angeleye

New here. Looking for healing

Hello, 

I do not  have experience, or practice with Dao martial arts ect. 

I have only done some reading during philosophy courses, and then this forum. 

I have enjoyed reading here quite a bit. 

I have been looking into Dao practice as a form of healing. It is clear to me that in addition to diet and rest, my energy needs work in order for me to actually heal. 

I have had a life debilitating medical condition for two years now. After discussing it with a friend they suggested that I find a healer..and a good one. I figured I could ask you all how to go about finding a healer.  

My condition is called Topical Steroid Withdrawal. It is caused by using Topical Steroids to treat my eczema throughout my entire life. I first tried to quit two years ago, because the creams stopped working. I did not know what I was getting myself into. I thought that I just had to learn to heal through diet ect. Due to infections and Dr.s insisting, I used the steroids a few more times. I am now 14 months free. Last summer I discovered that my condition was not just eczema, but a much more severe condition that is caused from using the medicine. It is wide spread, and moves from different places. I lose a horrific amount of skin, and often have raw oozing patches. Currently it is on my hands, feet, eyelids, and neck. The long term use of the topical steroids also messes with my entire system. It damages the HPA axis, (mostly the adrenal glands) and cortisol levels. I am always tired, due to cortisol levels being messed up I have a hard time sleeping through the night. Here is a link to the international steroid addiction network for more information about the condition: http://itsan.org/what-is-rss/

I have been following an autoimmune paleo diet. I have heard of people healing from this, but the biggest advice is that "time heals". I have a strong suspicion that my qi is blocked, or low. I think that I would benefit greatly with seeing a healer. I do not know how to find a good one. If anybody could give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for taking the time to read through this long introduction post. 

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member. For advice regarding your condition you may want to post details of the problem in the healing Circle Section under General Discussion. It would receive greater attention there and you would get more response.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guest Apkallu

Hi,

Sure a healer will help in your condition.

I can also suggest another ways

It seems to me that you need to flush out.

Skins problems are often due to the liver (in charge of the immunity !)

So i would recommend (but look for a good naturopath for a better review)

Desmodium adscendens

Activated Coal

Blood purification with ozone and vitamine C (need to find an open minded physician for this : good luck)

Look also at the Dr Andreas Moritz method (liver and intestine cleanings)

Good luck

hi there and welcome! sorry to hear about your skin condition. may i ask where you are based? if it's where i am (UK) i can point you in the direction of a retreat where you'll be taught how to heal yourself.

skin conditions seem to be about the blood being badly organized which can be for a variety of reasons. you may well need to start some internal cleansing regimens as the people are saying above. very likely you're liver has been over-burdened by absorbing toxic materials over a long period.

anyhow, welcome and best of luck in finding healing.

Thank you for the reply. 

I am located in Washington state. I recently had a blood test done, my liver was shown to be healthy. The abnormalities are my Immunoglobulin E (2600...should be under 300) and Eosinophils were high as well. As a complication I am very prone to infections. I will look into cleanses. I appreciate the suggestions.

Guest Apkallu

I have advised somebody long ago with the same therapies

His filtering organs were failing one after one and physicians just gave him cortisone and shits like that that just get his condition worse.

He had months to live and the kidneys were finally also about to fail.

Today physicians just look at molecules and symptoms.

Find out a real naturopath and purify your organs by taking action on your blood and filtering organs (liver, kidneys, intestine).

Quit Trash food (especially GMOs) and all unhealthy habits just in case of.

Amaroli could help too.

• Like 1

^ Yes, rashes can often be caused by blocked filtering organ meridians - like Liver or Gallbladder.  Typically, toxins are filtered out by the kidneys first, then the liver, and if that all fails...finally through the skin..

In the meantime, Lactobacillus Reuteri, especially strain RC14, might also help a bit...

Lactobacillus reuteri is a type of probiotic bacteria that is found in the gut flora of some mammals and birds. Probiotics, as defined by the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, are “live microorganisms which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host.”(1) Those in the H. reuteri strain may stop or reduce the overproduction of pathogens. They may also inhibit pathogens’ production of virulence factors. L. reuteri has been shown to be an effective therapy in treating infantile colic,(2) acute diarrhea,(3) rotavirus,(4) gardnerella vaginalis(5) and alleviating the occurrences of eczema.(6) They also show promise in the reduction of workplace sicknesses(7) and the suppression of infections related to H. pylori.(8)

Helps Prevent Infections
L. reuteri is a naturally occurring substance in humans, but the probiotic is not present in all people. Some people need daily supplements to introduce and keep adequate levels. The L. reuteri bacteria begin to colonize only days after supplements are ingested. While present in the body, the bacteria can provide strong protection against infections and help maintain a healthy immune system. The probiotic colonies can shut down after ingestion has been discontinued, so it is crucial to go on with taking dosages of L. reuteri to achieve the sought-after benefits.

Suppresses Occurrences of Eczema
A study conducted by a group of Swedish scientists in 2007 shows that infants born to eczema-prone women who ingested L. reuteri during pregnancy were less likely to develop the rash(15) that produces itchy, scaly skin. When the infants in the study were given L. reuteri immediately after birth and for the next six months (versus a placebo), there was a significant reduction in the number of those who developed eczema following ingestion of the probiotic versus those who were administered the placebo. L. reuteri may also be an effective treatment for children who already have eczema.

Although I believe some eczema could also be caused by hormonal imbalances...so you really have to keep digging specifically into your own particular situation.