Yasjua

Strange Recurring Pattern

Issue resolved. I appreciate the simple act of attention others gave this thread; the light of your eyes gave new perspective to the situation.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 1

Young man, you are killing yourself with over-thinking.   Trust my words, as I have lived with many different room mates in my young years. All you need  is a  easy-going,  understanding/empathetic, clean (both inside and outside),  same-sex  person(s)   to share the rent.   Anything  more  or different would be unnecessary complication added to your spiritual path and development. At the same time, i should also mention that it is important to surround yourself with positive energy and avoid  negative energy.

• Like 2

I read your original post, Yasjua, and I think seekingbuddha gave you some exceptionally good advice. I am very glad that it struck a chord with you, and I wish someone had been so straightforward with me 30-some-odd years ago. Would have simplified things...

• Like 1

I dislike making posts about the vulnerabilities and problems of my personal life but doing so here seems to lead to solutions, so here it goes.

I relate to your feelings. I'm much the same. And it's good to read something so real, so heart-felt. I have a term I use for my approach to such situations. I call it 'Emotional Yoga'. I just try to relax and allow the discomfort. Try to allow the feeling without aversion or blocking. Just let it flow as an energy.  Sometimes I gain insight, other times it just shifts on an energy level so that the intense discomfort dissipates.

It can feel pretty bad, but I think of it like an uncomfortable new yoga asana that I'm trying to ease my way into. It's about working to transform real-life difficulties into something positive, and for me nothing is more important than working through emotional stuff. Of course, it's more like two steps forward and one back than any final resolution. 

• Like 2

You fear what you really want (a real relationship). So, you seek a safer alternative in the "next best thing" - a platonic roomie... But as that becomes more like a real relationship in your mind, you increasingly fear it...and thus subconsciously cackblock it from yourself.

Edited by gendao

I missed the first post so this is just a side comment...

We need a certain amount of privacy and personal positive-like energy of our friends support, but as long as we are beings the negative-like energy will also have to be continually dealt with since the further one is on the 'path' the greater the negativity challenge one will come up against, thus turning or transforming negative-like energy around supplies us with an almost unlimited number of great possibilities for the nitty-gritty and most powerful spiritual work there is!  (meaning almost anyone can sit off alone or in a sheltered environment with buddies, but the real test of meaningful sitting or meditation includes the ability to get up and walk through hell without a trace of fear or doubt and do what needs to be done per Spirit)

• Like 1