mwight

Qigong For Weightlifting? More Effective Than Steroids?

I have recently started lifting weights again, I ripped tendons in my left elbow which I seem able to control inflammation now via qigong.

I have noticed I am bulking up faster than I ever have. I focus on drawing out yang chi from my lower tan-tein to pump into my muscles, right before the exercise begins. I can feel hot fire like chi pouring almost orgasmic-ally (sp) into my pectorals or biceps, and it seems the sky is the limit. I also do after exercise qigong to sooth sore muscles before they start, which surprisingly seems to work for me.

I have never done steroids but I would consider this a significant leap in my weight lifting and practice, on par with stories of steroid use I have encountered.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

I could see this working, infusing a muscle with Chi would definately help with the recovery process therfore

leading to better gains in strength and size. Post WO chi kung seems to be the best way to enchance muscle building via chi kung.

Now this is intruiging stuff ! Qi-Roids ! I want me some of that!

Ive never really been much of an "Alchemist", Ive always been more of a Contempltive Daoist. So Im not really experienced with all the different Chi Gung techniques. But I do find that my system reacts quite strongly , so Im always wary of overheating.

Could you please go into specific details on exactly how you draw out the yang chi ? How you pump it into the muscles ? In a beginner-freindly language :lol: It would be really cool if you could .

Regards, Cloud :)

Now this is intruiging stuff ! Qi-Roids ! I want me some of that!

Ive never really been much of an "Alchemist", Ive always been more of a Contempltive Daoist. So Im not really experienced with all the different Chi Gung techniques. But I do find that my system reacts quite strongly , so Im always wary of overheating.

Could you please go into specific details on exactly how you draw out the yang chi ? How you pump it into the muscles ? In a beginner-freindly language :lol: It would be really cool if you could .

Regards, Cloud :)

It's almost automatic for me. I do microcosmic orbit meditation in trance in order to collect yang chi into my lower dan tein (below naval).

During weightlifting I simply focus for a few minutes beforehand on feeling the chi flow from the lower dan tein and up into the areas I desire it to go.

It is simply the result of focusing and willing the energy to flow where you desire.

I have recently noticed this. I have lifted weights on and off for the past 10 years or so. I have been doing QiGong for around 6+ months and recently have been taking it more seriously and I recently just started to lift weights again. I have been back lifting weights for about 2 months and for my squats and dead lifts I have put up personal bests. I have never been able to lift as much and it seems like it happened quickly. I still feel like there is a lot of room to go so it is going to be interesting. I don't have as much control with my Qi as it sounds like you did but I am definitely noticing a significant difference.

I don't do anything special, just practice Bagua. I have noticed more muscle growth than when I did weight lift, and also I've noticed that my strength has increased a lot, even though I do not do any sort of lifting or arm exercises. It's kinda neat. My student who does still lift weights regularly has noticed that he gets sudden jumps in the amount he can lift, more so than a regular weightlifting year.

Though I really don't think it's going to do you the same as say this:

polls_img_4863899b06530_4044_710817_poll

Squat all the way to the ground before worrying about stuff like qigong.

I see people in the gym doing 1/8 squats. LMAO.

Edited by RongzomFan
  • Like 1

I don't do anything special, just practice Bagua. I have noticed more muscle growth than when I did weight lift, and also I've noticed that my strength has increased a lot, even though I do not do any sort of lifting or arm exercises. It's kinda neat. My student who does still lift weights regularly has noticed that he gets sudden jumps in the amount he can lift, more so than a regular weightlifting year.

Though I really don't think it's going to do you the same as say this:

polls_img_4863899b06530_4044_710817_poll

I'd say you look pretty good in that photo, BKA.

:P

• Like 2

I'm sorry but steroids vs qigong at muscle building is an obvious one to me. Proper use of testosterone wins hands down.

• Like 1

Yes infusing chi into your lifts along with retention will make your muscle gains skyrocket.

I dont think anything can rival anabolic steroids for pure muscle mass but energetic lifting is a real thing and it does work.

There is actually a trainer named Chris Wilits who has developed a whole systematic strength training program around the idea.

http://www.mindfulstrength.com/our-program/

I am not affiliated in any way but he does know what he's talking about.

Yes infusing chi into your lifts along with retention will make your muscle gains skyrocket.

I dont think anything can rival anabolic steroids for pure muscle mass but energetic lifting is a real thing and it does work.

There is actually a trainer named Chris Wilits who has developed a whole systematic strength training program around the idea.

http://www.mindfulstrength.com/our-program/

I am not affiliated in any way but he does know what he's talking about.

Thanks - really useful link. :)

Horse stance!!!! :)

Funny you mention this! I started doing horse stance about a month ago per the recommendations in my "7 months of meditation" thread..I am able to now sit in a deep horse stance (prayer style) for about two and a half minutes..i practice it for 8-10 min a day. I had noted in that thread how belly fat was dissapearing that had been stubborn for a long time, and also physical activity in general seems easier. What is the explanation for this?Is this a form of qigong? I was simply doin it as a method Of "grounding"(thats the word that was used in the recommendation) but its been very powerful. as a former athlete I am very familiar with all types of training techniques. this seems to be a very intense isometric type exercise, but also seems to circulate the energy very well. Also seems to be changing my posture. much easier to walk upright with shoulders back.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 1