Sign in to follow this  
idiot_stimpy

People of interest appearing to you in dreams

Does anyone have any input of the meaning behind people appearing to you in your dreams unexpectedly?

I have a love interest who I thought I had gotten over, but seem to be repeatably teased in my dreams by them appearing unexpectedly. This seems to bring up the issue for me again. 

Any input greatly appreciated or if you can share similar stories about those occurrences when people appear to you in the dream state.

Does anyone have any input of the meaning behind people appearing to you in your dreams unexpectedly?

When we fall in love we always do so with the deepest, most essential aspects of our identity.  This is why it is always such a deeply meaningful activity, and feels like it has the sanction of the Gods even if the love doesn't work out.

To 'get over' a person, is simply to allow our everyday, more conditioned selves to take back over.  At our deepest levels we are still very much in love, and will be eternally, but of course we live our lives pretty much blind to our deepest selves.  We truly believe we are 'over them'.

Any reconnection with our deeper selves is likely to cause our deepest loves to re-emerge.  If you are seeing your lover frequently in your dreams, it is as a consequence of some upwards shift in your identity.  Assimilating this shift will require you to understand that you never got over this person and never will.

I understand that this is quite a hard thing to realise.  I'm guessing that you are waking up with some feelings of longing in your heart.  But it's actually a very beautiful thing to realise that we can love a person very deeply, and still be able to allow them to be a distant presence.  In medieval times, loving a person with no hope of fulfilment was considered a lofty and spiritual condition.

It may sound like a paradox, but when we love someone with our deepest selves, we don't actually need to be with them in everyday reality.  The more we re-connect with our deeper selves, the more we feel that love is always with us anyway and we don't need to find it on the outside.  So, I'm not saying that your dreams are some kind of prophecy, but this lover is simply part of the landscape of your true self - and a beautiful symbol of Divine love.

Hope this helps

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for your reply. 

As you suggested I don't believe its a prophecy, but something, somehow is trying to get me to acknowledge something within myself. 

I do truly believe if you love someone you should let them be free. Even if that means being free of you! 

I have a love interest who I thought I had gotten over, but seem to be repeatably teased in my dreams by them appearing unexpectedly. This seems to bring up the issue for me again. 

Any input greatly appreciated or if you can share similar stories about those occurrences when people appear to you in the dream state.

Things like that are very common.  One may have thought they were over or past some person (or issue), but at some deeper level in the subconscious one finds that they still have issues/feelings. In sleep, one drops into deeper aspects of the subconscious.

It sounds like something that you might want to consider spending some time with and see what is still yet unresolved.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this