Henchman21

Personal Practice Discussion Thread Request

On 7/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, Mote said:

mote here, requesting a PPD please. Thank you.

Done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, steve said:

What specific subforums would you like?
Once I create the them, I believe you'll be able to migrate your threads as desired.

There may be some trial and error.

Not sure I'll get to it tonight but should be soon.

Thanks

Here are the titles for each sub-forum:

"Outer Haven", 

"Neo-Tokyo",

"Sparta",

"Walden",

“Phobos”,

"Neverwhere",

"Xanadu"

AND

"Visitor Center and Visa Applications"

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Here are the titles for each sub-forum:

"Outer Haven", 

"Neo-Tokyo",

"Sparta",

"Walden",

“Phobos”,

"Neverwhere",

"Xanadu"

AND

"Visitor Center and Visa Applications"

Got it, you should be good.

Let me know.

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steve said:

Got it, you should be good.

Let me know.

Enjoy

A thousand blessings and thanks upon you, your family, and loved ones (especially your dogs) for your expeditious efforts!

• Haha 1

Just now, Earl Grey said:

A thousand blessings and thanks upon you, your family, and loved ones (especially your dogs) for your expeditious efforts!

My pleasure... 

I, my family, my loved ones, and my dogs in particular are humbled by your gratitude...

:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Taomeow said:

@Earl Grey  See, it worked!  The reverse spell that is! :D 

As an incorrigible muggle, I prefer a less magical explanation; namely, that the mod team fully intended to expedite Earl´s request from the beginning and Steve did so at his first opportunity.  But perhaps we are just lowly automatons mindlessly doing the spellmaster´s bidding.  ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Three cheers for Steve & tech support.  They got the new PPD's up and running. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Moderator Notice

PPD housekeeping is in process.

If you have not used your PPD in the past 2 years and would like it to remain active, please post in it ASAP, post here, or send me a message.

PPD's are being moved to the "zzzz - Sleeping PPD's" sub-forum if they are:

Inactive

Empty

Belong to inactive members

Thank you for your attention

• Like 5

13 hours ago, steve said:

Moderator Notice

PPD housekeeping is in process.

If you have not used your PPD in the past 2 years and would like it to remain active, please post in it ASAP, post here, or send me a message.

PPD's are being moved to the "zzzz - Sleeping PPD's" sub-forum if they are:

Inactive

Empty

Belong to inactive members

Thank you for your attention

What is the motivation to move a valid member's PPD to disappear?   Why not move all threads older than 2 years to be hidden?  I hope the latter idea proves a point that this makes no sense.   A PPD is more of a members deepest concerns to share but you want to now hide that.   

I'd worry more about inactive sign ups... in the past, it caused the database to grow to 50,000 members when only about 5,000 posted.  This was all removed and cleaned up.   I suspect it has now grown to 10,000 or more with most non-members.  Go into the members signed up and see who posted or not.  The historical handling was to remove anyone who registered but never posted.  Otherwise, you start paying for a bigger database for non-existent members.  Who is paying that ? Why not maintain it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dawei said:

The historical handling was to remove anyone who registered but never posted.  Otherwise, you start paying for a bigger database for non-existent members.  Who is paying that ? Why not maintain it. 

A lot of sock puppet accounts are here, and members who partook in the mass exodus to Original Dao also pretty much only come here to see what's going on and then chat in their private members-only forum about what's going on here. I also note there may be other people here for less than noble reasons, posing as "lurkers" but I've interacted with them to find questionable intent such as one who keeps looking at my profile every day and has only ever posted a couple times, once to the welcome thread and once to just link to rum soaked fist. 

7 hours ago, dawei said:

What is the motivation to move a valid member's PPD to disappear?   Why not move all threads older than 2 years to be hidden?  I hope the latter idea proves a point that this makes no sense.   A PPD is more of a members deepest concerns to share but you want to now hide that.   

Nothing will disappear or be hidden, simply moved here - https://www.thedaobums.com/forum/284-zzzzz-sleeping-ppds/ where they remain intact and easily accessible. 

The motivation is to limit the number of unused and inactive PPD's one must scroll through, particularly on a mobile device.

It's for the convenience of the active membership.

These PPD's can easily be moved back to the active roster if requested.

7 hours ago, dawei said:

I'd worry more about inactive sign ups... in the past, it caused the database to grow to 50,000 members when only about 5,000 posted.  This was all removed and cleaned up.   I suspect it has now grown to 10,000 or more with most non-members.  Go into the members signed up and see who posted or not.  The historical handling was to remove anyone who registered but never posted.  Otherwise, you start paying for a bigger database for non-existent members.  Who is paying that ? Why not maintain it. 

Thanks for the tip. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steve said:

Nothing will disappear or be hidden, simply moved here - https://www.thedaobums.com/forum/284-zzzzz-sleeping-ppds/ where they remain intact and easily accessible. 

The motivation is to limit the number of unused and inactive PPD's one must scroll through, particularly on a mobile device.

It's for the convenience of the active membership.

These PPD's can easily be moved back to the active roster if requested.

I think it would be worth noting as well, this present action was a member request (made in the new mod team thread). And the sleeping ppd area isn’t something just now being created, but already existing and now being utilized again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

A lot of sock puppet accounts are here, and members who partook in the mass exodus to Original Dao also pretty much only come here to see what's going on and then chat in their private members-only forum about what's going on here. I also note there may be other people here for less than noble reasons, posing as "lurkers" but I've interacted with them to find questionable intent such as one who keeps looking at my profile every day and has only ever posted a couple times, once to the welcome thread and once to just link to rum soaked fist. 

Sure, I know this as it was likely the most time consuming part of staff... The newer version made it much more difficult but we figured out some methods to determine puppet accounts.

Hi new mod team, doing God's own work. Mind if I grab my own PPD? Mostly so I don't spam the forums with my ravings and odd thoughts. 

19 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Hi new mod team, doing God's own work. Mind if I grab my own PPD? Mostly so I don't spam the forums with my ravings and odd thoughts. 

Not at all, shouldn’t take long.

Odd ravings are our bread and butter!

• Thanks 1

Howdy new honchos! 

Is my PPJ sleeping? 

If so, kindly wake her up so I can see if I still agree with myself - and if she's been nuked, that's okay too because I probably don't.

Thanks!  :)

4 minutes ago, rene said:

Howdy new honchos! 

Is my PPJ sleeping? 

If so, kindly wake her up so I can see if I still agree with myself - and if she's been nuked, that's okay too because I probably don't.

Thanks!  :)

Hey rene!

Nice to see you around.

I’ll take care of it, should all be there just napping.

• Like 2

Hey Steve, not sure how to create these.  Could you create one for @Sketch.  He needs a place to hang some art work.

Thanks.

Could I have one please?

I'll use it to attempt to explain the Jungian Shadow theory and its practical application, which might be a resource that would shed some light on various issues that appear to interfere with the fundamental purpose of this forum.

Edit:

Changed my mind, I'll start a topic in General Discussion.

Edited by Giles
  • Like 1

Dear dawei,

Can i have my ppd, too? Thank you for your for work me in advance if i will.

Edited by Damla