Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Chi Sickness Remedies

Anyone have knowledge of appropriate remedies for "chi sickness"? By that i am referring to when your completely burnt out energetically and your body is taking taking a significant amount of time to rewire itself. 

• Like 1

boah... I think that depends a lot on what you're practicing to begin with. Generally though, change is good. Do something different for a while.

How would you answer that question had somebody else posted it?

• Like 2

Anyone have knowledge of appropriate remedies for "chi sickness"? By that i am referring to when your completely burnt out energetically and your body is taking taking a significant amount of time to rewire itself. 

well, i'm very much a beginner, but these things I've learned

when your body needs time to rewire itself, give your body that time.

also, try to be aware of how much exercise the body can handle. When you do too much, it will be too much.

Last summer i exercised about one and a half hour a day, ( in three sessions)

last winter it was 2 sessions of each 5 minutes

Now I'm building again to about two sessions of 15 minutes. But each session is according to what my body can handle.

Also i find it's good to drink lot of water when you've 'overdone' yourself

• Like 4

boah... I think that depends a lot on what you're practicing to begin with. Generally though, change is good. Do something different for a while.

How would you answer that question had somebody else posted it?

Hey soaring crane, the things i'd recommend would be thus: 

1. Drink lots of water 

2. Eat grounding food 

3. Full body massage

4. Listen to your body and don't start again before your ready 

I've tried all those things, but am going through a prolonged period of burnout and was fishing for other tips.  

well, i'm very much a beginner, but these things I've learned

when your body needs time to rewire itself, give your body that time.

also, try to be aware of how much exercise the body can handle. When you do too much, it will be too much.

Last summer i exercised about one and a half hour a day, ( in three sessions)

last winter it was 2 sessions of each 5 minutes

Now I'm building again to about two sessions of 15 minutes. But each session is according to what my body can handle.

Also i find it's good to drink lot of water when you've 'overdone' yourself

Thanks Blue Eyed, lots of good stuff there. 

Hey soaring crane, the things i'd recommend would be thus: 

1. Drink lots of water 

2. Eat grounding food 

3. Full body massage

4. Listen to your body and don't start again before your ready 

I've tried all those things, but am going through a prolonged period of burnout and was fishing for other tips.  

i've loads of experience with that.... :wacko:

try to stay aware of the fact that the shitty feeling is consequence of blockages that solve themselves. Probably both physical and emotional. I find taking walks outside ( nature, greenery, restful places) helps. Also reduce shitty overload as much as possible, not just bad food but also television, internet, newspapers.. ( the wrong people...) all bad shit.

For me it's also helpful to shake and stretch the body regularly. Not as formal exercise but stretching as in, be aware of your body, stretch all of it, in sections. ( And shaking out after praqctice and when i feel extra shitty ( ala hundun ;) but not so long, more like 5 minutes) seems to help me too.

see how this chipmunk is doing it, animals know better than humans do

and, that's more the inquiry sector, why do you have a burnout?

Meaning, eh...not so much the direct reason, but imho, having a burnout often means that somewhere in the underlying emotional structure, something is geared towards an unbalanced life. A life where you give away more than you gain so to say.

When you find out ( or maybe already know) what this underlying reason is, you can try to tackle that in the small things. Also you can try to reinforce the countermessage in yourself, that's more a psychological trick but can be very helpful.

For example: when you've brought up with the message: boys don't cry, and you now feel the need to cry, then not only cry but also tell yourself explicitly that it is alright to cry. Stick a memo somewhere: with a text like: it's good and healthy for me to cry. Of course, you need to cut that to your own needs.

I also found that it's very easy to fall into worrying when it takes longer then you expected or hoped, worrying will make the process longer.

and a tip from my teacher, last december I had a severe fallback and wanted to stop everything.... He told me, don't stop everything but do say 1 or 2 times a day standing posture. That will keep your head from filling up with worries and it will keep the channels open

keep faith!

• Like 6

That's normally associated to jing depletion. Try this energy tonic tea recipe (under herbal tea recipes). You can buy the herbs in raw form from the Chinese herbalist (don't consume pills, herbs in raw form are more powerful).

Note: Goo see a qualified TCM practitioner to ascertain your condition and for a general health check-up.

All the best. :)

• Like 3

Hey Blue-eyed, your spot on about blockages and feeling shitty. Its difficult especially when you feel like crap and you don't even realize why, like your just in a nasty funk and can't seem to shake it....like having an ocean of sand in your hair and not being able to get it out. Also about the crappy media consumption (Tv, ice cream, chocolate....etc) it can get way out of hand and its a slippery slope to bottom of an ice cream cone. 

• Like 1

That's normally associated to jing depletion. Try this energy tonic tea recipe (under herbal tea recipes). You can buy the herbs in raw form from the Chinese herbalist (don't consume pills, herbs in raw form are more powerful).

Note: Goo see a qualified TCM practitioner to ascertain your condition and for a general health check-up.

All the best. :)

Thanks Gerard, i have a great TCM practitioner near me whom is also a chi kung instructor. Gonna take a visit. 

Hi Old Chi. :)

Are you still practicing Stillness Movement?

And, what other practices do you do daily/weekly?

What are your thoughts and emotions like, generally speaking?

Lastly, do you have some sense why you feel energetically burnt out?

p.s. On a mod/steward note, might this be better located in Healing Circle?

Hey Rainbow, haven't practiced since i got burnt, but yes i am still dedicated too practicing S-M. This was no correlation with S-M though, i know exactly what caused it but don't want to go into details, suffice it to say it was a very intense spiritual experience and chi sickness is the only word i have in my vocabulary to correlate the symptoms. Cant say i want to talk about my emotions on the board or my other practices. Thanks for the helping intention.  

• Like 2

Go to sleep at 10 pm (reading a book first helps you to become sleepy, as opposed to looking at screens). Getting appropriate rest (which requires timing like this) does a lot.

Walk for an hour in the morning, in natural surroundings. Breathe the fresh air. If you miss doing it in the morning (which is the preferable time), do it in the evening. Walking is one thing that helps with qi problems.

Pick a leaf or flower that you like, which has a fair amount of detail to it...look at it for 15 minutes a day, as an object of meditation. When thoughts come, notice how they cloud your perception, as if the light leaves your eyes and goes inward to light up the thought you're experiencing...but then look at the leaf again and feel how it clarifies your perception of the real world...as if you break through the cloudiness. Use the leaf as your object of meditation, so just gently bring attention back to how it looks, if the attention drifts away. And instead of forcing the eyes upon the leaf, instead cultivate a way of looking at it that's as if you're "taking in" the leaf with your vision, effortlessly, rather than exerting your vision outward toward it (hopefully that makes sense after trying the method for a while). This method will calm and release the mind, which will strongly influence the body and qi for the better.

Give your body a break by not practicing what you were until you're back to normal...and then consider practicing slower next time...general rule of thumb. The body heals itself slowly if you practice nothing...quicker if you (the sense of self, and mind) get out of the way while practicing nothing.

I've heard that foods with lecithin can help with the "wiring", the nervous system...such as egg yolks.

• Like 1

Playing / working with drugs and difficult relationship situations can be among the most roasty things we go through.

The nearly complete saturation of our space with depletion, darkness or lament takes some time to recover from.

In either case the relationship with the body and the body concerns are important.

If you can afford it a few massages and a steam bath with a hot tub can be very effective incoming back into a better space. (For me anyway - Saunas would not be helpful in this condition)

Going to two or three movies a week for awhile.

Breathing.

(Did I mention - breathing)

Hot / cold showers - simply take a long hot shower and finish it with a complete cold shower - meaning stay in the cold shower until you do not resist it.

When showering - use a scrub and clean your whole skin.

Foot message - either by yourself or at a place that does this.

Water - electrolytes - nothing too heavy - more on clean foods not too oily - green foods and soups.

Most burn out situations are a dry condition.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Stay away from everything that puts more fire into your system - even if you think you need more qi or whatever.

I can only recommend seeing a VortexHealing® Divine Energy Healing practitioner which is what fixed my problem with burnout.

• Like 1

Stay away from everything that puts more fire into your system - even if you think you need more qi or whatever.

This is quite true - think soothing calming cooling - regenerate and plenty of sleep.

And simple breath awareness

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Go to sleep at 10 pm (reading a book first helps you to become sleepy, as opposed to looking at screens). Getting appropriate rest (which requires timing like this) does a lot.

Walk for an hour in the morning, in natural surroundings. Breathe the fresh air. If you miss doing it in the morning (which is the preferable time), do it in the evening. Walking is one thing that helps with qi problems.

Pick a leaf or flower that you like, which has a fair amount of detail to it...look at it for 15 minutes a day, as an object of meditation. When thoughts come, notice how they cloud your perception, as if the light leaves your eyes and goes inward to light up the thought you're experiencing...but then look at the leaf again and feel how it clarifies your perception of the real world...as if you break through the cloudiness. Use the leaf as your object of meditation, so just gently bring attention back to how it looks, if the attention drifts away. And instead of forcing the eyes upon the leaf, instead cultivate a way of looking at it that's as if you're "taking in" the leaf with your vision, effortlessly, rather than exerting your vision outward toward it (hopefully that makes sense after trying the method for a while). This method will calm and release the mind, which will strongly influence the body and qi for the better.

Give your body a break by not practicing what you were until you're back to normal...and then consider practicing slower next time...general rule of thumb. The body heals itself slowly if you practice nothing...quicker if you (the sense of self, and mind) get out of the way while practicing nothing.

I've heard that foods with lecithin can help with the "wiring", the nervous system...such as egg yolks.

Very useful stuff Aetherous, thanks for the help. I've also heard lecithin containing foods helps, but my understanding is it also depends on your bodily/elemental disposition.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

Playing / working with drugs and difficult relationship situations can be among the most roasty things we go through.

The nearly complete saturation of our space with depletion, darkness or lament takes some time to recover from.

In either case the relationship with the body and the body concerns are important.

If you can afford it a few massages and a steam bath with a hot tub can be very effective incoming back into a better space. (For me anyway - Saunas would not be helpful in this condition)

Going to two or three movies a week for awhile.

Breathing.

(Did I mention - breathing)

Hot / cold showers - simply take a long hot shower and finish it with a complete cold shower

Not a drug related experience Spotless. Thanks for the heads up though. Scrubbing the body and self massage has definitely been useful for me. I'm a LMT myself so yeah bodywork is awesome, just gotta find someone whom is skilled and energetically clean at the same time. Breatb work isn't a central part of my practice, but Im gonna start applying it in this particular situation, as several people have mentioned it now. :)

I can only recommend seeing a VortexHealing® Divine Energy Healing practitioner which is what fixed my problem with burnout.

Interesting stuff, I eat a vegetarian diet so there isn't much meat. Mainly beans, potatoes, fruits and vegetables. Though I do put chill peppers in my beans. Willl experiment.

I crash out...lie down as much as possible and wait patiently...watching my insides as they cry like small children. Eventually they quieten down and gradually, I get back to full energy :)

Prevention, like others say, is best. Something I'm hardly a champion at but hey, I can preach.

• Like 2

Acupuncture and herbs.

• Like 1

Try to experiment with sitting in complete darkness.

If your brain has suffered from your practice then darkness is extremely good for getting back to a healthy state.

I am sitting in my bedroom with 99.9% darkness and with glasses on to filter the rest of the blue light coming in.

I can literally feel the brain rewiring and thinking process is less challenging after just a few hours.

• Like 2

Try to experiment with sitting in complete darkness.

If your brain has suffered from your practice then darkness is extremely good for getting back to a healthy state.

I am sitting in my bedroom with 99.9% darkness and with glasses on to filter the rest of the blue light coming in.

I can literally feel the brain rewiring and thinking process is less challenging after just a few hours.

Very interesting, gonna toy with this. 

keep connected. be more a conductor than a reservoir.

question: what's your defense mechanism? more like a rabbit that counts on running, more like a turtle that hides in the shell or more like a frizzle lizard? all those eat up energy and block energy from coming in. turning them off for a while feels refreshing because it replenishes what was consumed. that's why what we perceive as safe places feel most restful. 

same goes for other mechanisms that we keep in place and are fueled by our own energy and block the energy intake.

take for instance those that are afraid of energy vampires. more they are afraid, more they put up protections, more drained they feel, more they are convinced that something bad is going on. 

try to get a sense of where is your energy going, what is it feeding. you can look outside or inside, you'll get at the same conclusion and is always an inner 'consumer' and more often than not has to do with separation, with the safety bubble. even when you give energy to something outside of you, what you are really using it for (via the outward world) is to close an inner (perceived) gap. 

rather than trying to alleviate the symptoms, look into the root cause.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this