Henchman21

Personal Practice Discussion Thread Request

6 minutes ago, emptycup said:

Hi Kar3n, it's strange. When I clicked the link it said I don't have permission to access the journal. Can I ask support how to post? Thank you!!

You were still a junior bum. You should have access now. :)

• Like 2

I'd like to be able to get all these formatting things hashed out before I send out some information to some folks - perhaps the easiest way to dev this is to awaken my sleeping ppd.

42 minutes ago, joeblast said:

I'd like to be able to get all these formatting things hashed out before I send out some information to some folks - perhaps the easiest way to dev this is to awaken my sleeping ppd.

It is now awake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kar3n said:

It is now awake.

this is extremely irksome having zero control over the granular bits of formatting.  it inserts links where it thinks there should be links, doesnt care that I want it to be an image; but some of the images it says oh, I see you have an image here, I'll let you display one.  I dont like that other one over there, however, and I'll only let you URL it.  :rolleyes:  whomever designed this editor deserves a beating with a rubber hose.  what happened to the button where one could reveal the formatting code and edit it directly?  is it assumed that people are too stupid to be trusted with little bits of simple formatting code???  its not even that some image codes are http and others are https - they're all https, and it likes some, doesnt like others, despite their being inserted into the text area in exactly the same manner!

smh

it appears that I have to remove all formatting on that which I paste in, and then go back and redo the formatting using the editor's....oh, there's no image insert, so I have to paste in the image link, remove formatting, then readd image formatting.  *shakes head* 

(I'm not quite so much bitching about it as accepting it is what it is, and revealing my thought process and conclusions, so that staff can have the benefit of my experiences here in order to assist when others inevitably ask these questions.  :) )

well, I'm glad to have that out of my way now - enjoy the uber intellectualized INTPified description, hahahaha :)  (no, its really not that complicated, despite my taking so many words...)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

Well, Joeblast, just goes to show you that you can't always get what you what but, ...

a determined mind will usually find a way to get there anyway ;)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Well, Joeblast, just goes to show you that you can't always get what you what but, ...

one may get what they need...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joeblast said:

(I'm not quite so much bitching about it as accepting it is what it is, and revealing my thought process and conclusions, so that staff can have the benefit of my experiences here in order to assist when others inevitably ask these questions.  :) )

Staff hears you loud and clear... I was testing V4 a year before we upgraded and I was aghast at how they turned the permissions, security, ACP upside down with no regard to some historically simple functionality.

For example:

1. Permissions we have been using for years no longer work... they claim that it was removed intentionally but won't really say why.  We did submit 2 bugs but I had to accept there was only 1 bug as 1 was 'intentional'.

2. There is no longer a group called validating or banning...  I guess they felt these are not what they wanted to fall under the definition of 'members'.

3. Editor stuff as you found.

4. ACP lost so much functionality, its not even worth trying to explain.

Good to share and ask questions on the new version as it is frustrating to try and figure out where some functionality went. 

BTW:  Button to reveal formatting code...   intentionally removed  :ph34r:

• Like 2