taodancing

Zhineng Qigong (also know as Chilel or Wisdom Healing Qigong)

Early in 2014, I stumbled upon Zhineng Qigong as a result of observing and participating in a Buddhist sect. The sect leaders use methods very similar to Zhineng for health and healing with almost miraculous results. I have difficulty accepting the religious dogma, especially the vows of secrecy and discipleship requirement if a student wants to go beyond their basic public practice.

I did a lot of googling to find out more, realized much of what they do is very similar to Zhineng Qigong (pulling qi, lift qi up, head touching sky feet on the ground, preparing the qi field etc) developed by Dr PANG Ming. Though some terms are changed, and the sect leaders insist that their practice is not qigong at all, I came to realize that the sect is using methods very similar to Zhineng Qigong for healing, perhaps with the help of placebo of the Buddhist deities. I actually quite like the helpful deities, but I could not accept the dogma of the sect. This is my reason for learning and practicing Zhineng Qigong.

I am very new to Zhineng Qigong. Other than a couple of weekend workshops, I have been learning from online videos and websites mostly.  I would like to learn more about it from fellow practioners.

Edited by taodancing
  • Like 3

Thank you for starting this thread. Zhineng Qigong is probably the best kept secret. I had never heard of it until recently.

Dr Pang ran a medical Qigong hospital and research center in China for 10 years. Treated some 300,000 patients with over 180 different illness. Then alas Chinese government shutdown the hospital. The shutdown was around the same time the government cracked down on falun gong and other groups deemed a threat to the communist party.

The main element that I believe makes Zhineng so effective is the use of mind to direct the Qi. The creation of a Qi field for healing purposes, and the exchange of Qi, releasing internal Qi and taking in external universal Qi.

Dr Pang was a prolific writer, he wrote I believe nine(9) books and published a monthly newsletter. He also published all of his research case studies.

Thankfully most of this books and ideas have been translated into English by Ooi Kean Hin and others. All of Ooi's books and DVD's are available via Amazon

• Like 4

Dr Pang ran a Qigong College, it was not a hospital, though Westerners called it "The Medicineless Hospital" and many sick people got well with their practice. The Chinese refer to him as Teacher Pang (Pang laoshi) rather than Dr Pang, though he also had medical qualifications. Here an interview that is translated into English.

https://qifieldtherapy.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/interview-with-dr-ming-pang-founder-of-zhineng-qigong/

Ooi Kean Hin (Ooi is the last name) has the best ZQ books and DVD's in English that I am aware of. I also find a lot of free videos and websites that are very helpful. I will post some here when I have time.

Please do share whatever ZQ websites and videos that you find helpful.

Edited by taodancing

Are you familiar with Xing Shen Zhuang that Verdesi taught some time ago? I read that it is very close to Zhineng qigong. I train some version of Verdesi's XSZ and I like it. It works very well with tendons and ligaments all around the body.

As for Zhineng qigong, does Dr Pang refer to any lineage of teachers?

I am not familiar with Verdesi's version of XSZ. It may be similar the Body Mind Form in ZQ.

Here are some ZQ videos you can compare with Verdesi's Xing Shen Zhuang and let me know if it is similar or different.

From my readings, Dr Pang learned form many qigong taoist adepts since his childhood. He doesn't claim any lineage. His methods are public. There is no cult guru secrecy vows.

• Like 3

Here is David Verdesi teaching XSZ. If anyone's interested. Clunky English over Russian voice over, sorry.

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 2

For ZQ Level 1: Lift Qi Up - Pour Qi Down,

This video has great details in Chinese, I use this to learn.

This video has English translation on the screen. Very detail with the 8 verses to prepare the mind and qi field

Edited by taodancing

Jox,

Thanks. I had looked into the online courses you mentioned. I end up doing the weekend workshop with Jianshe Liu instead. As to online resources and books on ZQ, I found Ooi Keen Hin is the best ZQ author and instructor in the English Language.

By the way, Jianshe is doing a workshop in NYC later this month. A friend has posted the workshop details on the Event page of the Taobums.

• Like 1

6-Directions La Chi Method and 6 directions chi kung by MC seems similar stuff ... any comments?

Edited by Jox
  • Like 2

For ZQ Level 1: Lift Qi Up - Pour Qi Down,

This video has great details in Chinese, I use this to learn.

This video has English translation on the screen. Very detail with the 8 verses to prepare the mind and qi field

Thank you for the videos. The first one is a bit confusing but the second is more suitable for the western type monkey mind. I'm a bit caucious about the first video because the set of about half an hour doesn't really involve legs an because of this it looks somewhat unbalanced for me.

The second video says that all the movements can be broken into two main categories: absorbing or emitting qi. Quite frankly, I thought that XSZ (as an extention of ZQ) is more about engaging tendons and ligaments. Does this correspond with your experience that the underlying idea of the ZQ will be emitting and absorbing qi?

• Like 1

The vidoes I posted were the beginning practices for new students.

The first and second videos explains the same beginning practice differently. First video is good only if you understand Chinese.

SXZ (Body Mind Form) is a more advanced practice.

And they are other practices beyond that.

I am a beginner, so I focus on simple laqi (pull qi) and the first exercise. I am not that advanced yet. I started this thread hoping more advanced students would share their experience.

This is a great site that summarise the common methods of ZQ, with good details.

http://www.zhinengqigong.org/methods.html

Edited by taodancing
  • Like 1

Another version of the Zhineng-Qigong as taught by Jane Jin and Master Liu.

Edited by ralis

Jane Jin videos have no English explanation. There are some user comments with English translations for these videos on Youtube.

If you want videos in Chinese, there are also many by Dr Pang's.

Edited by taodancing

Jox, I read of the days when Dr Pang taught the Soaring Crane form, but further research and experimentation he modified it. In the mean time, some of his former students trademarked and marketed the form. Pang never trademarked anything, he made his research available in books and videos. He doesn't even call himself "Master", though some Westerners added the title of "Grandmaster" to him, trying to make it into a lineage or religious sect.

• Like 1

Jox, thanks for the links to soaring crane qigong and mantick chia. yes it appears Zhineng has elements from both.

From what I have read, Dr. Pang, the creator of Zhineng, got his western style education in China and was awarded MD in the late 1950's. However not satisfied with the results, he started to study TCM in the early 1960's, then moved on to Qigong. He studied with 18 different Qigong masters. By the mid 1970's he had synthesized all that he had learned into what he called Zhineng (wisdom/intelligence) Qigong.

Another 10-15 years of refinement and experimentation, he finally perfected his methods and opened the Hua Xia center, a teaching and research center, that also treated patients. Everything was very scientific, a new patient upon arrival was given a full physical exam, and metrics taken. For example someone with bladder cancer, an ultra sound machine was used to measure the size of the tumor. Then after 2-3 months when the patient was released, again a physical exam given and the size of the tumor measured. He recorded and documented everything for the 250,000 patients that were treated at his Qigong facility.

What fascinates me with Zhineng is the use of that they call external Qi transmission. Dr Pang conducted many experiments, carefully recorded the results.

--His students used external Qi on crops, the crop yields went up between 10%-30%.

--They applied external Qi to batteries, the batteries charged more quickly and lasted longer.

--Also applied external Qi to Iron ore production in factories. The iron ore was 10%-15% stronger when tested and measured.

Zhineng Qigong along with other forms of Qigong are China's greatest gift to the world, it should be a source of great national pride in China. It doesn't make any sense for the Chinese government to shut everything down. They should be actively promoting this...

• Like 3

Are there any DVDs or books in English to be able to learn this form? I've been seeking a qi gong to dedicate myself to learning and this certainly seems to tick all of the boxes.

Yes. The best I found are by Ooi Kean Hin (Ooi is his last name, so it is listed as K H Ooi on Amazon). His DVDs and books are on Amazon. I also posted free videos and websites with practice details links on this thread a few days ago. Please browse this thread and see all the free stuff.

• Like 3

This is the static part of ZQ Level 1: Three Centers Merge. It is a form of Zhan Zhuang (standing meditation) with special visualization.

http://www.zhinengqigong.org/Methods/sxpzz.html

http://www.facebook.com/penangqigong/posts/335455209822737

I am learning this as well as Lift Qi Up - Pour Qi Down, the movement part of ZQ Level 1. Though I have bought some books and a DVD from Amazon, I also find a lot of great online resources in English. If you understand Chinese, there are tons of Dr Pang videos on Youtube as well well as Chinese video sharing sites. Some of the Youtube vidoes have English translations in the comment sections.

Edited by taodancing
  • Like 3

Jox - just clicked on the link. Sorry but Max Tack's blog post attempting to discredit Zhineng is *way* over the top....the only thing that looked bad was the blogger.

• Like 3