dwai

Tai Chi time of day

What time of day do you practice? Why?

is there any time of day you avoid? Why?

The best time for tai chi is after the sunset. It is a fact that people suffering from depression have a relief in symptoms after the sunset.the reason is unknown,i think it is an energetic change between day and night.it is more energetic(qi, shen) when practicing tai chi after sunset.

• Like 1

When I wake up (actually just after some tea) because I sleep before.

Before I go to bed, because I sleep after.

Actually since I practice at night too I compare it to a sweet shower after a sweaty day.

Just after eating it's not great, the reason evidently, is the digestion.

Edited by CloudHands
  • Like 1

I've been playing with practicing at various times of the day. I did the early morning and evening practice for a long time, and then off late my schedule has been such that I can't do my morning practice when I like. So I do a 12 pm practice at times, or even 2 pm, 3 pm etc. 

And evening sometimes 6 pm, sometimes 8 pm. Night after 10:30 (sometimes 11:30 or midnight too). I try to get two practices a day, and was looking at the energy shifts during the day. I read somewhere that practicing at noon is not a good idea. But I see that 12 am is maximum yin, 12 pm is maximum yang. So won't practicing at these times be desirable?

• Like 1

I heard the same thing but... more the time pass and less I care about what has been said yesterday or 2500 years ago. Today I was thinking that parts of the DDJ are outdated (like those about politics), and I came to think that some axioms about cultivation are not that important.

Zhuang zi only wrote the 7 first chapters, Lao Zi is unknown, Yang Cheng-Fu's book isn't his... and I keep having that "cold" feeling sometimes on this forum. Maybe it's time for some cleansing.

Try you'll know.

• Like 1