Bindi

Why is yin/yang expressed at the moment of creation?

I’m trying to understand the process that creates the division of yin/yang on the earth plane, and secondarily the process that can unite yin/yang whilst still on the earth plane. I'm thinking something along the lines of this quote below, I wonder what others think?

There is a subtle nature or Prakriti inherent within Infinite Consciousness. It is like fire and its power to burn, you can't have one without the other. The seed of creation or origination lies within this subtle Prakriti aspect of the Eternal Tao or Father aspect. When it is expressed, at the moment of creation, the polarity of positive and negative, masculine and feminine springs into play. That is the yin and yang. They are resolved in oneness in the unmanifest absolute, but become polar opposites at the moment of creation. They will never be resolved or harmonized in creation or in oneself until you return to the Father or Eternal Tao beyond vibratory manifestation. It is the same thing as achieving Nirvana and what Jesus meant when he said "I go unto my Father".

The infinite expansion of the Universe.

This is infinite expansion of One.

When this expansion meets itself, there appears to be Two.

This is the beginning of the Manifested Universe.

We ourselves come from Infinity.

We became polarized into pure vibration - energy, waves.

These waves became pre-atomic phenomena and plasma.

These became solid elements.

From this realm of elements the Vegetal arose.

From the Vegetal, Animals (and human) arose.

All of this differentiation of One is our Memory.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

I’m trying to understand the process that creates the division of yin/yang on the earth plane...

Why only on the earth plane?

Yin and yang are eternal, they both exist in the mind but the mind also needs that polarity in order to exist in Samsara. Like the traveller (mind) and his clothing (yin and yang + 5 elements) or astronaut suit if you like the sci-fi analogy.

There is also yang in other planes but it is lot more refined and subtle (very gross in the hell realms, sublime in the gods' plane).

• Like 1

I’m trying to understand the process that creates the division of yin/yang on the earth plane, and secondarily the process that can unite yin/yang whilst still on the earth plane. I'm thinking something along the lines of this quote below, I wonder what others think?

If you read the nAsadIya sUkta in the Rg Veda, it is very clearly an explanation of the creation process. 

I wrote this a few years back -- http://www.medhajournal.com/index.php/en/articles/philosophy/345-nasadiya

• Like 1

Why only on the earth plane?

Yin and yang are eternal, they both exist in the mind but the mind also needs that polarity in order to exist in Samsara. Like the traveller (mind) and his clothing (yin and yang + 5 elements) or astronaut suit if you like the sci-fi analogy.

There is also yang in other planes but it is lot more refined and subtle (very gross in the hell realms, sublime in the gods' plane).

I'd just not come across the concept of yin/yang beyond the earth plane, but I'm interested in the idea that this division does also exist on other planes. Is this concept your personal experience?

Re:

-----

"What do you mean when you say "vibration"?"

-----

Polarity - Yin-Yang. Up and Down. Inner and Outer, etc.

Polarization is vibration, because YinYang is never static.

-----

"Also, do you allude that there is no vibration to the Tao or the One?"

-----

Exactly - due to the above.

One is not polarized. There is no wave, no period, nothing to wave back-and-forth to or from.

All phenomena are arising from Equilibrium (the One) via polarization, then will return to Equilibrium when those polarizations resolve.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

In the daoist tradition... I have researched this for many years but I find this is one ancient daoist answer, or two:

The Han Book of Divination and it's Great Stages which it takes from Liezi... 

There are six "Great" stages:

Great Beginning (太始) - One as singularity in non-existence   "This is Numbered One"

Great Supreme (太極) - One undifferentiated [energy] but ready to split

Great Change (太易) - The split [of energy] occurs.   "This is Numbered Two"

Great Materialization (太素) - Transformation complete; spirits and life arises.  "This is Numbered Three"

Great Origin (太初) - Heaven and Earth arise.   "This is Numbered Four".

Great Antiquity (太古) - Life forms consider this their beginning

The Huainanzi:

Prior to the Opening of the Universe

and pouring down of all life forms
This is called the Primal Illumination.

Dao

Dao awoke out of this boundless void.

ONE

The boundless void gave rise to the cosmos;

The cosmos gave rise to [Primal] Qi.

[Primal] Qi spread as a shoreline.

TWO

That which was clear and bright formed into Heaven;
That which was heavy and impure formed into Earth.
It is easy for that which is clear and bright to uniformly gather [as the sky]
But difficult for the heavy and impure to solidify [as earth and matter].
Therefore Heaven was completed first, and Earth afterwards.
The coiling essences of Heaven and Earth formed into Yin Yang.
The uniformly gathering essences of Yin Yang gave rise to the four seasons.

THREE

The disseminating essences of the four seasons created the ten thousand things.

• Like 3

Everything in Daoism/Buddhism/etc is from the perspective of observation so if you're going down that path you have to base your understanding on what is observable. Awareness is the One. By observation you can experience that everything exists in awareness. You can do that right now. It's not difficult. If you're talking about other planes then you're also talking about created energy, and therefore it's just more yin/yang that exists in awareness. It can't be any different.

Re:

-----

"Infinity is a flawed concept. There HAS to be a starting point."

-----

Infinity = Zero.

That's "starting from scratch".

-VonKrankenhaus

Infinity is a flawed concept. There HAS to be a starting point.

Re:

-----

"Infinity is a flawed concept. There HAS to be a starting point."

-----

Infinity = Zero.

That's "starting from scratch".

-VonKrankenhaus

0 is indeed just another way of saying the infinitely small.

What is exactly in the middle between the infinitely small and the infinitely big is the number 1. Demonstration:

0 ... 1/6 1/5 1/4 1/3 1/2 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Infinity

At 1, manifestation occurs, due to the interaction of the infinitely small with the infinitely big.

The latter two are called Sulfur and Mercury in the alchemical terminology, with Salt as the third (central) principle (or 1, or manifestation).

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

I can add to the nonsense of Creation the Jewish mystic nonsense of Creation by a name of 42 letters

ב בר ברא בראש בראשי בראשית ב בר ברא א אל אלה אלהי אלהים

There HAS to be a starting point.

Why?

On the contrary. There cannot be a starting point.

When did it start? How? What was there before? And before that? And before that?

And when it ends? If there's a start, there must be an ending point. When does it end? Where does it all go? What comes after?

Even if the answer is "nothing"..well, that's still a something, because everything turned into it.

• Like 1

Why?

On the contrary. There cannot be a starting point.

When did it start? How? What was there before? And before that? And before that?

And when it ends? If there's a start, there must be an ending point. When does it end? Where does it all go? What comes after?

Even if the answer is "nothing"..well, that's still a something, because everything turned into it.

Ahh. The infinite regress. Another flawed concept. An intelligence, beyond the laws of our known physics, I believe is responsible for Creation.

No.. not an infinite regress. Eternity. No beginning, no ending.

We don't start the discussion by asking "Where did it all come from?" or "How did it begin?" because we do then end up with an 'infinite regress'. Because those questions are meaningless. We might as well ask "What colour is it?"

Where did it come from? It "came from" itself. 自然 ziran, self-so. How did it begin? It just is. (Whatever "it" is).

The idea of an intelligent creator isn't much different than saying "It just is." How would the intelligence explain creation? "Well... I just did it."

• Like 2

I'd just not come across the concept of yin/yang beyond the earth plane, but I'm interested in the idea that this division does also exist on other planes. Is this concept your personal experience?

Yes indeed, based on meditation. Numerous times I have seen the hell, earthly (nature spirits, ghosts) and heaven realms.

They are all contained in Samsara (yin and yang), outside Samsara the polarity no longer exists, there is no more 'gravitational' (not the one that operates in a physical level, its a karmic sucking force) pull.

• Like 1

No.. not an infinite regress. Eternity. No beginning, no ending.

We don't start the discussion by asking "Where did it all come from?" or "How did it begin?" because we do then end up with an 'infinite regress'. Because those questions are meaningless. We might as well ask "What colour is it?"

Where did it come from? It "came from" itself. 自然 ziran, self-so. How did it begin? It just is. (Whatever "it" is).

The idea of an intelligent creator isn't much different than saying "It just is." How would the intelligence explain creation? "Well... I just did it."

When something is non-dual, it is necessarily non-phenomenal. If it is non-phenomenal, it cannot have had a beginning or have an end (because a phenomenon is something whose beginning and end can be observed). It is eternal because time doesn't have a meaning in it's context. It is everything because it is space doesn't exist when we countenance IT. So IT didn't create so much as the "creation" is really an appearance (and thereby unreal). 

• Like 2

Re:

-----

"What do you mean when you say "vibration"?"

-----

Polarity - Yin-Yang. Up and Down. Inner and Outer, etc.

Polarization is vibration, because YinYang is never static.

-----

"Also, do you allude that there is no vibration to the Tao or the One?"

-----

Exactly - due to the above.

One is not polarized. There is no wave, no period, nothing to wave back-and-forth to or from.

All phenomena are arising from Equilibrium (the One) via polarization, then will return to Equilibrium when those polarizations resolve.

-VonKrankenhaus

In my personal experience, approaching "the One" involves a marked increase in vibration, both in frequency and intensity. I cannot honestly speak about a state of pure non-duality "within the One" itself as I lack sufficient personal experience to be able to express "it" but I suspect the terminology breaks down.

hermetica and corpus hermeticum says god is male and female (yin yang) and created universe

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"From a chi viewpoint, if we understand the word vibration to mean subtle chi, there is there is still vibration to the One, and still vibration to the Tao. Extremely fine vibration, but it is able to be experienced."

-----

How can there be vibration from One?

Vibration requires polarity, and One is not polarized, not dual.

YinYang is vibration and change.

One is changeless, vibrationless, and timeless.

That means no period of a wave, and no amplitude. No time, and no space.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Re:

------

"In my personal experience, approaching "the One" involves a marked increase in vibration, both in frequency and intensity."

-----

Yes.

To the point where this vibration becomes so fine that it resolves polarity and there is One.

Time and Space disappear at that point.

The Period and Amplitude of the wave become Infinite, or Zero.

This is "beyond" (or "everywhere") the Manifested Universe.

-VonKrankenhaus

The OP has a great question and the answer really eludes people. I pondered this for years.

The mind-control is very deep in the West due to symmetric logic tied to number.

Yin and yang are complementary opposites and translated to number that means 1 plus 1 does not equal 2.

Why is there an original division of yin and yang?

The mind can not answer this question but in terms of number - in the West we try to define number as a visual measurement and so we can not understand why yin and yang would divide in the first place because the visual Tai Chi is a static image.

So in the West when we translate number to vision we assign a phonetic symbol to that visual measurement and so this creates for example the commutative principle, A x B = B x A. But with yin-yang dynamics this also is not true.

So we can discover this secret in music theory because we listen to sound but in the West we define sound by visual measurement.

So in Taoist yang is 2/3 or 3/2 while yin is 3/4 or 4/3 - the Perfect Fifth is yang and the Perfect Fourth is yin.

The key principle here is that in one direction as 2/3 the visual geometry is a different measurement and so not commutative - 2/3 is a subharmonic vibration as C to F while 3/2 is a overtone harmonic as C to G.

In other words the number 3 has the visual geometry value as F going in one direction and G going in another direction. That is the inherent complementary opposites of yin and yang but it gets covered up in the West.

A way to think about this - is for a sound to have an origin visually then it is based on the doubling of octaves and so we then use a symmetric doubling of number and this gets violated with complementary opposites of yin and yang.

So with the overtone harmonics - 3/2 as C to G is the first overtone as the perfect fifth with 1/2 as the octave or 2/1 as the subharmonic octave. But keep in mind the divisor has to be a doubling of the "one" - and so 4/3 can not be a overtone harmonic as the Perfect Fourth - even though 4/3 equals the perfect fourth. Again 3 can not be the divisor of the doubling of the octaves since 2 does not divide into 3.

So to get 4/3 as the Perfect Fourth - in reality it is the inverse of C to G as 3/2  as a Perfect Fifth complementary opposite. Anyone who plays a music instrument knows that G to C is also a Perfect Fourth and so has a 4/3 value. But in the West this is switched around so that 2/3 as the subharmonic C to F is not inverted as the complementary opposite - but rather is doubled as a symmetric measurement - so that 4/3 is also the value C to F but now as a harmonic.

In other words the Western mathematics violates the natural harmonic series because by enabling a 4/3 harmonic value of C to F you go against the original source of C as 1 - the point of origin of the sound through number.

If what I'm saying sounds trivial keep in mind that this same issue is also the real origin of irrational magnitude in Western mathematics - which originates from 3/2 squared as 9/4 which is then halved back into the octave as 9/8, the major 2nd interval and then 9/8 is cubed as the tritone or the square root of 2.

http://innersoundqigong.blogspot.com/2015/05/updating-devils-interval-and-deep.html

If what I am saying makes no sense to you - please read my blog links that gives all the details on this.

Several people in this thread have already given you numbers to explain to you why yin and yang divide.

Keep in mind none of these people have pointed out that Western mathematics relies on symmetric logic while yin and yang are through complementary opposites that are covered-up in Western math and this originates with Western music tuning covering up the inherent natural resonance of complementary opposites.

In other words because 2 does not divide evenly into 3 then it is impossible for there to be a visual materialistic origin of sound - it is physically, empirically impossible. But the West ignores that physical truth and instead creates a visual definition of sound based on irrational magnitude that inherently creates disharmony in the world.

This is why real Taoist study is so rare and the mind control is so deep.

This is also why the Tao Te Ching says everything in the universe is made after the number 3 - from that dynamic of the Tao and yin and yang as 1 and 2  and 3.

So Western science has rediscovered this secret as the quantum Law of Phase Harmony - my blog links go into this in more detail.

But basically you can LISTEN to the source of the Tao but you can not see it whereas the West defines number as visual measurement.

So in reality there is no origin - it is an eternal process of energy creation that we are already part of and by listening to it we resonate with it - and then the heart spontaneously emits an OHM sound which is the sound of this eternal energy - the whole frequency - time spectrum.

But keep in mind again that even the concept of frequency is defined by symmetric measurement - quantum physics rediscovered this secret as the time-frequency uncertainty principle or Fourier uncertainty. I go into the details in my blog.

All human cultures use the 1-4-5 music intervals and this is also the definition of yin-yang-Emptiness energy - but only the West corrupted that internal listening alchemical energy into an external visual symmetric measurement and so the secret was lost long ago.

• Like 1