe that's just me.

EDIT:

in case people are unaware, THERE ARE NO WANDERING TIBETAN PRIESTS WHO BROUGHT REIKI HERE!

this was a lie that was pushed in the 90's when people began to discover that the founder of reiki, mikao usui, didn't just receive the system from the heavens. much of is rooted in old and largely discarded tibetan practice.

"wandering tibetan" is just something that sounds deep. orientalism at it's finest.

ah yes that Founder page definetely was quite interesting to read, haha. I agree with you, sounds really phony.

the International Center for Reiki Training would be legit? http://www.reiki.org/

ah yes that Founder page definetely was quite interesting to read, haha. I agree with you, sounds really phony.

the International Center for Reiki Training would be legit? http://www.reiki.org/

read through the site. william rand's search is about as legit as it gets. most of the truth about the art that began to surface in the 90's came from him and his friends and students. he is almost the sole reason why a person doesn't have to pay $10,000 to become a reiki master. of course, that means also that his openness has led to the many crackpots out there, too.

he and his people have done tons of experiments and made many good innovations to the art, but it still remains a fragmented system. but the transmissions can be profound, and the teachings that they offer is as good as it gets in reiki.

one of his friends uncovered the fact that there remains an unbroken line of reiki that never left japan; until then, everyone thought that hawayo takata (the one who brought reiki to the west) was the last of the line.

personally, i'm not a big fan of reiki. but i am a fan of sincere cultivators saving themselves many years by receiving transmissions.

thank you for the information.

why are you not a fan of reiki? what do you practice?

i personally am interested in it because it seems to clear up the channels and chakras quite well which seems great for kundalini awakening. i also am very interested in healing people.

but reiki alone i feel is definetely not enough but in combination with other systems it can prove to be quite valuable

Edited by mikaelz

read through the site. william rand's search is about as legit as it gets. most of the truth about the art that began to surface in the 90's came from him and his friends and students.

Bill Rand was my reiki teacher way back in '89' I believe.

Hi!

I'm a reiki teacher. It's a nice art, but all I can say, it is far more valued, that it should be. It can give you a real good taste of energy, you can do some very good healing with it. But I never experienced, that anyone reached even spiritual maturity, not to mention awakening.

In some other topic someone wrote, that awakening is an energy experience, but energy is not about awakening. I totally agree.

read through the site. william rand's search is about as legit as it gets. most of the truth about the art that began to surface in the 90's came from him and his friends and students. he is almost the sole reason why a person doesn't have to pay $10,000 to become a reiki master. of course, that means also that his openness has led to the many crackpots out there, too.

he and his people have done tons of experiments and made many good innovations to the art, but it still remains a fragmented system. but the transmissions can be profound, and the teachings that they offer is as good as it gets in reiki.

one of his friends uncovered the fact that there remains an unbroken line of reiki that never left japan; until then, everyone thought that hawayo takata (the one who brought reiki to the west) was the last of the line.

personally, i'm not a big fan of reiki. but i am a fan of sincere cultivators saving themselves many years by receiving transmissions.

The characters for Reiki in Chinese read; Ling Qi

Ling is part of the word for Ling Hun, meaning spirit, soul. Qi, we all know.

It can be translated as Spirit/Ghost/Soul Energy.

That means, its function is in communicating with spirits, ghosts, souls and utilizing their energy.

It is created karmic affinities with these beings which does not always result in good things for the cultivator and the one receiving "treatment".

I met many Reiki practitioners who looked pale, dried and or had ill health, hands cold, no true wisdom, but covered it up with a forced active attitude. Some had fine health, but their connection with Ghosts and such was too heavy. The energy this system works with isn't all pure and enlightened, but it is universal... as is everything else.

Many yrs ago I also took all 3 Reiki attunements JUST to see what the teacher had. I respected her as a teacher, but as I investigate through cultivation and seeing responses from my students, I stepped off from Reiki very fast..within a month or so, and began replacing the teachings to my students with what I originally had. One can reach states through Reiki, but it is not ultimate, and will lead to confusion.

Most Reiki people also disregard Qigong, saying that Reiki is more powerful. A big false statement right there.

Another thing is a person cannot get healed by anything unless they have the karmic affinity for it.

The thing with Reiki is that is borrows from the spirit realms; good and bad. That is not something I advise people to work with. That doesn't mean responses to health are not present. People can get healed from it to an extent, but they will still have the problems with them unless they make a full change of mind; behavior and character.

Most of all our health problems are influenced by outside and inside sources. By tapping into the energy of spirits, ghosts, souls, we are further created a karmic connection with them, and will thus need to pay back our responses from getting their assistance.

You can put it to "Lost in Translation".

This post is another head chopper for me. I only have one head with this body...lol some will have to wait and see if I create another one and re-incarnate..hahaha Good luck finding me :P

In Buddhism we say ; "Medicine, it can cure the body , but not the mind."

That doesn't mean medicine isn't helpful, it just means medicine has to include teachings that help people change their mental conditions.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

P.S.- Please be very very very careful with any foreign named energetic system. And research it before involving yourself with it. Ask questions, people, anything.

thank you for the information.

why are you not a fan of reiki? what do you practice?

i personally am interested in it because it seems to clear up the channels and chakras quite well which seems great for kundalini awakening. i also am very interested in healing people.

but reiki alone i feel is definitely not enough but in combination with other systems it can prove to be quite valuable

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=3829&st=20

scroll down the page a little bit. it's a very cliff's notes explanation of what i do. if you have any questions, just let me know.

i teach qigong and do healing work for a living. it frees up a lot of time for me to devote to my spiritual passion.

one of my biggest problems with reiki is the use of the word master. everywhere you tern on the internet you find all these masters, and in reiki there are a lot of explanations of how being a master only means that you received the final level attunement and doesn't mean that you're above anyone or that you're even competent to teach.

well, while those explanations are well and good, the ego has its own agenda.

much of the influx of "new and improved" reiki (non)systems in the 90's was a result of tons of new-age people trying to create something that others will follow as a means of validating some need they had to be special. (most of them were men. most of the women were too busy trying to embrace compassion and use the art to help others.) there is power and importance attached to the idea of being a master, and ugliness became readily apparent in the 'reiki boom' of the 90's. people who hadn't read so much as one book, but who had gotten their 'reiki master' certificate from a weekend seminar, presumed themselves to be authorities on all things spiritual. and sadly, it still goes on.

i feel that the new age community high-jacked what could have become an enlightening spiritual practice with daily prayer, meditation, exercise, and genuine compassionate service to others.

but the energy transmission, if you can find yourself a gifted teacher (i was lucky to have had one find me), can change your life. sadly, the way reiki is taught in the states, the attunement is largely the end of the road as far as internal development goes, when it should be taught as the beginning.

The characters for Reiki in Chinese read; Ling Qi

Ling is part of the word for Ling Hun, meaning spirit, soul. Qi, we all know.

It can be translated as Spirit/Ghost/Soul Energy.

That means, its function is in communicating with spirits, ghosts, souls and utilizing their energy.

It is created karmic affinities with these beings which does not always result in good things for the cultivator and the one receiving "treatment".

Damnit, Lin Sifu! now i have to write another post!

<_<

japanese-to-chinese-to-english... i'm just sayin'.

but even that translation is a very vague one. it doesn't necessarily mean energy "borrowed from" a spirit/ghost/soul. it could be energy "of." besides, when mikao usui talked about it i personally believe that he was, himself, looking for a 'brand name' that could set it apart from qigong as something superior and more mysterious.

I met many Reiki practitioners who looked pale, dried and or had ill health, hands cold, no true wisdom, but covered it up with a forced active attitude. Some had fine health, but their connection with Ghosts and such was too heavy. The energy this system works with isn't all pure and enlightened, but it is universal... as is everything else.

mikao usui, the founder of reiki, died at age 62 of a stroke complicated by illnesses he had cured a many times previous. lots of reiki practitioners are of ill health, and lots of them die young. but i can't make that jump with you to it being the result of interacting with spirits.

i think it's a very similar thing in qigong in that it's partly a matter of how the practitioner is relating to the world. they deplete themselves through unhealthy mindsets, like the paradigm of 'healer vs. healed.' they literally drain themselves into the person they're working on.

also, they poison themselves through unrefined lifestyle habits. when a person is immersed in magnitudes of perpetual energy flow, their karma is magnified. something like a negative attitude or motive can infuse this greater reservoir with toxicity that can be harmful to them as well as those they encounter.

this is another reason why i'm not a fan of reiki. too often it's taught that reiki can never cause harm. i say that's bull. people who receive the attunements tend to be lazy about refining themselves so that they can be appropriate vessels of healing energy. i think this is what took mikao usui down.

the current head of the japanese reiki gakkai, the order that never left japan, is a woman. last i checked (years ago) she was nearing her 100th birthday.

One can reach states through Reiki, but it is not ultimate, and will lead to confusion.

absolutely. i totally agree.

Most Reiki people also disregard Qigong, saying that Reiki is more powerful. A big false statement right there.

again, i agree. and i think learning the principles and practices of qigong could mend most of the problems with reiki as it currently exists.

the key is in living one's art.

yeah, we REALLY should try to start these kinds of discussions earlier in the day.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

i need to go to bed, but i look forward to your reply.

Edited by Hundun

hehe

The name just translates to spirit energy. It can be good spirit energy, and it could be bad spirit energy.

If it was good spirit energy, then the practitioner would be somewhat cured from problems, lay in the cut without anyone noticing them, and do their healing deal...also...free :P

Bad spirit energy would be the practitioner being followed by ill minded ghosts and spirits, demons if you will, and would have ill health problems.

NOW many people do have health problems, but can heal others, I agree, BUT the reality of this is because it is Spirit Energy being utilized, it is coming directly from the spirit realms, ghost realms as well. That means those spirits or ghosts will be with the practitioner...because in Reiki, the practitioner is the "transmitter not the healer"...right? What is a transmitter but a TOOL.

They are tapping into another realm, other than their own mental capacities---so often labeled "higher realm/consciousness/intelligence--- and thus transmitting that energy to the patient...haha

They are channeling basically, gathering in another consciousness to do the work they themselves have no cultivation to do. The one coming in offering their "intelligence" to the situation isn't doing it for free. There is to be some sort of exchange. Unless these spirits are actually enlightened beings and will do it for "free" ( not looking for an exchange) then the practitioner is going to be needing to pay back for the services rendered.

That is just the way of the universe RELATIVELY...lol The universe is just a name for that which the Earth appears in. It is vast because our own mind can only understand so much, see so much, accept so much. THat is our limitation through conditioning.

In the west, the awareness of ghosts and spirits, demon interfering with our lives/mind is not everyday, common talk...lol But it is happening. And is a big discussion for future posts..hahaha

But on a serious note here, there is more influencing our minds than we put our minds to. Usui may have come up with a name for the method he put together, but that doesn't mean he was enlightened or even free to come and go as he pleases.

He reached a state and utilized the tools within that state for people to work with. It happens all the times when one is traversing the Astral realms. If one has the capacity to understand those realms, and the cultivation to understand the functions of the realm and tools, then no problem. Otherwise the cultivator may end up in a realm of demons--bad spirits and ghosts, and not know it. This would result in the cultivator going crazy, having major health problems, becoming an evil mind and influencing the environment around them, and or even committing suicide.

When one wants to commit suicide, its not them making the move 100%. There is something else behind them reciting a mantra basically..and it would go something like " Do it, kill yourself". It would be said over and over till the deed is done. Unless the cultivator has a strong will, and proper practice, they would be just a tool...like the pres. ;)

Here, if people benefit from it, with no imposed health problems, mental or emotional..on both sides, no problem.

One last thing, the person getting the healing also will have to deal with the karmic affinity of the channeled being. It wouldn't be a heavy debt though, but it is still something hanging over them for their future.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 1

I don't know about the chinese meaning, but in japanese rei means: the thing you respect, what you put on your altar. If you stay with simple hands on healing, it's very nice, and there are no problems with it. In the last 15 years there was no problem with it. The only ones experienced problems are those who couldn't relax into it, and came up with horrible ideas.

Good spirit, bad spirit, you guys seem to be very superstitious bums. I don't want to deny the existence of spirits, maybe reptilians, ufos, black magic, etc. But what does it have to do with us? I have to let in everything to have effect on me. If I'm full there is no outside force to harm me.

I came here to learn, and I found some nice fellows with some wisdom. But sometimes all this makes me wonder. Is here anyone know basic principles of our mind? What is the goal? How to deal with our emotions, believes, stiff ideas?

I don't know the ultimate answer, but I'm not a beginner, and I have a good bsh detector to know what is important, and what is not. The only problem with reiki is not acting upon right information. If you are open and willing to experiment, not belive in fear based ideas, you are on a right track.

And forget about instant salvation by some initiation! No reiki teachers, no Lama Dorjes, no one can do it for you! No ultimate formulas, no ways, no superior practices!

Just pure seeing who you are, maybe by recognizing who you are not. This can be shown by someone, but it's you who must see. And not by energies, not by mantras, not by anything that puts enlightenment into the future!

I don't know about the chinese meaning, but in japanese rei means: the thing you respect, what you put on your altar. If you stay with simple hands on healing, it's very nice, and there are no problems with it. In the last 15 years there was no problem with it. The only ones experienced problems are those who couldn't relax into it, and came up with horrible ideas.

Good spirit, bad spirit, you guys seem to be very superstitious bums. I don't want to deny the existence of spirits, maybe reptilians, ufos, black magic, etc. But what does it have to do with us? I have to let in everything to have effect on me. If I'm full there is no outside force to harm me.

I came here to learn, and I found some nice fellows with some wisdom. But sometimes all this makes me wonder. Is here anyone know basic principles of our mind? What is the goal? How to deal with our emotions, believes, stiff ideas?

I don't know the ultimate answer, but I'm not a beginner, and I have a good bsh detector to know what is important, and what is not. The only problem with reiki is not acting upon right information. If you are open and willing to experiment, not believe in fear based ideas, you are on a right track.

And forget about instant salvation by some initiation! No reiki teachers, no Lama Dorjes, no one can do it for you! No ultimate formulas, no ways, no superior practices!

Just pure seeing who you are, maybe by recognizing who you are not. This can be shown by someone, but it's you who must see. And not by energies, not by mantras, not by anything that puts enlightenment into the future!

don't take this the wrong way, but this sounds like the attitude of "if i can't see it, then it's not there."

you're on a forum that, for the most part, was created for people who radically disagree with that.

i would challenge you to search the web for the definition of Rei, because in my 12 years of knowledge of reiki i've NEVER come across your definition.

reiki wasn't originally designed to be a mere tool for hands-on healing; it was designed to be a path of enlightenment via direct experience the divine. healing was a wonderful side-effect, so usui capitalized on that part of it to garner support.

philosophically i believe resistance is the source of all illness and suffering, so i agree mostly with the idea that problems come when people don't relax into it. but what exactly does "not acting upon right information" mean? you came here to learn (as i'm sure we all did), and we're sharing information. words like "superstition" can be a roadblock to thinking. there are many who dismiss all of reiki as mere superstition.

and surely in 15 years you've heard of reiki guides. the spirits that follow you and assist you when you work. this isn't a new concept. Lin Sifu is just offering another perspective that, while i'm still not in full agreement, i think is well-worth considering.

and the fact that usui sensei died at 62 is a point that shouldn't be lost on anyone who practices reiki. he was unhealthy. he was the progenitor of the reiki lineage, and he was unhealthy. i still contend that it was a result of unrefined lifestyle habits & thought patterns that become magnefied by the induction of energy. but there's no reason that Lin Sifu's perspective can't also be happening at the same time, just on a more subtle level.

nourishing food (reiki) being served in a dirty garbage can (the unrefined practitioner) can be bad for one's health. i don't think that's fear mongering. most reiki practitioners are lazy, and their negative & toxic vibrations can taint the otherwise healing energy. good results can happen anyway, because it's a cooperative transaction, plus the affinities of the patient come into play.

there is still a lot for all of us to learn.

I am not advocating here just passing on an interesting link that I saw in one of the buddhist mags out there, an ad in shambhala sun.

http://www.ninieways.org

http://nineways.tripod.com/ancienttibetanhealing/

there is some truth there. what was rediscovered and became known as reiki DID have its origins in Tibet. but the "wandering tibetan priests" teaching secrets to random 'special' people in the form of reiki was still bogus.

$2,500 retreat to learn the most authentic reiki from a high lama!

does that mean it heals any better?

"Let's buy ourselves some culture!"

this isn't directed at you, tumoessence; you already said you're not advocating anything. just food for thought for everyone reading.

don't take this the wrong way, but this sounds like the attitude of "if i can't see it, then it's not there."

I

I

V

i would challenge you to search the web for the definition of Rei, because in my 12 years of knowledge of reiki i've NEVER come across your definition.

????

BTW Look for the book Sword and Brush for exact explanation on Japanese words, like KI or REI, for example

reiki wasn't originally designed to be a mere tool for hands-on healing; it was designed to be a path of enlightenment via direct experience the divine. healing was a wonderful side-effect, so usui capitalized on that part of it to garner support.

And where did you get this info? Again, that's what you heard, but we also heard strories of Usui beeing Christian, that reiki is from atlantis, etc

and the fact that usui sensei died at 62 is a point that shouldn't be lost on anyone who practices reiki. he was unhealthy. he was the progenitor of the reiki lineage, and he was unhealthy. i still contend that it was a result of unrefined lifestyle habits & thought patterns that become magnefied by the induction of energy.

What happened with H.H. the 16th Karmapa? And Ramana Maharishi? And Papaji? Jesus must had negative karma... Buddha was so unaware with his food, poor thing. Health and perfection fascism is not the way. If you can be healthy good for you!

I met some spirits, I am aware of unseen things, channeling, angels, etc. But it has nothing to do with reiki. And nothing to do with spiritual development. Misleading way in most cases. It can be valid way, but not all the way. Look for Abraham-Hicks, and their way of seeing the world, through a channeling perspective.

About reiki practitioners draining themselves: they don't do reiki, they give their own, out of bad intention.

Relax! Our fear is a magnet. Let it go!

All I know, that when I take care of my mind, it effects the energy, effects the world around me. It scares away ghosts! :lol:

I don't want to argue, you beleive what you want! It's just not the reiki, that I know about. And all the spirits, ufos, reptilians, angels, with body or not, the have nothing to do with me, or my way. And nor with yours, but if you want to believe it, go ahead. You can also believe that your neighbors are effecting your karma.

If it was not enough, why I used the word superstition, the way karma is used here, has nothing to do with the meaning: action. What Abraham_Hicks teaches, is karma at it's best.

If I do reiki with the intention of help, I get help. If I do it, because I am scared of illness, I feel pity: I get ill.

If I'm confused, scared, full of hate, I will draw such actions, people, "spirits". If I stop my war, the war stops everywhere.

About learning: it is not about spoken facts. As buddhists say: don't mistake the pointing finger with the moon, it points at.

I stop here, the whole thing doesn't worth it. BYe

And where did you get this info? Again, that's what you heard, but we also heard strories of Usui beeing Christian, that reiki is from atlantis, etc

i guess i'm a little confused. your post strikes me as really reactionary, like you ARE trying to argue rather than trying to understand other ways of knowing. if i offended you in some way, then i'm sorry.

i haven't read up on this stuff in a long time, but plenty of real research has been done on usui sensei and the gakkai in japan. but i won't bother trying to make any points.

but your "health and perfection fascism" point really missed the message that i was trying to convey. you're obviously not interested in another possibility, so again i won't bother.

if anyone else didn't quite get my meaning, i'll be happy to clarify.

http://nineways.tripod.com/ancienttibetanhealing/

there is some truth there. what was rediscovered and became known as reiki DID have its origins in Tibet. but the "wandering tibetan priests" teaching secrets to random 'special' people in the form of reiki was still bogus.

$2,500 retreat to learn the most authentic reiki from a high lama!

does that mean it heals any better?

"Let's buy ourselves some culture!"

this isn't directed at you, tumoessence; you already said you're not advocating anything. just food for thought for everyone reading.

Hundun,

Its probably a fundraiser for the monks at Menri monastery.

Hundun,

Its probably a fundraiser for the monks at Menri monastery.

yeah, i agree.

it just seemed kind of daunting at the time to write out everything i was thinking when i read the page.

but in a nutshell i was thinking:

how must they view us here in the west? and how sad is it that they're right, for the most part?