SonOfTheGods

Summer Solstice

Power day

Perfect for new beginnings, setting goals, etc

and

Father's day

and

Yoga day

Surely, there must be a connection to all of these :)

• Like 3

Power day

Perfect for new beginnings, setting goals, etc

and

Father's day

and

Yoga day

Surely, there must be a connection to all of these :)

yes ... they are all on my birthday   ....   ( How many laps do I have to do on this crazy wizzy thing before I can get off ? ) 

• Like 1

Thanksh mate ... yaknow  yer not too bad a bloke ...

yoush should have a bithshday little drinks   wiv us to get the sheemem in the gravs  blarkk kkk

drunk-guy.jpeg

yep its pretty warm .... I heard you guys do not start winter ... I mean your summer until the solstice ?  What's with that ?  Ours has been going 21 days before we have the solstice. 

yep its pretty warm .... I heard you guys do not start winter ... I mean your summer until the solstice ?  What's with that ?  Ours has been going 21 days before we have the solstice. 

Yeah, it's all screwed up, really.  I have been in summer for two months now.  But the calendar indicates that yesterday was the first day of summer.

Another one of the Gregorian Calendar mess-ups.

So, how did you detect Summer started there  ? 

When Spring is finished.  Some years I don't even get a Spring - it just moves from Winter to Summer.

I generally call it Summer when the temperature get over 90 degrees F during the day for a couple days in a row.

When Spring is finished.  Some years I don't even get a Spring - it just moves from Winter to Summer.

I generally call it Summer when the temperature get over 90 degrees F during the day for a couple days in a row.

Same here - straight from winter into summer sometime in May.

• Like 1

summer here seems to have stopped...it's cold and wet and rainy...brrrr

I've been stoking a fire the last days, livingroom is just damp and too cold...

but for me the summer solstice was never start of summer, it was part of the bigger rhythm of nature. And i felt it mostly in my vegetable plot ( which is now, sadly,  history).

Plants tending to shoot out in flowers if sown at the wrong time, some flowers being part of after solstice. In general a tendence in nature for the developing of fruits and seeds instead of leaves and roots.

( also a type of nasty little biting fly giving up for the year btw, and often the real start of wasps, which i'm afraid of because i get enormous painful swellings when they sting me))

For me summer starts the first day i  can wear a short skirt  :D

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 1

For me summer starts the first day i  can wear a short skirt  :D

Hey don't encourage Marblehead he'll get spring fever.

• Like 2

you didnt feel it?

Look, I know I am pretty good ... but no I cannot feel summer start in the various locations and times of the northern hemisphere.

Its tricky here too, many plants flower and get a boost of growth in winter here. There are about 3 native semi-deciduous trees. A bit further north there are 6 seasons.  Some times there are a few glorious weeks in spring , around firefly time when the weather, temperature, water temperature, lack of bugs is perfect ... some years ... straight to summer.

Then there is the wet season which may not come at all, or flood one in for a week.  Usually some time around when a season is supposed to start, there is a flush of warm or cold, a type of 'sampler' of the season to come, then it goes back to the weather it was, and then in a few weeks the new season starts. 

I have heard some Aboriginal elders up north say, however, that some of their traditional seasonal indicators have gone a bit wacky  ( that is, they use nature, to tell the season ) eg. normally if 'that' tree flowers you can go to ... and catch ...  fish at ....  Now the tree is flowering but if you go to ..... the fish won't be there - too early.  - Just some indicators, not all of them. Since they have used these for a long time and understand variations, I am seeing it as evidence of climate change.

Oh yeah .... we are starting to get tropical fish in Sydney Harbour  :blink:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/exotic-tropical-fish-arrive-in-sydney-harbour-from-great-barrier-reef/story-fni0cx12-1227172636923

Edited by Nungali

Hey don't encourage Marblehead he'll get spring fever.

Its so warm today ..... I may well just wear my mankini   .... I have heard Marbles likes those ...

I wonder if he would like to see a pic of me in it ? 

Its so warm today ..... I may well just wear my mankini   .... I have heard Marbles likes those ...

I wonder if he would like to see a pic of me in it ? 

You have for sure heard incorrectly.  No, I wouldn't like to see a pic of you or anyone other guy in it.  However, a woman wearing it and only it would be fine.

• Like 1

... and only it ....     :D

Had a friend that used to 'go off a bit', then she would spend some time in the local psyche unit. Mate used to bail her out. She moved to the little town in the next valley south, Mate went to check up on her.  he sees a group of Aboriginal men in the street and asks if they knew of her. "Oh yeah!  We remember her, our women ran her out of town."

"Why?"

'She used to wash her car in the street with make up and high heels on."

"What's wrong with hat ?"

ONLY  make up and high heels ... we didnt mind, but our women didnt like us watching, so they grabbed her, dumped her in a wheelie bin and pushed it down the hill ."

:D     ( oh dear! I should not  laugh .     ) 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

PS. Last I heard of her she got 'born again' married a minister of some evangelical church ... I wonder what church will think when she has her next ' nudie episode ' ?   (She had 3 in this town before she left ....   nothing like coming to a quiet little country town and being accosted by a gorgeous naked raving woman in the street .... waving a handgun   ( well, it was a 'replica'  - but that doesnt really help if you dont know that! ) ) 

• Like 2

PS. Last I heard of her she got 'born again' married a minister of some evangelical church ... I wonder what church will think when she has her next ' nudie episode ' ?   (She had 3 in this town before she left ....   nothing like coming to a quiet little country town and being accosted by a gorgeous naked raving woman in the street .... waving a handgun   ( well, it was a 'replica'  - but that doesnt really help if you dont know that! ) ) 

Its so dull where you live, doesn't anything unusual ever happen?

• Like 1

Its so dull where you live, doesn't anything unusual ever happen?

Nah ...   except my 25 yo ( fiery Latino ) GF was sitting on a seat in the main street and along came above woman in a tutu, smooches me  and then bent over and stuck her arse right on GFs  face...    no, I really  should not laugh  !   

a.baa-two-cats-fighting-in-the-air.jpg

Laughing-2.gif

But I am quiet nowadays .... I really am  ..... well, except for the explosives and flares in the front paddock the other night .... 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1