Songtsan

Supplements you use

I use the following herbs and supplements, not necesarily every day, but pretty often:

L-DOPA (mucuna 15% levadopa)

5-HTP

L-arginine

L-ornithine
Fenugreek

Thyme

DHEA

L-theanine

Gingko Biloba

Tongkat Ali (Longjack)

Milk Thistle

Panax Ginseng

American ginseng

Korean Ginseng

Psyllium husk

Glucosamine & chondroitin

hyaluronic acid

MSM

Pau D'Arco

Oregon oil

Black Walnut hulls

caprlyic acid

Garlic oil

Curcumin Phytosome

Eyebright

NAC

Vitamin B12

Probiotics/Prebiotics (various)

Uva Ursi

Maca

Cacao

Mangosteen

Acai

Goji

Peppermint

Boron

Molybdenum

Zinc

Copper

Serrapeptase/Nattokinase

Niacin

Selenium

Vit. D3

Potassium Iodide

L-tyrosine

Taurine

L-glutamine

Ginger extract

Bitter Orange

Creatine

Pumpkin Seed Oil

Nutritional Yeast Flakes

Chlorella

L-Phenylalanine

DGL

Lecithin

Guarana

L-Proline

L-Lysine

tribulus terrestris

Digestive enzymes (various)

L-alanine

phosphatidylserine

l-glycine

l-leucine

l-isoleucine

Forslean

Cal, Mag, Zinc

Chasteberry

Pine Bark extract

Now, if I am not trying to gain weight, I won't use all the extra amino acids, creatine, etc...everything is used as needed depending on what I am doing.....

• Like 2

I am generally excessive in the supplements department. I am experimenting with my body like its a laboratory....

I do! I eat pretty damn well actually....when it comes to things I put in my body, I am a health nut 75% of the time...other times I eat things I shouldn't, like ice cream or pizza....

Edited by Songtsan

i use alot....but I believe the body can create those naturally. being healthy is more about the cultivation of life force

Also absorption rates are pretty important. most vitamins have like 5-10% its pretty sad

I forgot to add bioperin- its a black pepper extract which inflames the microvilli of the small intestine, thereby increasing nutrient absorption by opening up the little holes on the microvilli. I have also considered drinking my own urine, as it must contain some expensive stuff in it....haven't really explored that practice yet! :)

For absolutely pure amino acids I order from http://www.nutrabio.com/ which is an FDA registered lab. Aminos are sold in bulk with absolutely no fillers. I just bought 500 grams of L-arginine Ethyl Ester for 30.00. Also I just started taking their Micellar Casein which is an excellent product.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

I can't say I buy from the best places as I am limited in funds...I usually buy from onlineapothecary or beyondacentury, mostly Now Foods, Doctors Best, and a few others...

In my opinion eating sugar and ice cream and then eating supplements is ridiculous and it may be bad for your health.

That supplements have they risks, for example a lot of iodine can result in hyperthyroidism

Greetings

Do you have bloodwork to  see if you are defficient in any thing.

It's a good way to know what your body is lacking or has too much of

Human beings did not evolve from refined supplements and isolated chemicals.

They evolve in interaction with the environment - our "larger self".

Nutritional and chemical theories do not completely represent the overall environment - there will always be a lot missing from these ideas, which are largely based on a materialistic and mechanistic and false view of life.

Since much is missing, these ideas and products, which are both partial conceptions of what is involved in the environment and all living beings that are manifesting from that environment, the results of this may be quite disorderly and hard to eventually "fix" or "reconcile".

The use of this modern thinking and the products of it are an experiment, and the results of the experiment right now include the greatest incidence of degenerative disease mankind has ever seen.

So be cautious, and do very good research, or you may end up with many difficult problems.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

Just bought a bottle of creatine since I don't eat meat

VItamin D3, nearly no sunlight where I live

Kelp, no iodine in the soil here also

French red wine extract, basically red wine without alcohol

Just about the finish a bottle of astaxanthin, it's supposed to give protection against sunlight

Occasionally Vitamin B12

Edited by flowconduit

i take too many supplements. having too many supplements is nothing more than an attachment as far as i can tell. looking to not have to worry about any of that in the future. for now i feel i'm supporting my physical faculties as much as possible while the underlying energy is still messy, minimizing jing leakage. but there's leaking from all the thinking about this stuff so the question is whether it's worth it. at least in my case i think it's been worthwhile for the sheer amount of health changes, functionality increased in lots of observable ways. it feels like jing is building and awareness along with that.

Edited by wilfred

I get blood tests every 6 months or so, all normal...CBC, lipids, TSH, all kinds...I also take a break for a month or more once or twice a year..the compounded placebo effect from multiple substances is potent...I have more energy than I know what to do with most days...

Some supplements for having Lyme disease:

Japanese Knotweed

Chinese Skullcap

Astragalus Root

Siberian Ginseng

-------------

Other supplements:

Hemp protein powder

Milk Thistle (liver detox)

Zinc (immune system booster)

Iodine (since I'm low in it)

Vitamin D when it's winter

Cordyceps (mushroom with lots of benefits)

L-Theanine (with coffee for increased focus)

sometimes I will take a phenylpiracetam nootropic supplement, with choline, if I want an intentional day of study.

• Like 2

That is a fucking lot of supplements. Wow... :blink:

A few years ago I was into a bit of supplementation for the bodybuilding. experimented with various whey proteins, soy protein, even pea protein powder, plus creatine and multivitamins for a while.

Done with all that. Just whole foods, lots of fruit and veg. Perhaps a little too much coffee. Pretty sure I'm healthier than ever now though.

Many  wise words have been spoken in this thread, as counterbalance reality check.  Notice that many yogis live a long and healthy life, on bare minimum food,  leave alone supplements.  Meanwhile, the digestive system is getting overloaded, if these are consumed when not needed.  The failure in GI shows up only in advanced decades of life because the life-force of youth is strong enough to withstand the onslaught from modern society.

• Like 1

A good cheap and very effective supplement is psyllium seed, ie metamucil.  Unlike most you see results in 24 hours.  Taken for a few days it seems to scour the bowels and lower digestive track, plus balances sugar and insulin, makes you feel fuller.  Its not to be taken every day, but for a few days a month its probably helpful. 

• Like 1

Songtsan, you're missing the following:

Cinnamon (Kidney Yang support)

Schizandria (Kidney Qi support and grasping)

Wallnuts (Kidney Qi support and grasping)

He Shou Wu (Kidney Yin and Yang support)

You do have Goji, which is good for Kidney Jing and Kidney Yin support.

I'm 30 now and experienced in the past couple of years the classic symptoms of Kidney Yin/Yang/Jing deficiency as a male. I've used a lot of supplements and diets to experiment, and lots of noots, but what made the absolute biggest impact on my health was 50g Goji berries a day.

As you can see my emphasis now is pretty much to build from the base of the energetic system, namely the Kidneys. Based on Kevin Wallbridge's suggestion I don't use Ginseng or any other herbs that cannot be used every day.

I prefer to eat the whole foods like Goji, Schizandria and Walnuts and I use Cinnamon in my tea a couple times a day. It's making a huge difference. My cold limbs are warm again, I feel like I'm 16 again in certain departments, if you know what I mean.

• Like 3

I take Cinnamon too....just haven't lately....too much can be bad....I do like the walnuts, and I'm taking the black walnut hulls

I have seen studies saying that too much supplementation can lead to cancer....which is why I go on month long breaks....hopefully I will improve my listening ability to see what I do/don't need...

at times when I take these things I am a powerhouse....at other times I feel I need to avoid them. The more I awaken, the better I get at knowing when/why/where to do these things....sometimes I hold a supplement and meditate on whether it feels right, other times I will ask for guidance from 'above' if I am unsure...

its a difficult process in the short run, but well worth it overall if one learns something - even over several lifetimes

OP I envy your expendable income :)

I usually always take the following:

creatine

whey protein

fish oil

and I often mix it up with a few more which most recently include:

Cinnamon/chromium

Garlic

Tumeric/Cumin

Spirulina

Bee Pollen

Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM