Apech

Damo Mitchell on why we shouldn't shout at each other on the internet

- To be followed by a huge argument about who understands this better?

-VonKrankenhaus

(I making joke - but good article, and good point, Apech)

• Like 3

He's talking about Martial Arts as the realm of the deeply insecure!

Interesting.  He doesn't take it quite that far yet...but basically corroborates in the direction of what I said here. B)

The energy of rage, outrage and anger deeply effect the person doing it - energy patterns are carved out making it easier and easier to vent. Mind loops of thought patterns also are created in support of this behavior and often dietary imbalance supports it, even the time of day comes to support it.

It is very difficult to change the cultivation of anger - the river banks are increasingly entrenched and all the support mechanisms are becoming more and more ready for trajectory. If this gains momentum enough it can go into numerous headless behaviors including suicide and murder. The enabled lack of boundaries enhances the ability to actually go forward with suicide and murder is just one step further in released rage - complete identification with ones mind loops and incorporating the instinctive and emotional "assets" of the physical body.

Huge amounts of energy are lost in moments and the habituation is to one of embarrassment and feckless abandon and self justification.

The wounds on the other side can be devestating for years and often hard to uncover - often resulting in a retreating from oneself in many areas.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

Bickering is different than strong anger and rage. Oftn in these forums someone walks In with little or no applied brains and makes statements that are literally waiting for derailment - it is part of understanding the shortcoming in ones thinking and approach. It is also an eye opener to the fact that there may indeed be another way of looking at things.

In my first year at University I was skewered by upperclassman that ripped apart my head on many occasions. Philosophy was a tough one on lazy mindedness and assumption.

I remember looking at the programming of "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all". It can create a filter in your seeing - one that filters out seeing "bad".: "if you can't see something nice don't see anything at all".

Some are able to speak with great patience and coddle when "necessary" - for many it is something that must be cultivated and some will never coddle squat.

Often in order to speak with great patience here in a posting it is beyond the scope of the endeavor - it could take pages just to deal with one foolish remark. Frequently the remarks have all the earmarks of early teen thinking - cocky, naive and green as in "green horn".

Many comments are from those long dead - unthinking blabber from blabber mind. A good joust is often what it takes to awaken at least something of the former person who used to partake in the active life of the body and what comes out of its tapping fingers.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

I like insanity to a great extent, even if it be somewhat painful, as long as it is constructive and tastefully done...

The inner nature is that part of oneself that is immortal and beyond karma. The goal is to bring it to the surface. 

• Like 1

The inner nature is that part of oneself that is immortal and beyond karma. The goal is to bring it to the surface. 

That's your definition of that term, I think he just meant your subtle inner self of thoughts and feelings.

• Like 2

The energy of rage, outrage and anger deeply effect the person doing it - energy patterns are carved out making it easier and easier to vent. Mind loops of thought patterns also are created in support of this behavior and often dietary imbalance supports it, even the time of day comes to support it.

It is very difficult to change the cultivation of anger - the river banks are increasingly entrenched and all the support mechanisms are becoming more and more ready for trajectory. If this gains momentum enough it can go into numerous headless behaviors including suicide and murder. The enabled lack of boundaries enhances the ability to actually go forward with suicide and murder is just one step further in released rage - complete identification with ones mind loops and incorporating the instinctive and emotional "assets" of the physical body.

Huge amounts of energy are lost in moments and the habituation is to one of embarrassment and feckless abandon and self justification.

The wounds on the other side can be devestating for years and often hard to uncover - often resulting in a retreating from oneself in many areas.

So how does one go about changing this ?

Even though I've been a cultivator for many years, I carry a lot of anger and hatred.

So much so, that some people who I really hate, I wish would die a horrible death.

I've even visualised myself performing the gruesome act !

Having said that, there is a paradox. I'm really a happy person inside most of the time.

Maybe my recent foray into binaural beats, theta waves and isochronic tones can make subtle changes, by switching on my pineal gland, thereby changing the frequencies in my mind. Who knows ?

• Like 1

I'm with you on that, lifeforce. People can sometimes present huge challenges to our cultivation!

It's hard to think of this in the moment it's happening, but perhaps these aren't really obstacles so much as they are things to overcome...things that strengthen our cultivation, if we can figure out in the moment how to navigate them.

There is a time when the rage is starting, where we have a choice to make. The easiest choice is to become enraged and think of all the ways we're justified in it...imagining hacking the person to pieces. The harder choice is to walk away and focus on other things.

The Buddhists say that we should watch our body speech and mind. Even our thoughts should be good. I say this, despite the fact that I myself imagined killing an offending person multiple ways just this past week.  :( 

The higher we go, the harder we fall, and the more care and responsibility we have to take. The path can be a choice...are we spiritual beings with noble ideals, or are we merely physical beings who react? Which lifestyle do we choose in those defining moments?

I think it's probably good to be honest enough with ourselves that we would dearly love to kill someone.  As long as we don't actually do it of course :).  I don't mean its ok to be angry but it is understandable.  I think we get a lot of 'material' from our parents and grandparents, we have our own experiences in a fucked up world interacting with fucked up people and even the food we eat and air we breathe can import some disturbing chemicals and so on.  So there's plenty of toxicity around.  the worst thing to do would be to pretend not to be angry, especially that 'spiritual' calm which hides a lot of tension.  At least with honesty we've got something to work with.  Beyond that though if we are cultivators then we have to cultivate - which means restoring balance to our subtle bodies.  Doing practices to purify ourselves and also to reverse the flow of heated emotions - that is our responsibility.  And one of the early steps in this is to prevent whatever toxicity there is in us spilling out over those we interact with.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

So how does one go about changing this ?

Even though I've been a cultivator for many years, I carry a lot of anger and hatred.

So much so, that some people who I really hate, I wish would die a horrible death.

I've even visualised myself performing the gruesome act !

Having said that, there is a paradox. I'm really a happy person inside most of the time.

Maybe my recent foray into binaural beats, theta waves and isochronic tones can make subtle changes, by switching on my pineal gland, thereby changing the frequencies in my mind. Who knows ?

This is key work and an important question.

among the most effective ways are the undermining of the fuels and patterns. We take into our systems through the media "hate radio" and "outrage" radio. Fox "news" penetrates us with buttons and solidifies positions of reaction. Our mind frequently recites things over and over in endless mind loops - this is actual winding of our life force over an inner core idea or picture - we create amplifiers of these core pictures that brighten way beyond their importance when electrified by resonance that is close to their frequency.

Eliminating this intake of such media, most headline news and the daily death reports we are so fond of can be very beneficial if this has really set up in your system.

Mind looping is the single easiest thing to catch yourself in but getting the monkey mind to lay down this fundamental tool for entertaining you and making the notion that it is steering your life in a well supported and justified direction is something that the driver of your life will not want to lay down without a fight. It (the you that is not you) will want to keep the distractions that support it going. Distraction and indulgence are everything to this setup - and the constant manufacture of amplifying thought-forms that resonate with its willfulness.

When you hear you mind winding thoughts - stop. Lay it down.

When you feel yourself in a conversation bulging at the seems waiting for someone to finish in order to blurt out your well informed blurt - stop. Lay it down or at the very least recognize it is a regurgitated response from your repository of reactive "proudly original" responses. See it for what it is - the robot you have been creating to support the distraction and indulgence - the noise - the buzz.

Society nurtures this buzz - it is expected of you if you are so bold as to have voice - the best buzz "wins". Lay it down.

Qi Gong and Yoga "real yoga" are two of the most powerful systems for breaking up patterns. Changing ones diet is perhaps the most powerful - particularly here in the west where every form of "stuff that is ingestible" is laying around within easy striking distance. Coffee, alchohol and other forms of sugar would be the big three - refined foods are typically amalgams of these sources - stimulants + sugars + glues and cosmetics.

A realization that the one who you have allowed to rein your life is a group of patterns no more "awake" than the other set of patterns you are in resistance to. When it wells up in you the wish to grab someone by the hair and pound their head into the pavement - realize the they are as much seized by a pattern as you are - yours is not superior or inferior - it is essentially asleep. Automata - robot.

The entire world is a robotic maze of sleep walking reactionary thoughtforms set within mesh networks of "like minded" frequencies.

Many - most - of us feed off the nearest resonance that lights up similar "tuning forks" within us - and hate is hate, same tuning fork, so it does not matter if you are a republican or a democrate, a fundamentalist or an atheist - same tuning fork of frequency - automated resonance and the induction of energy to all supporting causes and positions and avenues of energy flow.

Lay it down - change the diet of food and media.

Meditate long hours if you can or even better - regular hours. Meditation or practice at a regular time is very powerful.

Forces within you will come to know that time and all the forces in the universe that would help you will come to be aware of that time as well.

Come to cultivate the awareness of stillness. Truly see the plant or the fence or the rug as no different from you. What you have regarded as bath water to be thrown out - their is no bath water - everything is precious.

See the willfulness in anger - it is always willfulness - lay it down.

You cannot smell the roses in willfulness.

It is not possible to be in neutrality in willfulness.

It is possible to be blinded by willfulness - so completely blinded that you wake up from having killed someone and you don't really know what happened. You can spend the rest of your life in jail wondering how the robot you call you got so out of hand.

This is all part of the buzz - the all incredibly important buzz - which is of no importance at all. it does not actually exist because none of it exists in the moment. When you are out of it the inertia is not there pounding on you for future/past planning and reproach.

You leave behind the trophies and the vendettas.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Re:

-----

"So how does one go about changing this ?
I've even visualised myself performing the gruesome act !"

-----

This may be a measure of our Freedom.

Are we free to accept both sides of coin, or are we trying to catch coin that has only one side?

Even if we try to cut off one side by force, this is producing two sides again.

Why are we not free to see and understand everything?

And how could we believe that exclusion would produce freedom?

Aren't "bad" ideas just as informative as "good" ideas?

And even in our "best" exchanges with others, are we not also exchanging bacteria and viruses?

And if we make each other sick while complimenting each other, isn't this also informative and useful to us?

And even people who are actively opposing and subjugating us - are they not also teaching us the deeper aspects of Freedom?

Our Freedom may not depend so much on what we can put off, put down, avoid, or kill - but on what we can freely accept and use.

-VonKrankenhaus

Well it takes time to weed stuff out like intense anger.

For me it works by leaving low vibrational areas like being with too many self centered people.

Also intentionally working on wishing everyone the best.

I got a gift from the divine to channel divinity directly into people which works wonders for both others and myself.

Wrathful deities are just as divine. I liken myself to a wrathful deity in my inner nature. You can be fully conscious- superconscious- and also a wrathful deity, wrapped in bliss and righteous wrath, a full Mahasiddha, shaking people out of their illusions like one shaking a tree full of mad monkeys! Come back to the Earth, you deluded ones! Its all a Divine Play, and we are all Buddhas in a Buddhaverse....

Oh yeah, even the deluded are Buddhas. 'Deluded Buddha' - I like the sound of that! Maybe I'll brew a new type of beer and name it such.

No, I would show you me, but I have to find exactly the right image....that one is close though...

• Like 1

It is a matter of degree. Sometimes I am unified, sometimes not. When you are enlightened, you are enlightened, when you are not, your not. There was a time when Buddha was taking a nap during the day, because he wasn't feeling well. One of his fellow monks complained. His response was real excusatory. I don't remember exactly what it was, but maybe one of the boards Buddhaphiles might...I would personally not have even been moved by another's judgment, now that's being unified! A wrathful deity just is, and don't make excuses. That's what non-separation is, when others' judgments no longer pull at your heart strings. Being true to ones own nature. Even being pulled in two directions is being true to ones own natures. Being two, or three, or more, is equally valid. I am what I say I am, if not, why would I say I am? I am what you say I am, if not, why would you say I am? There are always, and will forever be, multiple versions of each of us in the minds if humans and animals and plants and things. This one cannot be known.