Sign in to follow this  
Stosh

facebook friends

I know , I know,, im just asking some. Tech savvy people, ,,Why the heck do I keep getting friend notifications from facebook when im not on there? Nine people at a time may want to friend me?? How tf would they even know I exist??

• Like 1

I realize I should have written more, but don't know how to explain easily, There'll be suspicious signs - like some link or email address that's not really facebook.com but look-a-like. It'll differ from notifications that Facebook sends, textually, hard to find if you are not receiving those though, or it will include strange wording - either obviously written by someone whose English is not best, or wording that wouldn't appear in email from corporation like Facebook.  Finally you can view email headers and investigate those but that's a bit advanced, eg. with this tool: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/messageheader/

But I'd bet it'd same like with those Paypal emails I get every day that claim I sold something on Ebay and just received a payment for it.

And how they got the address - easily if you are not very careful online, and if you are very careful - someone hacked forum you were member of couple years back that had your email address on file, or one of your friens that has your address in their contact list got pc infected by virus that copied the contact list and sent it to the server of virus authors, etc.

Edited by Leif
  • Like 1

I know , I know,, im just asking some. Tech savvy people, ,,Why the heck do I keep getting friend notifications from facebook when im not on there? Nine people at a time may want to friend me?? How tf would they even know I exist??

possibly your email address is in the address book of someone you know who is on FB ... if you are not careful FB will try to friend everyone on it ... look to see which names it says you might know for a clue.

• Like 1

I clicked the url and saw several people I do know there in the facebook listing, but theres a pile I have no clue who they are. I considered just friend requesting everyone so if they did want to say something, they could. But I dont know if that would turn into a big hassle.

Its just so many damn people I wondered , where do all these people know of me from? Tb`s ?

Edited by Stosh

I joined FB about 6(?) years ago and then immediately never used it...many years later did a group for a very short time and went back to never using it.   I constantly get notices to this day from random people.

Double a penny in 30 days and you get 5 million...  such is the interconnection of the WWW...

• Like 1

I clicked the url and saw several people I do know there in the facebook listing, but theres a pile I have no clue who they are. I considered just friend requesting everyone so if they did want to say something, they could. But I dont know if that would turn into a big hassle.

Its just so many damn people I wondered , where do all these people know of me from? Tb`s ?

They are probably friends of friends of friends ... that's how it works by extending your net wider.  Just designate them spam and junk the lot if you are not interested ... definitely do not reply it will only encourage them ...

• Like 1

Once ... once ... I went on facebook to try to find an old friend.

There are some people I never want to see or hear from again, and I dont ...  but I get messages from their friend's relatives in-laws that facebook thinks I might want to be friends with as I somehow 'know' them. 

So when I see the original people in the street I shake my fist at them and call out "Fuck you and your facebook friends ! "

(nah .... but  I would like to      :closedeyes: )

• Like 2

Once ... once ... I went on facebook to try to find an old friend.

There are some people I never want to see or hear from again, and I dont ...  but I get messages from their friend's relatives in-laws that facebook thinks I might want to be friends with as I somehow 'know' them. 

So when I see the original people in the street I shake my fist at them and call out "Fuck you and your facebook friends ! "

(nah .... but  I would like to      :closedeyes: )

I had a real friend once ... well I call him a friend ... it was some guy I met on a bus ... we chatted like we knew each other for ten minutes... then he got off ... never saw him again ... such is life.

• Like 2

Good for you !  I was told people think I am strange as I will, at times, engage with a stranger as if they were a close friend.

I noticed older people dont seem to mind ...   One old lady I 'joked' with in the supermarket  threatened me with her walking stick ( a  non-verbal joke about her not getting out of my way fast enough) . Then I saw  her at the bakers and walked around her protecting my head and groin ... and she laughed. Dont know who she was.

Then leaving town, I saw her  waiting to crossing the road , so I stopped for her   and she threatened my car with her stick :) 

Some people are a bit uptight.    ... or tight up ... whatever one prefers. 

But facebook can be very handy apparently ....   here is what I had for lunch;

cheese.jpg

(The missing bit had to get sent to the tax office . ) 

• Like 1

But facebook can be very handy apparently ....   here is what I had for lunch;

cheese.jpg

(The missing bit had to get sent to the tax office . ) 

Cheese is good but can always be improved:

article-2225194-15C1F31A000005DC-400_634

... with pickle.  A bit like friendship.  You can be sweet, you can be sour, you can be cheesey.  Butter your friends up, spread some happiness but occasionally be a little crusty.

Have you noticed how symbolic everything is?  Maybe God is a grocer?

Edited by Apech
  • Like 2

I hadnt. But now that I see some symbols, im wondering why the cheese if its not butter, is cut in those angle shapes.

• Like 1

Well I like Facebook! It's helped me keep in contact with plenty of good friends....its a good service...

Sign in to follow this