Sign in to follow this  
Guest Apkallu

AYP guy still curious of other spiritual practices

Guest Apkallu

Hi everybody,

I am from France, near Paris.

I have just found this site and just want to have a look and maybe participate in your discussions.

This is why I am posting here.

For the background, I am a 41 years old man and I have been practicing AYP since the 1st of January of this year.

I have no particular issue with AYP but I am nevertheless curious of yours (practices).

Regards.

Edited by Apkallu
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member. Our practices are many and varied which makes for some interesting discussions.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 1

Welcome.

If you are interested, you will find quite a few old AYP discussion threads here. Lot of active debate around it. Just use the search function.

I wrote a fair amount of AYP criticism when I first joined here, which you can find by searching if you want. Though if someone finds it helpful, I won't bother them about it. :)

These days my practice is largely Theravada Buddhism - shamatha as taught by Alan Wallace in 'The Attention Revolution' (though his standards are far too high, the methods themselves are tip-top), and vipashyana as taught by Daniel Ingram in 'MCTB'. Occasional practice from 'Daoist Nei Gong' by Damo Mitchell.

Guest Apkallu

Welcome. If you are interested, you will find quite a few old AYP discussion threads here. Lot of active debate around it. Just use the search function.

Thank you.

This is the way I found this website but quite by chance nevertheless.

Thank you.

This is the way I found this website but quite by chance nevertheless.

Not surprising. Did you want to come and discuss what happens "under the hood" with AYP practices? Also, have you joined Yogani's for pay system (AYP Plus)?

Guest Apkallu

Hi Jeff,

I did not join AYP Plus yet as I am only a beginner and still need to stabilize my twice a day practices : Asanas / SB / DM / Samyama with a little bit of Breath Meditation after DM.

For the moment, everything is ok except my 20 years old smoking habit being still here ;)

I am just looking at the Buddha stuff to see if I can have other ancient practices added to AYP.

Sign in to follow this