Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

There is no Duality

...although there is...

What there most likely is is this:

-The One, Holos, everything in existence, even if it is not yet manifested

-The Two, the Yin/Yang, opposite poles, the ends of the extremes available in Nature

-The Three, the Trinity...where opposities coincide and spiral into eachother, the mergence of the poles, like the Venn diagram where two separate realms collide into a third

-The Four, the collusion and collision of Time, which is Space, where the Three have their play

Not sure about dimensions beyond this yet...

Comments/criticisms?

I expected your "Four" to be "The Ten Thousand Things" but whatever.

But then, as soon as you have "Two" you have duality - this and that; this and not that.

I don't know if it would even be useful to go beyond the interactions of the things of the Manifest (your "Four").  As has been said, as soon as we start taking things apart we lose their wholeness, there essence.

• Like 1

Yes I agree. There is either wholeness, or multiplicity. When we have multiplicity we have separate things interacting causally. Yin and yang refer to the patterns we see in these interactions.

• Like 1

True... in our manifest world... everything is duality...  what gets interesting is whether there are different patterns in different dimensional worlds.   

• Like 1

Different dimensions are just part of the multiplicity. Also the duality of oneness and multiplicity are both part of the oneness.

• Like 1

True... in our manifest world... everything is duality...  what gets interesting is whether there are different patterns in different dimensional worlds.   

I rarely go there. 

• Like 1

Mind creates duality.

Without any mind input what is left?

what is the mind's source?    duality or non-duality?

Mind creates duality.

Without any mind input what is left?

Hehehe.  That's cheating.  Without the mind we become a rock.

what is the mind's source?    duality or non-duality?

But duality and non-duality are ideas created by the mind.

Hehehe.  That's cheating.  Without the mind we become a rock.

Just pointing to what is left when the mind is quiet for once.

Hehehe. That's cheating. Without the mind we become a rock.

That's what the mind wants you to think

• Like 2

Yin is one, Yang is two, YinYang is one or three depending how you see it...if they are perfectly balanced, they are one, if either is excessive, they are three...like the Venn diagram.. Another analogy is a teeter totter...polar ends with fulcrum..3 parts...also there is jing, chi, shen- body, mind, spirit...the trinity..if I knew more math, I might be able to tie in things like π, golden ratios, spirals..

But duality and non-duality are ideas created by the mind.

Says who...  The mind?

Sometimes the mind talks too much.

• Like 1

Yin is one, Yang is two, YinYang is one or three depending how you see it...if they are perfectly balanced, they are one, if either is excessive, they are three...like the Venn diagram.. Another analogy is a teeter totter...polar ends with fulcrum..3 parts...also there is jing, chi, shen- body, mind, spirit...the trinity..if I knew more math, I might be able to tie in things like π, golden ratios, spirals..

Yin is nothing; Yang is nothing.  When you add that together.... I will guess you get "two nothings" ?

There is a reason they teach math at such a young age...  they just want kids to 'add it up' in life...

Says who...  The mind?

Sometimes the mind talks too much.

Yes the mind. 

Mind is not the enemy, although it is responsible for all our self inflicted misery. 

I will guess you get "two nothings" ?

It would be truly difficult to differentiate between the two "nothings".

(They might be perfectly identical.)

Also, I think that the causal is the play of opposites, yinyang, and that the acausal is at the center...being the reflexive center, or seat of awareness, the pivot of creation...this is the 3rd...

Also, I think that the causal is the play of opposites, yinyang, and that the acausal is at the center...being the reflexive center, or seat of awareness, the pivot of creation...this is the 3rd...

My thought at reading this was:   Harmony.  Harmonious Chi.

Yes the mind. 

Mind is not the enemy, although it is responsible for all our self inflicted misery. 

IMO... mind is a just a gateway...  you get filtered something in this dimension.  

The subconscious has a deeper picture... where there is no misery

Then there is the Hindu trinity: Brahma (Creator, void), Vishnu (preserver, Yang), Shiva (Destroyer, Yin)

Doesn't our perception do the filtering?

Then, without the perception, everything just is.

Maybe I haven't gone deep enough, but this is how I see at this level at this time.

Yes... in this manifest world... duality rules our minds.   

The center?   It is just the center of duality.   A local smile on a greater understanding. 

We are aware... locally... within our mind environment... although it may be expanded.

Then there is the Hindu trinity: Brahma (Creator, void), Vishnu (preserver, Yang), Shiva (Destroyer, Yin)

Father, Son, Holy Ghost

Spirit, Mind, Body

The Son is crucified, enters and conquers hell and rises to be born again with the Father in heaven.

Sign in to follow this