Sign in to follow this  
non local

Snowglobe

LMFAO

D00d...

You don't get to choose who may respond to your posts.

• Like 1

Hmnn, you think it annoys him

when people reply to his posts. 

Goth darn it,

hadn't thought of that. 

Still, the d00d needs advice.

badly, and that's what i'll give him.

maybe a new car is what you need.  It'd perk you up.  Perhaps a chevy.   something you can drive to a levy.

see I bet you're not feeling empty after reading that.  You're also getting attention, and who'da thunk that's what your after?

Edited by thelerner

You still keep doing the "..." thing.

"Trying to help me see the error of your sureness", I'm not sure where you're getting this "sureness" from.

No. "We" is important to you, the "we" I was/am speaking about was/is obviously in the context of the dialogue you've been engaging in- not some lofty dao/tao micro/macro thing- just a regular internet forum dialogue.

If I should appear to be anything to you, it should be tired of your commenting on my post, as I've already clearly stated.

Open my eyes to what? The narrative you recommend/life as you believe it is?

""Honestly, your attitude proves the point I was making. "I don't want to be friends with you, because you have a different opinion to me"...very enlightening.""

I believe my definition of friend/"buddy" differs greatly from yours.

I have no friends in life, and a passer by on an internet forum spouting an ideology I've already seen through would definitely not begin to qualify.

Besides the fact that I do not believe in friendship. I do not want to be your friend, because not only do I not know you well enough, you have made it clear that you have nothing to teach me.

When did I use the word enlightening or say anything about enlightenment.

"I don't want this to be some back and forth slapping contest. You're welcome to your own views and experience."

Stop commenting on my post then.

As if I wasn't already entitled to my own views/experience.

"Good luck finding whatever it is that you're looking for right now."

Stop commenting on my post.

.... :) Go on... unleash it all...

Note taken.

To an extent I think it's all that can be done. Language/alphabets being something like constellations, and each person to an extent "in their own universe", using those stars to communicate. Even though two people may look up at the same sky at night, they may see two very different things. 

Well, especially if I am down here looking at the South Celestial Pole and you are .... ...   non-local ....   :unsure:      ah!  that  makes more sense now !

But I mostly meant when people say 'you' ( as in 'you dont want this' or  'you do want that' as a tailer on a sentence  about something they do or dont want )  when  they mean 'me'   .

Language is fallen to me, so often it births confusion/things unintended

yes .... it does, sometimes ...   :wacko:

I speak as little as possible. I wish I didn't have to speak at all.

Is typing better ? 

To me words are like insufficient warped pieces of tupperware trying desperately to contain streams(expressions) of the infinite liquid intelligence above them, to no avail.

Well, that was pretty good !

I don't think nasa is literally covering up the planet being some sort of prison- or that it is being used as one by whomever, I think they are just keeping very important pieces of history/astronomy "under wraps" so to speak, inherently keeping the overwhelming majority of people "in the dark" about where they are and who they are(or at least what their potential is). By keeping people in the dark about it, they are "imprisoning" them in a way? I don't think this is the only kind of information being used against people to keep them more docile/complacent though.

What!  What's this ?   What astronomy ... I wanna know ? 

I think the cathars were cool.

Mhe ... who knows ?  I find their part in history interesting

You like hermetics and martial arts? I think that's cool.

Well ...  .... ......    B)

... ain't no aqua  monkey gonna get me neither ! 

Wp3Bhhj.gif

Hey you guys !  ...  I thought you took off ?

Or does 'ba-bye' and  'so long buddy' have some deeper' spiritual ' reference  ?  

deep-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

LMFAO

D00d...

You don't get to choose who may respond to your posts.

Hi Brian ... just thought I would respond to your post. 

It's as though the world and all the people around me turned to glass, everything seems so transparent and I don't see a reason, or feel a desire/passion to do much of anything at all- I don't see anything to achieve anymore. All goals that pop up once in a while are fleeting/dying constructs of the past. It's been this way for years now, although it's getting progressively worse with each passing month. The lines of demarcation between people are becoming less and less defined, their actions/words all very similar and transparent. I feel like my individuality is in a state of constant erosion, and that state is affecting my perception of/projection onto the world? Life no longer holds meaning for me personally, and that bothers me as the society I live in is very goal oriented and promotes this fierce sense of individuality within people- so I don't quite fit. I'm not having the "time of my life" or "beginning to settle into my career", as many say I should be at this age. I find life becoming more and more simple, though I feel less and less reason to try to "keep up". This causes my family grief and maybe friends of whom I no longer have contact. I tried living for them alone and it always comes to a point where I just collapse from the pressure and from having nothing of my own- no dream, dreams were very important to me, I had a few. (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

I have followed this discussion some, and it is not a pretty sight.  This isn't your fault and it doesn't strike me that you are getting good advice.  From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine, these are treatable symptoms of Kidney Yang deficiency and in particular sounds like called “Kidneys failing to receive Qi”, which has a strong mental/emotional component which Giovanni Maciocia describes as “listlessness” (Giovanni Maciocia, Foundations of Chinese Medicine, Churchill Livingstone,1991, p. 255), basically a mental/emotional indifference to well, life in general, which seems to be what you are describing.  If you want to do something about this, or at least examine that possibility that this emotional state is a deficiency, you might try this Chinese Herbal preparation has been known to have a good effect on moods characterized by a sense of meaninglessness and despair:

su-zi-jiang-qi-wan-expired-6.gif

If you are interested in trying them, one place you can purchase them is here:

Su Zi Jiang Qi Pian at MaxNature.com

at a reasonable price. If you live in the US, probably about $25.00 for two bottles, including shipping and any tax.

These pills are usually taken for things like coughs from asthma, but it is asthma from the deficiency syndrome I mentioned above, “Kidneys failing to receive Qi”, and thus they can effect the emotional state as well as coughs, etc..  They are not just "feel good" pills, they are not a euphoriant like  uppers,  they correct negative moods by rectifying the deficiency which is their cause.

There are some other TCM patterns that can contribute to emotional states such as you describe, but based on what you have posted this seems the most likely and these pills the easiest way to investigate the causes of this emotional pattern and do something about it.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Hi Brian ... just thought I would respond to your post.

How dare you!

<shakes_fist>

:D

I have followed this discussion some, and it is not a pretty sight.  This isn't your fault and it doesn't strike me that you are getting good advice.  From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine, these are treatable symptoms of Kidney Yang deficiency and in particular sounds like called “Kidneys failing to receive Qi”, which has a strong mental/emotional component which Giovanni Maciocia describes as “listlessness” (Giovanni Maciocia, Foundations of Chinese Medicine, Churchill Livingstone,1991, p. 255), basically a mental/emotional indifference to well, life in general, which seems to be what you are describing.  If you want to do something about this, or at least examine that possibility that this emotional state is a deficiency, you might try this Chinese Herbal preparation has been known to have a good effect on moods characterized by a sense of meaninglessness and despair:

su-zi-jiang-qi-wan-expired-6.gif

If you are interested in trying them, one place you can purchase them is here:

Su Zi Jiang Qi Pian at MaxNature.com

at a reasonable price. If you live in the US, probably about $25.00 for two bottles, including shipping and any tax.

These pills are usually taken for things like coughs from asthma, but it is asthma from the deficiency syndrome I mentioned above, “Kidneys failing to receive Qi”, and thus they can effect the emotional state as well as coughs, etc..  They are not just "feel good" pills, they are not a euphoriant like  uppers,  they correct negative moods by rectifying the deficiency which is their cause.

There are some other TCM patterns that can contribute to emotional states such as you describe, but based on what you have posted this seems the most likely and these pills the easiest way to investigate the causes of this emotional pattern and do something about it.

Good luck.

You come across as learned in this area/facet of internal cultivation.

I googled kidney yang deficiency and the a lot of the symptoms I found seem to match up well with my experience.

soreness of the knees

Social withdrawal

no thirst

Clear urine

Clear phlegm from sinuses or lungs

Emaciation/Poor appetite

Can't taste foods

a tendency to catch colds easily

impotence/infertility (idk- maintaining periods of several months of celibacy(physical/mental) is very easy to me)

Frequent urination 

etc etc etc etc

I've also found that my balding/thinning that started to become more noticeable over the past few years has to do with a weakness of the kidneys?

I thought this excerpt I came across was interesting,

"Herbs, drinks, and food that are Cold in nature or are served cold should be avoided along with raw fruits and vegetables, juices, and iced beverages. Detoxification herbs are very Cold and would further compromise the Yang of the body for someone who is already Yang Deficient."

Especially seeing as how I have raw fruits/vegetables for breakfast every day and oftentimes I blend them with a little ice, and though I only eat about two meals a day, lentils/raw vegetables-fruits make up the larger part of my diet.

Thank you for your response

You come across as learned in this area/facet of internal cultivation.

I googled kidney yang deficiency and the a lot of the symptoms I found seem to match up well with my experience.

soreness of the knees

Social withdrawal

no thirst

Clear urine

Clear phlegm from sinuses or lungs

Emaciation/Poor appetite

Can't taste foods

a tendency to catch colds easily

impotence/infertility (idk- maintaining periods of several months of celibacy(physical/mental) is very easy to me)

Frequent urination 

etc etc etc etc

I've also found that my balding/thinning that started to become more noticeable over the past few years has to do with a weakness of the kidneys?

I thought this excerpt I came across was interesting,

"Herbs, drinks, and food that are Cold in nature or are served cold should be avoided along with raw fruits and vegetables, juices, and iced beverages. Detoxification herbs are very Cold and would further compromise the Yang of the body for someone who is already Yang Deficient."

Especially seeing as how I have raw fruits/vegetables for breakfast every day and oftentimes I blend them with a little ice, and though I only eat about two meals a day, lentils/raw vegetables-fruits make up the larger part of my diet.

Thank you for your response

Thank you for your response: You're certainly welcome, especially since it looks like you will take my advice seriously.

Especially seeing as how I have raw fruits/vegetables for breakfast every day and oftentimes I blend them with a little ice, and though I only eat about two meals a day, lentils/raw vegetables-fruits make up the larger part of my diet.: A lot of what is taken for granted as "healthy" these days, is from the TCM perspective nonsense and harmful nonsense to boot.  As far as the use of the ice goes, this is one of the most harmful things Westerners, especially Americans do to themselves.  Interestingly, even the title of your thread "Snowglobe", was an indication to me of part of your problem.

You come across as learned in this area/facet of internal cultivation: This is an important aspect of self-cultivation and really one that cannot be neglected, since both modern Western medicine and diet are so unhealthy, especially the so called health foods!  If you would like to learn more about these things, this book:

Between Heaven and Earth Harriet Beinfield and Efrem Korngold

is an excellent place to start.  Its self-evaluation questionnaire is worth the price of the book, and it is a good introduction to all aspects of traditional Chinese medicine, including Chinese style health food cooking.

Again, Good luck.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this