Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

The Tree In My Yard

It is autumn here in Michigan, the leaves on the tree in my yard are turning brittle and are falling to the ground. The tree is moving it's energy into it's roots and no longer has need for them. Some see loss, but the leaves turn ablaze with color, a beautiful sight.

I see the tree sinking into meditation. It's leaves fall like random thoughts. It's chi sinks into it's roots where it is cultivated and refined. In the spring, it will arise, fresh leaves will sprout providing me with oxygen to breathe and shade to cool me. A new beginning!

When it is time,my body will grow brittle and return to the earth. My soul will return to it's roots only to return with the freshness of spring.

Edited by Bum Grasshopper

It is autumn here in Michigan, the leaves on the tree in my yard are turning brittle and are falling to the ground. The tree is moving it's energy into it's roots and no longer has need for them. Some see loss, but the leaves turn ablaze with color, a beautiful sight.

I see the tree sinking into meditation. It's leaves fall like random thoughts. It's chi sinks into it's roots where it is cultivated and refined. In the spring, it will arise, fresh leaves will sprout providing me with oxygen to breathe and shade to cool me. A new beginning!

When it is time,my body will grow brittle and return to the earth. My soul will return to it's roots only to return with the freshness of spring.

If only there were more posts like this!

h

With insight like that. I feel you are no longer just the "grashopper".

Thank you for sharing

Sign in to follow this