Sign in to follow this  
non local

Snowglobe

It's as though the world and all the people around me turned to glass, everything seems so transparent and I don't see a reason, or feel a desire/passion to do much of anything at all- I don't see anything to achieve anymore. All goals that pop up once in a while are fleeting/dying constructs of the past. It's been this way for years now, although it's getting progressively worse with each passing month. The lines of demarcation between people are becoming less and less defined, their actions/words all very similar and transparent. I feel like my individuality is in a state of constant erosion, and that state is affecting my perception of/projection onto the world? Life no longer holds meaning for me personally, and that bothers me as the society I live in is very goal oriented and promotes this fierce sense of individuality within people- so I don't quite fit. I'm not having the "time of my life" or "beginning to settle into my career", as many say I should be at this age. I find life becoming more and more simple, though I feel less and less reason to try to "keep up". This causes my family grief and maybe friends of whom I no longer have contact. I tried living for them alone and it always comes to a point where I just collapse from the pressure and from having nothing of my own- no dream, dreams were very important to me, I had a few.

I've gone through periods of melancholy.  Everything blah.. not as bad as depression, but empty and aimless.  Thing is, it passes.  As Churchill once said 'When going through hell, keep going'. 

Don't burn bridges or make rash decisions when you're in a funk state.  Keep going, keep up your responsibilities, your friendships; at least go through the motions.  Life will throw something at you sooner or later and you'll snap out of it.  And occasionally snap back in.  It'll be faster if you keep going about every day life and not give in.  Force yourself to get out, take walks, meet people, learn something, go somewhere.  These things are kindling to get the fire back.

funny-memes-dont-worry-if-you-had-a-bad-

I don't care for "uplifting" sentiments in that vein.

People who feel better about their current situation in life once they find that someone else is "worse off" than they are

and expect you to feel the same way after illustrating to you how much more painful/miserable other people's lives are/have been compared to yours.

When it only serves to compound your suffering.

People who give advice based on an outline of their experience/current situation without taking yours into consideration. Rendering the "advice" they give, more of a self-righteous pick-me-up (wink in the mirror) for themselves and a false illusion of hope for you.

I've gone through periods of melancholy.  Everything blah.. not as bad as depression, but empty and aimless.  Thing is, it passes.  As Churchill once said 'When going through hell, keep going'. 

Don't burn bridges or make rash decisions when you're in a funk state.  Keep going, keep up your responsibilities, your friendships; at least go through the motions.  Life will throw something at you sooner or later and you'll snap out of it.  And occasionally snap back in.  It'll be faster if you keep going about every day life and not give in.  Force yourself to get out, take walks, meet people, learn something, go somewhere.  These things are kindling to get the fire back.

I don't think this is something that passes. I think this is closer to the true state of affairs here. It is a place far less polarized than depression. 

Life being meaningless and empty seems correct to me, as without one constantly placing their own egoistic fantasy/filter over the world around them, it would be fairly meaningless- everything- a sense of equanimity/indifference.

I don't have any friends. I have't "gone through the motions" in a very long time, because I don't like to lie to myself or others, especially for My benefit.

I think this is just what life is like when people respect the free will of others and don't try to forcefully impose whatever personal egoistic narratives birthed from passions/desires over the world/people surrounding them. Everything has this transparency to it. Nothing is "deep".

Yea, life will present some worldly opportunity/illusion for one to get wrapped up in, or to make all about themselves and that's the trap a lot of people see as "opportunity".

I don't think people "snap out of it", I think they just build a new/resuscitate an old illusion to live under/provide them the sense of comfort they want- they lie to themselves "fake it til they make it", and they begin to believe in that lie so much that it eclipses the "emptiness". Though the emptiness will surface time and time again, whenever their personal fantasy of life begins to weaken.

I've been here for years, what might be the words of some 20th century "public figure" do not move me.

Sounds like you may have tried to peek behind the curtain a little too soon.

You're yet to learn how to see the beauty and art within...and how to control the shifting polarities of situation (or perhaps you have forgotten). How to interact with the world and still know Dao, is vital.

If the bottom line is that all this is pointless..a hollow existence.. Why are we here at all?

You could argue that art is equally as pointless. But isn't it wonderful? Things sometimes don't require meaning to be enjoyed and considered sacred.

Edited by Silent Answers
  • Like 2

Sounds like you may have tried to peek behind the curtain a little too soon.

You're yet to learn how to see the beauty and art within...and how to control the shifting polarities of situation (or perhaps you have forgotten). How to interact with the world and still know Dao, is vital.

If the bottom line is that all this is pointless..a hollow existence.. Why are we here at all?

You could argue that art is equally as pointless. But isn't it wonderful? Things sometimes don't require meaning to be enjoyed and considered sacred.

Maybe, if things do not happen on time.

Maybe, what is the use?

**(I know it is not wise to assume, though) I'm assuming you mean to find/create a "happy" center within and reside there, becoming wholly indifferent to the surrounding world, so much so that you permanently impose a personal filter of vibrant colors/wonderfulness over the surrounding world-external stimuli no longer having bearing upon you?

I do not think that someone who is truly content or in a state of equilibrium will appreciate or create art.

I think polarities are dangerous.

Who you care to elaborate on what you mean by "control the shifting polarities of situation"?

I do not know why we are here, there are many theories. 

To enjoy something or to consider it sacred, you would most certainly have to have ascribed it some personal value/meaning 

non local: Why are you here?

To sit amongst spiritual elders, study their insights and have discourse, as it is not possible for me irl. 

Though moreso a feeling- a lack of stimulation/attention.

To cry, as the majority of people do day in and out under the guise of many a thing.

• Like 1

Maybe, if things do not happen on time.

Maybe, what is the use?

**(I know it is not wise to assume, though) I'm assuming you mean to find/create a "happy" center within and reside there, becoming wholly indifferent to the surrounding world, so much so that you permanently impose a personal filter of vibrant colors/wonderfulness over the surrounding world-external stimuli no longer having bearing upon you?

I do not think that someone who is truly content or in a state of equilibrium will appreciate or create art.

I think polarities are dangerous.

Who you care to elaborate on what you mean by "control the shifting polarities of situation"?

I do not know why we are here, there are many theories.

To enjoy something or to consider it sacred, you would most certainly have to have ascribed it some personal value/meaning

What you're describing sounds pretty cool..but I don't give it any of those restrictions of form. Just open your eyes and have a look at all the amazing things happening around you everyday.

Simply, we are the art, and the artist. We are but a stroke, and yet also the bigger picture. Dont block out stimuli, play with it...Don't strive to be that infinite emptiness.. that will surely come for you again. Instead, be, while you exist.

It's ok to admire in content. Just being content takes a level of admiration/satisfaction.

When I say changing polarities, it is all of the above.

Things may be personal, but personal to who is the question.

To sit amongst spiritual elders, study their insights and have discourse, as it is not possible for me irl. 

Though moreso a feeling- a lack of stimulation/attention.

To cry, as the majority of people do day in and out under the guise of many a thing.

Alright, well, thank you for the honest answer.

What you're describing sounds pretty cool..but I don't give it any of those restrictions of form. Just open your eyes and have a look at all the amazing things happening around you everyday.

Simply, we are the art, and the artist. We are but a stroke, and yet also the bigger picture. Dont block out stimuli, play with it...Don't strive to be that infinite emptiness.. that will surely come for you again. Instead, be, while you exist.

It's ok to admire in content. Just being content takes a level of admiration/satisfaction.

When I say changing polarities, it is all of the above.

Things may be personal, but personal to who is the question.

It was only my assumption of what you were originally implying, hence the disclaimer I added- it was not a literal statement

I do not think it is pretty cool. I think it is a dissociative state/a forced neurosis of sorts, a madness birthed out of trying to polarize ones surroundings, to an absolute level, as well as themselves (especially in a positive light-"positive")

"Everything is wonderful, from a mother looking upon her newborn for the first time, to the slaughter of the innocent in this country and abroad--everything is wonderful."

"I am a good person. I always do the right thing and know what is good for others. I only spread love and positivity."

-it was a mindset I came into contact with years ago when I first began to "search" and came across a group of peers who were into "new age" teachings.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes" - Obi Wan 

[the hypocrisy and similarities of "polarized" ideals/efforts/etc]

"Play with" stimuli, do you think of life as a game?

I don't block out stimuli around me near to the point you seem to be suggesting, if I did I wouldn't be such a cry baby.

I don't strive to be much at all, let alone an "infinite emptiness"- I don't think such an "emptiness" exists.

I already am me. As is everyone. Telling a being to "be" is a bit redundant in my opinion.

and, While I exist? I think our views of what qualifies/what is existence, differs.

"Things may be personal, but personal to who is the question", yea this along with a few other things you said definitely have the pretentious air of "new age" to them, also your forum avatar. 

I see you talk about control a lot.

I don't care for anything else you may have to add, you use the "..." thing often in your written speech and I personally have found people who do that to be very indirect/manipulative.

Bye

last thought,

join a Goth group.

ba bye.

except this:

Edited by thelerner

I don't care for "uplifting" sentiments in that vein.

Then you will not gain the benefit of that meditation.   I got it from working in the refugee relocation programme with people, some of whom were torture victims,  and had lost their homes, village, country and  some family members.  It put my 'psychological suffering' into perspective.  Perhaps you could try some volunteer work like that ?

People who feel better about their current situation in life once they find that someone else is "worse off" than they are

and expect you to feel the same way after illustrating to you how much more painful/miserable other people's lives are/have been compared to yours.

When it only serves to compound your suffering.

Confusing ... as it never served to compound my suffering at all.    Do you mean it compounds  your  suffering ? 

People who give advice based on an outline of their experience/current situation without taking yours into consideration.

Ummmm ...     theirs .... yours ....  ?    I guess that means you do not like people giving advice to you based on their situation and not your own situation. ?   I have been in your situation  ( well, as much as I could tell from your post. If you dont further outline it to show it is nothing like my situation ... how could I tell ? ) .... if you mean  without taking my situation into account .... meh .... happens all the time. 

Rendering the "advice" they give, more of a self-righteous pick-me-up (wink in the mirror) for themselves and a false illusion of hope for you.

My 'false illusion of hope'  ...   ?    :unsure:

Ohhhh .... I see you had disillusion with the New Age ?     That could explain a bit.    Its not a hard thing to be disillusioned by.

The big question for you now though , is  ......

what now ?    Wallow within the snow globe   or ......     ? 

If you keep deconstructing things and seeing through the pointlessness of it all in the end you will have no place left to go except to wake up, so keep going, don't stop in the middle of the difficult bit. 

It was only my assumption of what you were originally implying, hence the disclaimer I added- it was not a literal statement

I do not think it is pretty cool. I think it is a dissociative state/a forced neurosis of sorts, a madness birthed out of trying to polarize ones surroundings, to an absolute level, as well as themselves (especially in a positive light-"positive")

"Everything is wonderful, from a mother looking upon her newborn for the first time, to the slaughter of the innocent in this country and abroad--everything is wonderful."

"I am a good person. I always do the right thing and know what is good for others. I only spread love and positivity."

-it was a mindset I came into contact with years ago when I first began to "search" and came across a group of peers who were into "new age" teachings.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes" - Obi Wan

[the hypocrisy and similarities of "polarized" ideals/efforts/etc]

"Play with" stimuli, do you think of life as a game?

I don't block out stimuli around me near to the point you seem to be suggesting, if I did I wouldn't be such a cry baby.

I don't strive to be much at all, let alone an "infinite emptiness"- I don't think such an "emptiness" exists.

I already am me. As is everyone. Telling a being to "be" is a bit redundant in my opinion.

and, While I exist? I think our views of what qualifies/what is existence, differs.

"Things may be personal, but personal to who is the question", yea this along with a few other things you said definitely have the pretentious air of "new age" to them, also your forum avatar.

I see you talk about control a lot.

I don't care for anything else you may have to add, you use the "..." thing often in your written speech and I personally have found people who do that to be very indirect/manipulative.

Bye

...and we're back to square one. Enjoy the gloomy shadow your ego has cast upon itself. So long, buddy. Edited by Silent Answers

last thought,

join a Goth group.

ba bye.

except this:

I do not affiliate myself with that label and all that that entails- especially clinging to a particular polarity/aesthetic, nor do I watch television.

Your comment renders your member title ironic.

Then you will not gain the benefit of that meditation.   I got it from working in the refugee relocation programme with people, some of whom were torture victims,  and had lost their homes, village, country and  some family members.  It put my 'psychological suffering' into perspective.  Perhaps you could try some volunteer work like that ?

Confusing ... as it never served to compound my suffering at all.    Do you mean it compounds  your  suffering ? 

Ummmm ...     theirs .... yours ....  ?    I guess that means you do not like people giving advice to you based on their situation and not your own situation. ?   I have been in your situation  ( well, as much as I could tell from your post. If you dont further outline it to show it is nothing like my situation ... how could I tell ? ) .... if you mean  without taking my situation into account .... meh .... happens all the time. 

My 'false illusion of hope'  ...   ?    :unsure:

Ohhhh .... I see you had disillusion with the New Age ?     That could explain a bit.    Its not a hard thing to be disillusioned by.

The big question for you now though , is  ......

what now ?    Wallow within the snow globe   or ......     ? 

I cannot tell if you genuinely are lacking in reading comprehension, or ifyou're engaging me in semantics, I think the latter

I met new agers years ago claiming they had knowledge of "a way", which they did though it was one that never felt at home to me, so I took it upon myself to gain an understanding of why they believe the things they do/the general new age mindset.

I am disillusioned with life.

I'm not wallowing as much as I'm not caring.

Snowglobe is a term I've attributed to planet earth.

As I believe earth and its "immediate surroundings" to be more of a snowglobe, than another planet in the middle of some infinite/expansive galaxy(galaxies).

A prison of sorts. I don't believe much nasa has to say about anything anymore.

If you keep deconstructing things and seeing through the pointlessness of it all in the end you will have no place left to go except to wake up, so keep going, don't stop in the middle of the difficult bit. 

How would you define waking up?

I cannot tell if you genuinely are lacking in reading comprehension, or ifyou're engaging me in semantics, I think the latter

yes, and an attempt to look at the projective language 'we all' use.  Have not you noticed how people change 'me'  into  'you' ?  

I met new agers years ago claiming they had knowledge of "a way", which they did though it was one that never felt at home to me, so I took it upon myself to gain an understanding of why they believe the things they do/the general new age mindset.

I am disillusioned with life.

I'm not wallowing as much as I'm not caring.

Snowglobe is a term I've attributed to planet earth.

As I believe earth and its "immediate surroundings" to be more of a snowglobe, than another planet in the middle of some infinite/expansive galaxy(galaxies).

A prison of sorts. I don't believe much nasa has to say about anything anymore.

So now, it is projected to the whole planet as  'prison' and the possibility of it being covered up by NASA (if one reads between your lines ... is that what you mean ? ) rather than the other possibility that it could actually be  a projection of your  own alienation   ? 

Edited by Nungali

...and we're back to square one. Enjoy the gloomy shadow your ego has cast upon itself. So long, buddy.

There is no we here, you entered my post with an air of condescension/pretension, and you heavy use of "...". 

Saying "we", suggests there was a mutual dialogue/conversation happening, when all you were trying to do is impose your own polarized beliefs and you expected me to greet you/your ideals with open arms.

Gloomy? Do the things I say make you sad? I don't care, I already stated I was uninterested in anything else you had to add.

Ah yes, the "ego", quite a construct to bring up during a volunteered dialogue on this forum. Do you suggest I dissolve it/kill it off, maybe bypass it completely? Maybe I should live from a place of non-ego? I don't care what you think. 

I am not your buddy, I am someone using this forum who posted a topic you decided to comment on.

yes, and an attempt to look at the projective language 'we all' use.  Have not you noticed how people change 'me'  into  'you' ?  

So now, it is projected to the whole planet as  'prison' and the possibility of it being covered up by NASA (if one reads between your lines ... is that what you mean ? ) rather than the other possibility that it could actually be  a projection of your  own alienation   ? 

Note taken.

To an extent I think it's all that can be done. Language/alphabets being something like constellations, and each person to an extent "in their own universe", using those stars to communicate. Even though two people may look up at the same sky at night, they may see two very different things. 

Language is fallen to me, so often it births confusion/things unintended

I speak as little as possible. I wish I didn't have to speak at all.

To me words are like insufficient warped pieces of tupperware trying desperately to contain streams(expressions) of the infinite liquid intelligence above them, to no avail.

I don't think nasa is literally covering up the planet being some sort of prison- or that it is being used as one by whomever, I think they are just keeping very important pieces of history/astronomy "under wraps" so to speak, inherently keeping the overwhelming majority of people "in the dark" about where they are and who they are(or at least what their potential is). By keeping people in the dark about it, they are "imprisoning" them in a way? I don't think this is the only kind of information being used against people to keep them more docile/complacent though.

I think the cathars were cool.

You like hermetics and martial arts? I think that's cool.

There is no we here, you entered my post with an air of condescension/pretension, and you heavy use of "...".

Saying "we", suggests there was a mutual dialogue/conversation happening, when all you were trying to do is impose your own polarized beliefs and you expected me to greet you/your ideals with open arms.

Gloomy? Do the things I say make you sad? I don't care, I already stated I was uninterested in anything else you had to add.

Ah yes, the "ego", quite a construct to bring up during a volunteered dialogue on this forum. Do you suggest I dissolve it/kill it off, maybe bypass it completely? Maybe I should live from a place of non-ego? I don't care what you think.

I am not your buddy, I am someone using this forum who posted a topic you decided to comment on.

I'm unsure where to begin.

Who couldn't resist blurting out their own one sided opinion on a DISCUSSION BOARD? It's not a game of: state your opinion and fend off any opposing forces.

My posts were never aiming to attack you, only trying to help you see the error of your sureness...not because I want to beat you, or make myself seem superior. It's because what you're experiencing is a common trap.

We? Yes... We as a specie, as life, as a grain of Dao. The "we" is very important.

Gloomy? Yes, you appear to be so.

As for ego, what I've suggested is none of the things you've listed. I've just reccommended you to open your eyes.

Honestly, your attitude proves the point I was making. "I don't want to be friends with you, because you have a different opinion to me"...very enlightening.

I don't want this to be some back and forth slapping contest. You're welcome to your own views and experience.

Good luck finding whatever it is that you're looking for right now.

I'm unsure where to begin.

Who couldn't resist blurting out their own one sided opinion on a DISCUSSION BOARD? It's not a game of: state your opinion and fend off any opposing forces.

My posts were never aiming to attack you, only trying to help you see the error of your sureness...not because I want to beat you, or make myself seem superior. It's because what you're experiencing is a common trap.

We? Yes... We as a specie, as life, as a grain of Dao. The "we" is very important.

Gloomy? Yes, you appear to be so.

As for ego, what I've suggested is none of the things you've listed. I've just reccommended you to open your eyes.

Honestly, your attitude proves the point I was making. "I don't want to be friends with you, because you have a different opinion to me"...very enlightening.

I don't want this to be some back and forth slapping contest. You're welcome to your own views and experience.

Good luck finding whatever it is that you're looking for right now.

You still keep doing the "..." thing.

"Trying to help me see the error of your sureness", I'm not sure where you're getting this "sureness" from.

No. "We" is important to you, the "we" I was/am speaking about was/is obviously in the context of the dialogue you've been engaging in- not some lofty dao/tao micro/macro thing- just a regular internet forum dialogue. 

If I should appear to be anything to you, it should be tired of your commenting on my post, as I've already clearly stated.

Open my eyes to what? The narrative you recommend/life as you believe it is?

""Honestly, your attitude proves the point I was making. "I don't want to be friends with you, because you have a different opinion to me"...very enlightening.""

I believe my definition of friend/"buddy" differs greatly from yours.

I have no friends in life, and a passer by on an internet forum spouting an ideology I've already seen through would definitely not begin to qualify.

Besides the fact that I do not believe in friendship. I do not want to be your friend, because not only do I not know you well enough, you have made it clear that you have nothing to teach me.

When did I use the word enlightening or say anything about enlightenment. 

"I don't want this to be some back and forth slapping contest. You're welcome to your own views and experience."

Stop commenting on my post then.

As if I wasn't already entitled to my own views/experience.

"Good luck finding whatever it is that you're looking for right now."

Stop commenting on my post.

Sign in to follow this