Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Super Smoothies

Milk (whatever type you like)

Oils (fish, olive, flax, or what have you)

Nuts (or nut butters)

Powders (protein, cayenne, ginger, spirulina, chlorella, etc. -Basically anything you want...see the list of supplements I take in my other thread, 'what supplements do you take')

Fiber (I like psyllium)

Chia seeds

Ground flax

Frozen fruit

-prepare a weeks or more powders-mix and store in mason jars, determine your ideal amount of ingredients based on calories, macro nutrient ratios ahead of time...dial it all in and it is the quickest, easiest meal for those who don't like to cook...I've went months living on smoothies alone and felt great...

Sure, why not? I use almond, coconut, cashew milks...oh and I add vanilla extract, and other flavorants....

I do fruit smoothie everyday, yummie.

Lately i make some green smoothies, fruit with green veggies. I have to try it slowly to see whether i can digest it. Turnips tops are nice, spinach seem to be a bit problematic, would that i had a garden, then I would grow spinach beet and put that in the blender, that is a super greenleafed food! I do not use milk, but sometimes i do use oils.

But I wouldnt like to be without my warm food, while I was sick this winter i sometimes was too tired too cook and eat and I don't feel well with that.

But I do like to put a lot of stuff into my breakfast, oats with ground nuts, dried fruits, seeds , yummie

Be sure to chew these liquid "smoothies", because blenders do not emit digestive enzymes (saliva).

Also - be cautious with using green vegetables that are high in oxalates (spinach, kale, etc, etc):

http://townsendletter.com/Jan2015/green0115.html#.VV9K4xLpRbQ.facebook

Not everything in the above linked article is correct, but I present it here to introduce the general issue of oxalate-rich vegetables being consumed raw in quantity.

And of course, this would be of interest to the "pineal decalcification" people.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus
  • Like 3

thank you,

I do 'chew' smoothies, i've problems chewing and this is a reasonable solution, until now it's the only way i do take enough fruit everyday.

Green foods i normally eat warm, the green smoothies were an idea of my neighbor, some weeks ago i was too tired too cook and eat, and then i found a bottle with green smoothy on my doorstep. It's very nice to have such neighbors.

But where the turnip tops went down very well, i did have problems with the spinach and your link provides me with the answer.

Though I remember when i grew my own spinach, i liked to eat some of it while I was working, but then you take the nicest leaves and take considerably less than a big handful. Kale i would never eat raw...that feels just wrong.

my Green smoothie

1/2 banana - good to freeze browning ones in quarters.

1/2 avocado

thick handful of green, any salad type, I like young fresh spinach mixes well, frozen is convenient doesn't liquefy

milk or milk like substance

sweetener to taste, I like agave, mixes well, fruity flavor

a few drops vanilla - optional but adds nice dimension

some ice- to chill it down, not necessary if using frozen fruit

possible add ins: nut or nut butters, oatmeal- add early so it grinds up, egg- salmonella be damned.

my cheap $15 Hamilton personal blender does a good job.  Though it probably needs more time then a more powerful blender would.

6/17 after years of faithful service replaced $15 Hamilton w/ $79 Ninja.  Ninja much louder then its namesake.  But it comes with travel cup size blender and whips things up faster with less air in them then the old Hamilton. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Need to stock up on extracts, like: Chai Tea, Vanilla, Lemon, and so on.....anyone know any good places for buying awesome tasty extracts? I am familiar with Liberty Naturals and a few others.....

I've been enjoying this lately:

Blueberries

Raspberries

1 whole avocado

Half banana

1 tablespoon raw honey

1 tablespoon bee pollen

1 tablespoon almond/cashew butter

Some lemon juice

Home made milk kefir

A bit of water

• Like 1