Mantra68

The reality of Max Christensen

So Kunlun one without the foot lifting off the ground is like normal chi kung meditations as i have the same postures and more in my school.

Just curious Is MAX A follower of the Left Hand path?

"Why do you think all of the masters in the past would isolate themselves? It is because you start to feel everyone's stuff, I mean, shit."

You mean like Buddha, Jesus, Mohommed, B'ahaullah? The current Dalai Lama? Muktananda, Nityananda? Oh wait, NONE of them isolated themselves, but rather taught freely. Please.

So Kunlun one without the foot lifting off the ground is like normal chi kung meditations as i have the same postures and more in my school.

Just curious Is MAX A follower of the Left Hand path?

Ironically, I find the higher I lift my heels off the ground, the better the results. Is this others' experience as well?

"Why do you think all of the masters in the past would isolate themselves? It is because you start to feel everyone's stuff, I mean, shit."

You mean like Buddha, Jesus, Mohommed, B'ahaullah? The current Dalai Lama? Muktananda, Nityananda? Oh wait, NONE of them isolated themselves, but rather taught freely. Please.

Please... ? Research your remarks. There are instances of isolation.

Edited by Spectrum

Ironically, I find the higher I lift my heels off the ground, the better the results. Is this others' experience as well?

I lift 'em pretty high. I was corrected to that at the seminar. I'm careful not to clench my feet though; I keep the sole relaxed and 'open' through the occasional feeling of gently spreading my toes.

I feel like it focuses the connection through Kidney-1 acupoint, which activates the whole Kidney channel as well as the specific things that K1 does.

So, vitality is harmonized with the heart center across the hara, arms & legs activated, especially K1 earth connection... several fundamental essence (jing) angles on this. It's a really clever posture. Really good for health over the long term, I bet.

I'm looking forward to see how this goes in the following months, etc.

Buddy..All of those guys isolated themselves for period of times before teaching.

C'mon man..

C'mon Shelly!

Also the whole posture and shaking thing...I dont get it.

IMO the shaking isn't the important part, it's the meditation afterwards.

For me the chance to read a book and actually get something so noticeable to happen so fast is the amazing thing. Like I go to the new age bookshop every fortnight, nothing like this ever happen before! Someone mentioned Wong Kiew Kit's book, tried that one but always felt like "I" was doing the moving, could not let go.

The only other books that had fast effects were on standing postures, but they are certainly not blissful to practice :)

And what's all this about hidden practice? It may well be best not to talk about what is "happening to you" because people will think you are losing it :) but the practice itself :-

Page 94 "This book is a gift for the world. Please share this knowledge freely. You must, however, be certified by me personally in order to declare yourself a Kunlun teacher"

I lift 'em pretty high. I was corrected to that at the seminar. I'm careful not to clench my feet though; I keep the sole relaxed and 'open' through the occasional feeling of gently spreading my toes.

very good tip! I tried that a little earlier and my legs were rockin like I was double bassin' behind teh drums! I didnt get that amount of lift from just reading...thanks dude

Cool tip, I missed that too.

Yup. One thing Max said at the workshop that stuck in my head is to "lift you feet as high as you can".

Also..don't keep the back too rigidly straight but gently curved..like a Dragon.

yes, the higher the heels the stronger the current.

max also came around while we were doing the kunlun seminar in LA (second one) and told me to lift my heels higher, tuck my feet closer behind the knee, and keep the legs/knees parallel.

i lift the heels higher, until my body moves into a different position and the current is very strong now. then i circle back with feelings of contentment, happiness and calm, always smiling.

then i start to drool again and the process repeats, getting more involved and incorporating different spontaneous positions and sounds.

what is your cool-down period? i only do for a short while after 30-40 minutes of kunlun.

my experience .. the higher heels of the ground the less shaking or stop it at all

There are other things that Max teaches at the seminar like Red Phoenix, standing Maoshan 5 elements, spirit travel, and 3 pts healing method. This is also just the Level 1 seminar. I suppose there will be a Level 2 workshop in the future.

Craig

Can you give more info about the spirit travel he teaches ? Is it a kind of meditation ? is it step by step ? need enough energy before practising it ?

Dunno, cheers :)

Yup. One thing Max said at the workshop that stuck in my head is to "lift you feet as high as you can".

Also..don't keep the back too rigidly straight but gently curved..like a Dragon.

thanks cam...those little tidbits are great, all are appreciated!

then i start to drool again and the process repeats, getting more involved and incorporating different spontaneous positions and sounds.

what is your cool-down period? i only do for a short while after 30-40 minutes of kunlun.

Didn't you mean DROOL DOWN PERIOD? :lol:

Can you give more info about the spirit travel he teaches ? Is it a kind of meditation ? is it step by step ? need enough energy before practising it ?

Dunno, cheers :)

The spirit travel practice uses a certain mudra with the pinky fingers extended, while sitting or laying down, and then you concentrate on the tips of pinkies. You can hold your arms in two different positions. Another way, the faster way, is to also raise your heals off the ground and "look" thru your wisdom eye at the tips of your little fingers.

"Please... ? Research your remarks. There are instances of isolation."

But taught freely without regard to anyone's "shit." And while they may have meditated, none were involved in practices involving gaining special powers. Unless you count Jesus' walking on the water and raising the dead. Even that (allegedly) came spontaneously.

yes, the higher the heels the stronger the current.

max also came around while we were doing the kunlun seminar in LA (second one) and told me to lift my heels higher, tuck my feet closer behind the knee, and keep the legs/knees parallel.

i lift the heels higher, until my body moves into a different position and the current is very strong now. then i circle back with feelings of contentment, happiness and calm, always smiling.

Hi Yiqili,

I am doing around 45 minutes of holding the posture, but my cooldowns are pretty short. Just 5-10 minutes (the book says most 'manifestations' will occur during cooldown). I am still pretty new to this, so learning as I go along. I seemed to experience more intense 'phenomena' while holding the posture my first time practicing, but I was holding my arms backwards (left on top) and had also just finished 2 hrs of Tai Chi. I have also noticed increased salivation, but I attributed it to keeping the tip of my tongue touching the roof of my mouth during practice. I am not sure if this is proper form, but I do this during most cultivation as well as tai chi.

Hi Yiqili,

I am doing around 45 minutes of holding the posture, but my cooldowns are pretty short. Just 5-10 minutes (the book says most 'manifestations' will occur during cooldown). I am still pretty new to this, so learning as I go along. I seemed to experience more intense 'phenomena' while holding the posture my first time practicing, but I was holding my arms backwards (left on top) and had also just finished 2 hrs of Tai Chi. I have also noticed increased salivation, but I attributed it to keeping the tip of my tongue touching the roof of my mouth during practice. I am not sure if this is proper form, but I do this during most cultivation as well as tai chi.

so far i don' experience the cooldown as cooling down at all but more like heating up... when i put my hands over the navel (which by the way still feels a little strange to me, because it's the other way round than i was used to do it - the 'women's position' left over right) heat starts to build up at this place and starts to spread to my body, getting quite hot... so after that time period of holding my hands over the navel i kind of have to cool down by just sitting and relaxing for a while...

The "real" cooldown after the cooldown :)

In a previous thread i was adviced by Mantra to look out for to much energybuilding in the head after i asked the question if it was possible to fry your own brains (in the book it says about kahuna warriors testing there skill by holding a glass of water to there head wich should boil eventually, even breaking a pot with water by practising inside the pot). He said a way to regulate this is to use the same kunlunenergy itself as a cooling device a bit like a shower letting the energy drip down and cool parts of the body.

This seems slightly similar to the kunlun 3 exercise.

To encourage the kunlunenergy going trough the head and powering the energycenter above the head (it got a bit stuck there) i made a circular movement with my hand above the head in the 2 directions as also suggested somewhere in a post here (think about 30 times but should check again). This was in the beginning and isnt needed anymore atm, it can go more freely now and runs fine. The trick worked quite well thats why i mentioned.

Im still not out of it why it creates such heat but at the same time can cool down. My guess is that kunlun energy (this so called ling-energy) itself is a yinlike energy (cooling, contracting, fine) but because of the immense amount and the strong stream of energy that it has the ability to heat up certainly at places where you have an energyblock or have a physical problem (i had a tensed muscle after a training and while doing kunlun this exact spot got extremely warm). Still not out of what it exactly is ffcourse, if you think otherwise then do tell ! :)

to Bindo: thanx alot for the info, seems pretty intresting and its cheaper then travelling by airplane or train ;)

Time for luch, regards !

Mantra,

Methinks you doth protest too much... You say that Max doesn't like titles, then what's up with Lama Dorje, a litany of masters, and the fact that he's mastered every spiritual discipline known to man? You say he doesn't like robes, what's up with the Chinese costume? You talk about him being a regular guy but then if the energy isn't just right in San Francisco he's going to metamorphosize or evolve into a spirt/dragon thing not to mention all the other superhuman things he talks about and tries to demonstrate in movies and photos? The inconsistencies are pervasive in everything we see and read about him. In a different thread someone recommended changing the name of this forum - I think that's a good idea. It needs to be called LamaDorjebums... It's really getting tiresome...

It's very telling to notice the change in your demeanor (and his other students') when one person criticizes Max. Are you that insecure? If he really is everything you think he is why are you so sensitive to one persons criticism? These are rhetorical questions intended for your consideration, no reply is needed or solicited...

I wish you and Max well. There is room for everyone on this beautiful planet.

Nobody is that insecure. It is a matter respect for Max and all the effort he is making to teach those of us who care to learn. Lama Dorje was a name and title given to him. The students call him Max is his workshops.

If I go to one of Max's seminars Mantra.. will I be able to see him move people around with his mind or get to see people flying into fences? That part of the introduction seemed very far-fetched but it would be amazing to verify.

Thanks

Edited by talkinghead

If I go to one of Max's seminars Mantra.. will I be able to see him move people around with his mind or get to see people flying into fences? That part of the introduction seemed very far-fetched but it would be amazing to verify.

Thanks

You might be surprised by what you see. Things are getting more interesting every time.

Ask some of the people here what they have seen. What Max can do isn't far fetched to them and it's no longer my word against the world.

Max now has thousands of students around the globe.

More importantly than demonstrations though is the practices themselves and opening to your Tao.

Please come, you are more than welcome.

If I go to one of Max's seminars Mantra.. will I be able to see him move people around with his mind
Yup. Max doesn't just give dry lectures. He can actually do what he says and enjoys showing what he tells.

So, expect to see a lot of cool energetic party tricks. B)