Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

The homeland of nothing whatsoever

"The homeland of nothing whatsoever is the true abode"

Does this essentially mean to dwell in emptiness, the void, the acausal, the place from which forms arise? And if so, and that place has no location, does that imply to search out the place where one can find nothing? As in, no trace of forms?

• Like 1

Does this essentially mean to dwell in emptiness, the void, the acausal, the place from which forms arise? And if so, and that place has no location, does that imply to search out the place where one can find nothing? As in, no trace of forms?

yes. And only people with "clear hearts" can achieve that place. That's why proper training is so important.

We are born dwelling in emptiness... but does that mean we should seek to go back into the womb?

• Like 1

I have never heard the concept expressed that way before.  We are speaking of Tao, of course.

And it is here where I think the realms of wu (Mystery or Spiritual) and yu (Manifest or physical) can be defined.

The statement above speaks to the realm of wu.

But as long as we have a body we care about our home is within the manifestations of Tao.

We are born dwelling in emptiness... but does that mean we should seek to go back into the womb?

No, we need to complete the cycle.

• Like 1

I think we should seek to go back into the state of being we had in the womb, which is that in which we did not know of self/other distinctions... It seems synonymous with 'settling the spirit in the original openness.' Anyways, the OP quote is from SotGF VIII, 2 Thomas Clearly trans...

• Like 1

I think we should seek to go back into the state of being we had in the womb, which is that in which we did not know of self/other distinctions... It seems synonymous with 'settling the spirit in the original openness.' Anyways, the OP quote is from SotGF VIII, 2 Thomas Clearly trans...

When you walk into 7-11 to buy a soda... and the cashier says "a dollar twenty-five"...

Are you in the womb not concerned about self/other distinctions?

Or are you in this world not concerned about self/other distinctions?

• Like 1

I think we should seek to go back into the state of being we had in the womb, which is that in which we did not know of self/other distinctions... 

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

• Like 1

One should be able to operate effectively from emptiness, going about ones business, remaining at the pivot of creation, buying sodas at 7-11s, without entering causality...riding the ox...

• Like 3

One should be able to operate effectively from emptiness, going about ones business, remaining at the pivot of creation, buying sodas at 7-11s, without entering causality...riding the ox...

Wu we in perfect balance. I like it Fox.

• Like 1

something like that, this is a state of no-separation between Xing and Ming. That's why Great Dao is against the natural flow of things.

something like that, this is a state of no-separation between Xing and Ming. That's why Great Dao is against the natural flow of things.

Yes, but folks seek a state which sometimes is the next foot forward

• Like 1

Fold words into cranes. Knit sound into sequence

and hold its shadow up against tomorrow’s blank slate sky.

Watch how the dark flutter of notes makes meaning

seem bigger than it really is. Watch how night washes time clean.

Follow the words to their source

and emerge into a clearing of complete emptiness.

Become like a child.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this