Sign in to follow this  
Tibetan_Ice

Body Code

I feel that the "self" appears at the beginning of the video. The 90% that isn't "human".

This gets glossed over all the time. Those microbes rule everything, and have been the only real lifeform on this planet for billions of years. Human form is simply the most effecient vehicle they've developed to date to get them where they feel compelled to go. But they evolve and adapt and drop less efficient models over time, like little engineers in the auto industry, always finding ways of getting more performance out of the basic design.

The video doesn't mention that every cell with a nucleus can store about 30Mb of data. Every cell. Thirty megabytes. Every living cell on this planet. It's one unbroken stream of information, and history. Everything that's ever happened on this planet is stored in there, organically. It's such an awesome realisation that I just don't have the vocabulary to describe it.

• Like 5

Those microbes rule everything, and have been the only real lifeform on this planet for billions of years. Human form is simply the most effecient vehicle they've developed to date to get them where they feel compelled to go. But they evolve and adapt and drop less efficient models over time, like little engineers in the auto industry, always finding ways of getting more performance out of the basic design.

The video doesn't mention that every cell with a nucleus can store about 30Mb of data. Every cell. Thirty megabytes. Every living cell on this planet. It's one unbroken stream of information, and history. Everything that's ever happened on this planet is stored in there, organically. It's such an awesome realisation that I just don't have the vocabulary to describe it.

Midi-chlorians?

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

Where is the self in all of this?

It may be easier if we start with a nice "gedanken" experiment, for which I hope people will be both thoughtful and thankful.

Imagine a computer running a program.  Imagine that someone doubts the existence of this strange, insubstantial thing called "program" and set up a device that manages in some unspecified way to map onto a display of lights the states of all of the binary bits in the computer, as lights on for ones and lights off for zero.  How by the observation of these blinking lights, seemingly so random and disordered, could one ever even imagine the existence of a program that is the cause of their going on and off, much less demonstrate the existence of such a program?  Yet a program can run the computer can't it?

Everything in this video, is like those lights, looking at them one cannot "see" a "self" running them anymore than one can see a program in the lights of the display mentioned above.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, the self is greater then the sum of aggregates in the void.

• Like 1

Where is the self in all of this?

I like this videao, thanks for posting!

from a different perspective:

some women are aware of conception taking place.

They can tell you that at the moment of conception spirit is present. That means or suggests that Self is present from the first moment. When self enters the picture?...i would say after birth, but these are just my guesses.

spirit ( Self) lives in a body, for a while. In that entity self arises, imho only after interaction with surrounding takes place.

I feel that the "self" appears at the beginning of the video. The 90% that isn't "human".

This gets glossed over all the time. Those microbes rule everything, and have been the only real lifeform on this planet for billions of years. Human form is simply the most effecient vehicle they've developed to date to get them where they feel compelled to go. But they evolve and adapt and drop less efficient models over time, like little engineers in the auto industry, always finding ways of getting more performance out of the basic design.

Love your recent posts on this. True on many scales.

There's lots of evidence for it. It's thought that cells and larger organisms developed out of cooperation between different smaller micro organisms, like the mitochondria in our own cells.

Different bacteria grow in the digestive system of different cultures, depending on diet. These bacteria have also been linked to behavioural/social disorders, as well as no doubt having a positive opposite.

I guess, we influence each other. I can invite certain bacteria to become part of me. In turn they influence my behaviour to a degree. (an uncertain degree)

So, what diet attracts the best combination of cooperative, beneficial bacteria?

Sign in to follow this