Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Coyote

I'm fine with Coyotes but I met a Navajo healer who absolutely hated them. She keeps a rifle in her trunk and pulls over and shoot them on sight. If she failed to kill them, she'd leave a bullet by the roadside and do a spell on it so it would nail the coyote next time it went by. Wild stuff!

He should change his nickname in Navajo country! :lol:

ummm...did she happen to share with you why she killed Coyotes on site?

You know...those little things that tie stories together Yoda..

Well, she said that coyotes aren't actually harmless fluffy animals that make mood music at night but are rather skinwalkers... which are evil wizards that prowl about making mischief for folks.

Since you asked...

If Chris could please reply to this insinuation by Yoda that Max is an Evil Wizard.

Would also like to let it be known it was Yoda and NOT Cameron that made the reference to Max possibly being an evil wizard..I have never doubted Max..just stumbled on to this little Myth by silly Native Amercians..

*freaks out*

Edited by Cameron

:lol:

I'm sure most tribes are a bit more positive about coyotes than the Navajo are. And most Navajo don't really believe that coyotes are *that* bad, either. While I had met the woman in question, the story itself was related to me by her son who thought she was seriously nuts for leaving live .303 ammo on the side of the road in the Arizona heat.

From interview with Carlos Castaneda

CASTANEDA: We might be able to talk to any animal. For don

Juan and the other sorcerers there wasn't anything unusual about my

conversation with the coyote. As a matter of fact they said I should

have gotten a more reliable animal for a friend. Coyotes are

tricksters and are not to be trusted.

Well, she said that coyotes aren't actually harmless fluffy animals that make mood music at night but are rather skinwalkers... which are evil wizards that prowl about making mischief for folks.
Speaking of Skinwalkers...have you all heard of the Skinwalker Ranch in the Uintah Basin of Utah?
Some Utes who live in the region believe the phenomena are related to a Navajo curse. Their folklore tells that the Navajo sent Skinwalkers to punish the Ute. The ranch is off limits to the Ute as they are reported to say, "The ranch is in the path of the Skinwalker."[2] Junior Hicks, a retired schoolteacher and local researcher living in the Uinta region, claims contacts amongst the Ute have told him that the Skinwalker lives in Dark Canyon, beyond the ranch, within a cave decorated with centuries-old petroglyph depicting Skinwalkers
And there is supposedly some WEEIIIRRDDD shyt going on there!!!
Gorman pumped another bullet into the wolf, which then let go of the calf but stood looking at the family as if nothing had happened. Gorman shot it two more times with the powerful handgun. The big animal backed off a bit, but showed no signs of distress, not even any blood.

The mystified rancher retrieved a hunting rifle and shot the wolf again, once more at close range. Gorman is not only an experienced marksman but a big-game hunter of considerable repute. Five slugs should have been enough to bring down an elk, let alone a wolf. The fifth shot caused a chunk of hair and flesh to fly off the wolf, but it still didn't seem fazed. After a sixth shot, the wolf casually trotted across the field into a muddy thicket. Gorman and his father tracked the beast for about a mile, following its pawprints through the mud, but the tracks suddenly ended, as if the wolf had simply vanished into thin air.

"Jesus Christ - something's in the tunnel! Oh, my God. There is a black creature climbing out. I see his head. It has no face. It's on the ground. Oh my God, it walked away." Mike reported it to be huge - maybe six feet tall and 400 pounds. Shortly thereafter, the yellow circle dimmed, shrunk and vanished.
And I doubt Max is a real coyote...cuz a real trickster wouldn't readily admit he was one, I don't think..

.....the enormous potential you are exposed to through encounters with tricksters.

"it aint necessarily so"

you are turned on and left on your own...to cultivate. and to see through. what will you

do now that you have to work to keep the fire burning?

how will you treat life now that you are exposed to bliss?

do you recollect personal drama? (remember the spots on your leopard cape.)

grace and free will...

"elvis has left the building"

"every now and then She leaves the jungle and goes to town dressed as a regular man...."

blabla

Edited by rain

I have never doubted Max..just stumbled on to this little Myth by silly Native Amercians..

*freaks out*

Belief is very powerful, and very dangerous. Never doubting what you believe and calling others beliefs silly? Listen to yourself. Isn't this fanaticism? What I find interesting in this thread is that the Coyote is just one of many trickster myths found all over the world. All myths are based on reality, trickster myths are probably based on devious people, found all over the world. Nothing against Max, but as wise as he may be, he's still a human being, and human beings can make mistakes and deceive, intentionally or unintentionally.

Sorry...I was just joking there.

Will probably need to preface future posts by saying *joke to follow* or *serious comment*

namaste

One of the times I went to a group meditation, the "guide" brought some kind of indian cards with her, so we would see who our animal was or something. I was coyote. She said it means I'm a person who can see things from both sides of the coin and also pretend to be/feel something else than what I really am/feel, like puting on different faces. I guess that's a trickster?

And also she said it's not a bad quality at all, but there is the danger of getting lost in the pretention, starting to belive it's for real or something to that effect.

Will probably need to preface future posts by saying *joke to follow* or *serious comment*

That's not a bad idea actually...

Sorry...I was just joking there.

namaste

not that you care what i think,

but the trappings of unquestioning faith is still well-worth considering.

not that you care what i think,

but the trappings of unquestioning faith is still well-worth considering.

Part of me wishes I could return to unquestioning faith, but I just can't turn off my questioning skeptical mind.

Sign in to follow this