Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Fontal Awareness

I just heard some dude rave about how reading things in  a different font than those most commonly used can help you learn the content of what you are reading quicker and more efficiently.

It is supposed to draw you attention more to the content as more of your awareness is focused on the reading.

I am going to give it go and start font converting things and see if I can detect any difference. 

Ahem ....    

SCs font in post 2 won't  do it, thats one of the fonts that works the opposite way, like Times New Roman , Book Antiqua, etc.

Stimpy's first font looks like it should be printed across the side of a UFO  - that won't do it. His second one is too overboard and that won't work - unless you like Cyrillic  ( I dont particularly .... too scratchy I had a shirt made of acrylic once ..... poor little fellah )

As far as the wing dings go .... I should have expected that ... coming from a 

Wing_Nut.gif

As far as the criticism against my selection of comic-sans goes, I chose that  before I found this article 

http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/2011/01/comic-sans-promotes-better-reading-comprehension/18053/

so there ...   :P 

A baby crylic   at 2 months old.

wombat-2.jpg

• Like 1

Ahem ....

SCs font in post 2 won't do it, thats one of the fonts that works the opposite way, like Times New Roman , Book Antiqua, etc.

Stimpy's first font looks like it should be printed across the side of a UFO - that won't do it. His second one is too overboard and that won't work - unless you like Cyrillic ( I dont particularly .... too scratchy I had a shirt made of acrylic once ..... poor little fellah )

As far as the wing dings go .... I should have expected that ... coming from a

Wing_Nut.gif

As far as the criticism against my selection of comic-sans goes, I chose that before I found this article

http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/2011/01/comic-sans-promotes-better-reading-comprehension/18053/

so there ... :P

A baby crylic at 2 months old.

wombat-2.jpg

A combat wombat! Cute little fella, except for those claws. I can see how a shirt made from one might scratch.

yeah ...  them claws is good ... but there is a spot I just cant reach 

1238370045007.jpg

Edited by Nungali

Sign in to follow this