Sign in to follow this  
宁

Journey to the West

Hello all... Did anyone read the book, what are you comments on the movie, did you find valuable advice inspiration information... :)

Hello all... Did anyone read the book, what are you comments on the movie, did you find valuable advice inspiration information... :)

i read a translation by Jenner some years back. At times it was quite lenghty and I had to commit myself to read on, but overall it was very entertaining and interesting... the story itself, and also often I thought you could read it almost as some gnostic text because there are so many principles and techniques of taoist and buddhist cultivation in there, but mostly as hidden subtext and metaphors spread in different layers; most of these I probably didn't catch, I think an inquiring mind like yours would enjoy it!!

What movie are you refering to?

Hello, as yourself, I found rather unexpected principles inside it.

I wonder if Wu Cheng-en was a practicioner.

His story is that he was born a poor man and he died a poor man.

Nevertheless, he seem to have been a brilliant mind.

I was referring to the movie: Journey to the West, or The monkey king... I heard of them, but I didnt get to watch them, so... :)

Taoists attribute to Chang-chun the core of the work known as Journey to the West, a symbolic story encapsulating Taoist, Buddhist, and Confucian teachings. Journey to the West was popularized in drama during the Yuan dynasty (1277-1367) and elaborated during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) into one of the most famous and most popular novels of Chinese literature. Comments on the interior significance of Journey to the West, written by Liu- I-ming, an eleventh-generation master of the Dragon Gate sect, can be found translated into English in Vitality, Energy, Spirit

Sign in to follow this