Mantra68

The reality of Max Christensen

I have recently had a revelation about the impression Max makes with people and the emphasis that is put on teachers.

Max is one of the most humble people I have ever met. I say this because in light of what I have seen him do he always maintains the self-image of a lowly servant.

In person he refuses to present himself as a Lama, Taoist master, or spiritual guru. Not that he isn't all of these things, because he is, but because he is very uncomfortable with the idea of being put on a pedestal. He consistently states that he only knows "a little bit" about what he teaches.

He is the one who taught me that "you need a teacher to show you that you don't need a teacher."

He even rejects the title of "teacher" as he prefers to think of teaching as just "friends sharing information."

Because of this perspective he presents himself as a regular guy. No robes, no bowing, no caste hierarchy. The problem with this is that some people NEED TO SEE the robes and whatnot in order to value the information they are getting and respect the person who is presenting it. This is part of the human psyche.

An exalted, dramatic presentation is absolutely necessary for some people because collectively we judge books by their cover.

The fact is that HE IS an amazing human being. He understands the process (with all of its weirdness) of opening the body and spirit to the Tao.

Let me elaborate on that last statement because there is a whole lot to it. When human beings move from a closed down mundane state to higher enlightened levels there are almost infinite variations of bodily processes and conditions one will experience. Max understands all of these. Whether it is shaking, heat, contorted yogic movements, changes in vision, the movement of energy in the body, changes in temperature, blacking out, nausea, emotional release, bliss, electrical sensations, magnetic sensations, circulation, spirit travel, etc., etc., he gets it.

I have seen so many people go through this process (each in their own bizarre way) and I am always amazed by the fact that he always knows not only what they are experiencing but also how to guide them through.

So if you are called to explore the methods you have read about in this forum, know that you are in the hands of an expert.

He may not impress you with his appearance, but that is kinda the point.

On being human:

Max is human like the rest of us. His body is slightly different in its functionality and sensitivity. He prefers the mountains or desert to busy cities. This is due to the erratic electrical and spiritual energy that can be found there.

San Francisco was a nightmare in terms of this because of the over head wire grid that spans the city and powers buses and trolly cars. After spending the day there the situation nearly got critical as it amped his system and cause severe inter-phasing. Inter-phasing is a condition of transitioning to a higher vibration. It can be extremely uncomfortable and even painful. It is like cranking up your own amperage.

In order for Max to stave off his final evolution he cannot allow a certain type of energy to express itself. If he does not, he will shift into Dragon Body (similar to Rainbow Body). If the process is allowed to begin it will move quickly.

We almost canceled the whole seminar because of this. Needless to say, Friday's talk was very strange. Max was having to try his best to speak, when all he really wanted to do was leave. Not the jovial entertaining vibe we usually enjoy. It was quite serious as we were watching him closely to make sure he was alright.

Anyway, the point of all of this is to illustrate that no matter what level you're at there are challenges. It isn't easy to be here and for the sake of our evolution, it isn't supposed to be.

Teachers are just people. Give them whatever respect you feel they deserve but don't ever put them above yourself.

If they put themselves above you, be careful.

He seems to me like big kid.

When he was talking about "His aunties" in China the first day I met him. I don't know. Sort of just started to sink in how profound that was. Like even at the highest level we are all still just kids. Look at kids..all on the same level..just having fun.

It's all the adult crap that makes these heirarchies and levels and you need to bow down and you need to do this and you need to do that and nah nah nah.

Max doesn't teach awakening..he embodies it.

Also my other teacher who is a lady does but Max has the super level energy knowledge=cool.

Edited by Cameron

It's all the adult crap that makes these heirarchies and levels and you need to bow down and you need to do this and you need to do that and nah nah nah.

Are you insinuating stuff like that is done for no reason and serves no purpose?

In order for Max to stave off his final evolution he cannot allow a certain type of energy to express itself. If he does not, he will shift into Dragon Body (similar to Rainbow Body). If the process is allowed to begin it will move quickly.
Thanks for the clarification.

Just curious, what exactly is Dragon Body, then? Is it also a similar full "conversion of matter into energy," daylight ascension? Or to ask another way, what is the difference between it and Rainbow Body?

And how do all these relate to "enlightenment?" I remember Max saying there were different types of enlightenment. What exactly is his definition?

Edited by vortex

Are you insinuating stuff like that is done for no reason and serves no purpose?

Did I say I was insinuating it had no purpouse or reason tough guy?

:lol:

No..the adult stuff can be fun to..actually it's the same thing.

Mantra,

Methinks you doth protest too much... You say that Max doesn't like titles, then what's up with Lama Dorje, a litany of masters, and the fact that he's mastered every spiritual discipline known to man? You say he doesn't like robes, what's up with the Chinese costume? You talk about him being a regular guy but then if the energy isn't just right in San Francisco he's going to metamorphosize or evolve into a spirt/dragon thing not to mention all the other superhuman things he talks about and tries to demonstrate in movies and photos? The inconsistencies are pervasive in everything we see and read about him. In a different thread someone recommended changing the name of this forum - I think that's a good idea. It needs to be called LamaDorjebums... It's really getting tiresome...

It's very telling to notice the change in your demeanor (and his other students') when one person criticizes Max. Are you that insecure? If he really is everything you think he is why are you so sensitive to one persons criticism? These are rhetorical questions intended for your consideration, no reply is needed or solicited...

I wish you and Max well. There is room for everyone on this beautiful planet.

Did I say I was insinuating it had no purpouse or reason tough guy?

:lol:

No..the adult stuff can be fun to..actually it's the same thing.

its all good bro...but you dont need to explicitly say in order to insinuate :) but then again, misinterpretation is one of the many wonders of text communication!

Xuesheng...I've already seen all of those 'inconsistencies' explained sufficiently on this forum B)

Edited by joeblast

Mantra,

Methinks you doth protest too much... You say that Max doesn't like titles, then what's up with Lama Dorje, a litany of masters, and the fact that he's mastered every spiritual discipline known to man? You say he doesn't like robes, what's up with the Chinese costume? You talk about him being a regular guy but then if the energy isn't just right in San Francisco he's going to metamorphosize or evolve into a spirt/dragon thing not to mention all the other superhuman things he talks about and tries to demonstrate in movies and photos? The inconsistencies are pervasive in everything we see and read about him. In a different thread someone recommended changing the name of this forum - I think that's a good idea. It needs to be called LamaDorjebums... It's really getting tiresome...

It's very telling to notice the change in your demeanor (and his other students') when one person criticizes Max. Are you that insecure? If he really is everything you think he is why are you so sensitive to one persons criticism? These are rhetorical questions intended for your consideration, no reply is needed or solicited...

I wish you and Max well. There is room for everyone on this beautiful planet.

To venture into the world of strangers and try to teach these things is a learning experience. There are many challenges along the way. One of them being that Max has the history that he does, and yet is presenting things on his own terms: removed from the trappings of the past so as to make things as accessible to others as possible.

It is important that we consider any misinterpretations of what we are trying to do and address them. He has earned his titles and his robes. He has the experience and the mastery and the right to present himself this way. He is now choosing not to for the reasons I have stated previously.

Some people can't wrap their brain around that. They think that when you get to a certain level you maintain the position and accept all of the adoration and relational imbalance that comes with it. He rejects that and remains humble looking only to empower others. The images (formal attire) we have available are the ones we present on the website.

In person (note: I said in person) he will not appear this way. We are going to change things all the way around eventually when we get the time.

We respect everyone and yes it is important to consider everyone's opinion. When I first read Hundun's response I was taken aback. I like Hundun and I know that he only wants to help others. I wish we could have talked more.

Despite the rough beginning (we were all pretty scrambled and made it known to the crowd), San Fran turned out to be a really great experience. Almost everyone there had major openings.

I know you can't please everyone, and we will never try, but because we do things differently feedback is important.

We don't claim to have a monopoly on enlightenment practices, everyone has their own path.

And no, we are not insecure, we simply care.

P.S. I just registered www.lamadorjebums.com :)

Edited by Mantra68

Your voice of max role is wearying.

Have you anything to say for yourself?

Just trying to help.

If you find it boring feel free to explore the billions of other web pages on the net. No one makes you read my bullshit. :)

You misunderstand me Rabbit. No hostility here. I've scrolled beyond my tolerance for such activity...the results of which have borne my last post. Should I be misinformed in the supposition of said post, then please, show me the courtesy of informing me of such by referring me to these personal experiences of which you refer.

Lest mr. mantra think this a reprieve, my question remains, what have you to say for your own experience?

Love (gives freely).

xeno

You've not answered my question.

Talk about wearying posts... :P Sounds like you're trying to start some shit. Max has lead an interesting life and I want to hear all about it. Max isn't going to post here, so Chris is the next best thing. Why is that a problem?

Just don't click on the topics with the words Lama Dorje, Kunlun, or Max Christensen and it will be like it doesn't even exist. It's that simple.

You misunderstand me also bindo. I'm just curious if mr. mantra has anything to report regarding his self and his self's experiences.

It's that simple :)

You misunderstand me Rabbit. No hostility here. I've scrolled beyond my tolerance for such activity...the results of which have borne my last post. Should I be misinformed in the supposition of said post, then please, show me the courtesy of informing me of such by referring me to these personal experiences of which you refer.

Lest mr. mantra think this a reprieve, my question remains, what have you to say for your own experience?

Love (gives freely).

xeno

You make it difficult to know where you're coming from, or even what you are asking exactly. His experience with practicing what Max is teaching? Sorry if i misunderstood your previous posts. :D

With respect to all, I suggest that we allow mr. mantra to speak for himself. He has a self, separate from max... let's allow him to choose, on his own, to articulate his self's experience, or not.

With respect to all, I suggest that we allow mr. mantra to speak for himself. He has a self, separate from max... let's allow him to choose, on his own, to articulate his self's experience, or not.

Gosh xeno, I didn't know it meant so much to you. Finally someone cares about my thoughts, my ideas. Finally I can get out of the shadow of that Max guy!

Just kidding.

Is there something in particular you wanted to ask me?

I never shy away from a question. Be specific and I will do my best to oblige you.

I actually feel like I have said enough. I co-wrote Pillars of Bliss, in which I included my story in the forward of the book. This is available for all to read for free here.

Who is Max? is that Smile on this board?

Matthew,

Good to hear from you again! There are now two Max's around here. Big Max is at risingredphoenix.com and regular Max is still in NYC or thereabouts.

Yoda

Just a thought..

I know it is sort of not the norm..but maybe when you have a teacher openly available to you(for who knows how long) who is basically holding back on his final evolution by eating junk food all day and being careful about stuff...

Well...maybe..just maybe..you can "think outside the box" a little and not be like a spoiled, demanding little brat asking the said teacher to articulate himself better.

Yes..it's a weird situation..guess what..we are in it.

I am still not buying into the whole junk food thing...its to keep him grounded,its OK because he's so powerful but dont get too close to powerlines...whatever.

I still want to know what position you are holding to make your legs tremble....almost curious enough to drop a whole 15 bucks on the book but not quite.

It is your God given right as a human being not to buy into things you don't want to buy into.

God Bless America!(Or wherver you live)