LeeLaw

Hello there! New to The Way, I feel that I've really found my path

But then, I suppose that's probably the big idea!

I'm 18, I've had a vague interest in various eastern philosophies for years but never studied them extensively, then I tried going to a few Taiji classes (at the insistence of my mother) and the rest is history. I immediately got hooked on learning as much as I could about the Internal Arts and Daoism, which really called to me and stood out from every faith/religion/philosophy I've come across. I had sort of given up on finding some group which I really identified with, well "given up" isn't the best way to put it. I didn't really mind, I simply couldn't find something that 100% fit, I liked parts of Buddhism, and little bits of various other philosophies, but never felt like calling myself a Buddhist or anything else. Then BAM, I happen into a Taiji class and am introduced to Daoism which basically lined up perfectly with everything that I believe in.

I'm really excited that I found this Forum. I'll probably just be lurking around reading all the posts, recommended books and Daoist texts for a while before I chime in with some of my own stuff. I feel I need to know more than I do right now in order to ask effective questions of all you people who have so much more experience than me!

Edited by LeeLaw
  • Like 5

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member. You will find threads in plenty here on Damo Mitchell and much else besides.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome, LeeLaw!

Your eye-opening experience is one which will sound familiar to quite a few here -- seems like perhaps you will find yourself among kindred spirits on the forum.

• Like 1