voidisyinyang

new Damo Mitchell Neidan book

anybody get an energy healing from Damo Mitchell - does he have the third eye fully open? I kind of doubt it since there would be testimonials from people getting healed by him or something - that energy just kicks out.

The first healing Chunyi did in Minnesota was on the cat of his basketball friend - the friend was changing into basketball clothes and explained the cat was deaf. When he came back upstairs - the cat could hear! haha. Chunyi just sent chi into the cats ears. haha.

So I'm just saying - fully opened third eye and you feel that compassion and do healings.

Or maybe you are some secret immortal.

I'm looking forward to his new book, I also have all his previous books.

Damo once said in a Q&A that the way to enlightenment is really body-centric, so he focuses a lot on neigong. I'm finding more and more each day that Damo is right, the process starts and is fueled by focusing on cleansing, aligning, stretching, relaxing and conditioning the body.

I feel like I'm getting to witness how Damo is growing into an adept, like how his focus is steadily shifting from neigong to neidan. He is young still and I'm younger than him, so I look up to him as a role-model and I'm looking forward to the culmination of his efforts decades hence.

Of course the Neidan purists would cry foul over Damo's neidan methods of concentrating on cavities and igniting dantien fires, but I think the purists are being hypercritical and I've found that they tend to be dogmatic and they avoid questions that exposes their bias.

Damo learned some of his Neidan knowledge on Mt. Wudang, and shares a lot of the LMP practices like ping heng gong.

I hope to attend both Damo and Wang Liping's seminars in the future.

• Like 6

I'm looking forward to his new book, I also have all his previous books.

Damo once said in a Q&A that the way to enlightenment is really body-centric, so he focuses a lot on neigong. I'm finding more and more each day that Damo is right, the process starts and is fueled by focusing on cleansing, aligning, stretching, relaxing and conditioning the body.

this is good, and he made some considerable efforts to break the common opinion about "spiritual practices", because usually people think only about meditation.

I feel like I'm getting to witness how Damo is growing into an adept, like how his focus is steadily shifting from neigong to neidan. He is young still and I'm younger than him, so I look up to him as a role-model and I'm looking forward to the culmination of his efforts decades hence.

I really would like to witness such things as well, but so far I see nothing positive in this direction. Maybe I don't know something, but he is a public person, with a lot of pictures, articles and videos, so same as with Wang Liping, it's really easy to see and compare with real adepts.

Of course the Neidan purists would cry foul over Damo's neidan methods of concentrating on cavities and igniting dantien fires, but I think the purists are being hypercritical and I've found that they tend to be dogmatic and they avoid questions that exposes their bias.

Maybe those purists don't really see any questions: people don't do any researches, just trying to find a way that satisfy their personal, corrupted by the modern society, taste. There is nothing wrong with that, but it's just emotions and lack of information. When Daoists speak about xiangu (the immortal bone), they speak about it ;-\

About "alchemical fire process": this is the one of the most complex things in Neidan. And the most secret one. So let's wait until Damo or Innersoundqigong will "open source" it. So far I see just "igniting dantien fires" and "quick fire drills" ))) So I prefer to be dogmatic and learn from people who has real results, parallel with Neidan books, describing results of the "fire processes". Btw, such dogmatic approach can save your life, and many-many years of your youth time. But "people prefer side routes" (Lao Zi), prefer to learn on their own mistakes, so I don't really insist and can wait.

• Like 4

About "alchemical fire process": this is the one of the most complex things in Neidan. And the most secret one. So let's wait until Damo or Innersoundqigong will "open source" it.

That's hilarious.

I love when people ask fake questions because they "secretly" know the answer and just want to test you - but they'll never tell the real answer.

People think this is some Socratic Method but in fact it is a fake Socratic Method. haha.

A forum is for positively sharing information.

But thinks for reminding us you secretly know the answer - that is really informative! haha.

Another thing is your school claims only 100 days of celibacy is enough and then you recommended Wang Mu's book which, like Taoist Yoga also states celibacy is necessary throughout the immortality training.

Yet you see it unnecessary to justify your position that not being celibate is o.k. while you pursue immortality.

And you didn't even comment on the content of Wang Mu's book after I posted the information from reading it. Hilarious!

So when Damo Mitchell's Neidan book comes out - I guess the reaction will be similar.

haha. You here give faint praise for it - just like you did for Wang Mu but when I took you up on your recommendation - your reaction - a litany of verbally abusive ad hominems against me.

Nice discussion there!

hahaha.

That's hilarious.

I love when people ask fake questions because they "secretly" know the answer and just want to test you - but they'll never tell the real answer.

People think this is some Socratic Method but in fact it is a fake Socratic Method. haha.

A forum is for positively sharing information.

But thinks for reminding us you secretly know the answer - that is really informative! haha.

as usual, you can't read what is written. I haven't implied that I personally know something or don't know. I shared the information as it exists in traditional schools. And there it is secret, and it's valuable info for some people who can read.

Another thing is your school claims only 100 days of celibacy is enough and then you recommended Wang Mu's book which, like Taoist Yoga also states celibacy is necessary throughout the immortality training.

Yet you see it unnecessary to justify your position that not being celibate is o.k. while you pursue immortality.

And you didn't even comment on the content of Wang Mu's book after I posted the information from reading it. Hilarious!

So when Damo Mitchell's Neidan book comes out - I guess the reaction will be similar.

haha. You here give faint praise for it - just like you did for Wang Mu but when I took you up on your recommendation - your reaction - a litany of verbally abusive ad hominems against me.

Nice discussion there!

hahaha.

I don't discuss sacred things with people like you... I replied to SecretGrotto, because other good people can have similar misunderstandings. All your fantasies about celibacy, "penis ionizaton", "glands", "quick fire drill", "Lao Zi touching my teacher" etc I've already commented, even in those Wang Mu thread. You fool yourself by picking quotes that support your opinion, but you're also fooling others. That's bad. Your problem is not in celibacy or horse stance, but in your misunderstanding of very basic things (jing - qi - shen - dao). It's ok, when people don't understand, they ask. But your attitude is way different: "haha, hahaha, hilarious, Taoist Yoga in my misinterpretation of mistranslated text is definitely the only truth ". Ok, no probs, but you get back what you deserve.

And you didn't really read what I and other people wrote you about celibacy, so I think you will continue your kilometres of "shared experience" until you "run out" of yuan jing. Then maybe you'll be able to recall what I said, but I really don't care.

The main obstacle on Neidan path is not a "secrecy" you cry as crazy on every corner, but people's inability to focus on details and absence of a sincere clear intention to get into the tradition. Without it any book and any teacher are useless. 

Edited by opendao
  • Like 1

On the contrary you tried to discuss Taoist Yoga with me but you lied about that book three times, as I proved.

So yeah I can see why you wouldn't want to discuss.

Besides as you admit - I am "open source" -

while you, ironically with the name "OpenDao" - rely on ad hominems and appeal to secret authority as your "discussion."

Oh yeah - and "negative advertising" as TaoistTexts pointed out. haha.

Hilarious!

Oh too funny.

So yeah - I know you need to support your non-celibate immortal lifestyle! haha.

While me being celibate can be "open source."

How ironic indeed! haha.

• Like 1

Your answer was some teachers require no celibacy.

Care to give some names?

Any "photos" of them?

haha. Hilarious!

Or more appeal to secret authority?

Kidney yin is post-natal essence - essential fluids.

Kidney yang function is to heat, closely related to ming huo - life fire.

kidney yang causes the post-natal essence to go the "other way" - to convert jing into qi.

17 mns of part 1, Damo Mitchell.

kidney yang reacts with post-natal jing to form qi - to create energy in the body.

http://www.scholarsage.com/yang-qi-and-yuan-jing-part-2/

Kidney yang enables the qi to move through the body.

qi is converted to shen to stillness

We have the potential for this information to be circulated through our body via the meridian system.

We have congenital and acquired aspects of our body.

Yuan qi is from Yuan Jing.

Yuan Shen is quite confusing.

Yuan qi is stored within a system of three chambers within your energetic body that circulates it.

Yuan qi gives you the health of the organs.

Some of this original yuan qi will convert to acquired qi.

We also have the qi that comes from our food and our air.

O.K. at 10:17 of Part 2 - Damo Mitchell draws a conversion arrow of acquired qi back into Yuan Qi and a conversion arrow of yuan qi into acquired qi - thereby corroborating Taoist Yoga.

Food and Air is a source of Qi - our body through exercises uses up most of that qi.

The mind, the Yi, can lead the Qi and change the qi.

If we don't believe that there's no point in doing qigong.

The mind can cause this qi to change - the key way is through the emotional states.

Information from the mind changes the emotion to change the quality of the information going through us.

http://www.scholarsage.com/yang-qi-and-yuan-jing-part-3/

Yuan Qi sits around the yuan points around wrists and ankles - so it's good to flex and move the wrists and ankles.

The blood is yin and nourishes the yin organs and depends on the quality of the food and air and the quality of the heart and lungs in particular.

Heart damaged by emotions and lungs by the air and emotions and work closely together.

Emotions can be silenced through our breath to some extent since the diaphragm is connected to the pericardium, the fascia surrounding the heart.

By slowing and evening out the breath you quiet the emotions and also change your mind.

The ying qi can then move through the blood and nourish the body better.

The spleen (Yi - intention) converts food qi into brain qi - Gu Qi.

The Spleen sends the pure energetic essence of Gu Qi up to the Lungs, where (with the help of Yuan Qi and Kidney Qi) it combines with air and transforms into Zong Qi.... The Lungs and Kidney mutually assist each other via Zong Qi and Yuan Qi. Zong Qi flows downward to aid the Kidneys while Yuan Qi flows upward to aid in respiration (and the formation of Zong Qi).

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/the-concept-of-qi-part-1

So there you have the details of how yuan qi is replenished - the proper Yi intention of the spleen increases the gu qi which increases the zong qi which increases the yuan qi.

In modern terms, Brain Gu encompasses conditions like....It is part of the very definition of Gu that a general state of deficiency precedes infection—especially spleen qi deficiency, which specifically enables wind and damp influences to breach a person’s defenses and enter into their system. It is quite typical that someone with Brain Gu simultaneously also suffers from Digestive Gu, or the other way around. Either way, it is part of the definition of Gu Syndrome that proper mental functioning is affected in some way.

http://www.classicalchinesemedicine.org/2014/06/an-ancient-solution-for-modern-diseases-gu-syndrome-and-chronic-inflammatory-diseases-with-autoimmune-complications/

Gu Qi – Food Qi or Food Essence Substance produced from food by the body (in TCM, Spleen). Replenishes Yuan Qi

http://veterinarycalendar.dvm360.com/qi-acupuncture-points-and-energy-meridians-proceedings?rel=canonical

confirmation there.

I can;t wait for the new book either. Damo is excellent and his teaching method and materials ring true. It's about self-empowerment, not so much about transmissions or healing. As far as I know, he doesn't offer healings (though does practice Acupuncture amongst other things - he is running a 2.5 year course in traditional Daoist acupunture/healing therapies starting next year.) His material is hard, and the neigong is long hard work. There are no quick fixes. There are indeed alot of similarities with the Longmen Pai methods, and one of the first goals of the school's neigong is to activiate the lower dantien. Though without a background of good solid qigong/dao yin practices, this will be hard. Hence the need for the hard hours doing standing and moving exercises.

You can see his neigong syllabus on the Lotus neigong website, to get an idea of what is involved.

Another thing is that Damo is honest and modest - he acknowledges that he is still a student, still learning. But he is much further ahead than most of us, which makes him an ideal teacher.

He is good at summarising and teaching the core truths of the practices from different schools, without the obfuscation and mysteries which are often present. RTead his books and you'll understand what I mean.

• Like 3

Did anyone make any kind of progress with his niegong book ?

I worked with it for a while and did not find it very effective to be honest.

Yes, but to be honest it ojnly clicked for me once I attended a Foundations weekend course...covers the material in the first book but there is a lot that isn't in the book... (such as the stretching warmups, the correct wuji stance, the yi during the qigong exercises, using centre of gravity and breathing to locate the LDT etc)

Having said that, I got great results from the qigong exercises and the sung breathing even before the course... maybe it depends what you are after/looking for? One thing tp be aware of is that the book doesn't labour the point of how long it takes and how hard you should work to get results (although to be fair Damo does state it a few times in casual sentences which the reader tends to overlook.) These are practices (LDT awareness/ji ben qigong/sung breathing) you need to work daily with for months upon months to get to deeper levels, and then it would depend on your personal conditions (level of blockages, previous qigong/meditation work, stretching.) Sometimes the book reads too fast, as if these are practices that you can progress through in weeks. Maybe they are, if you have a solid enough foundation!

• Like 3

His neigong book is not easy in a sense that it is not easy to figure out the main points and focus of practice. I had exactly the same opinion of it as you when I first read it in 2012. For some reason I kept returning to the book and now I find it of great deepness. The Sung Breathing alone is worth a lot.

As for his teaching, I understand he positions himself in the mainstream with neigong of open/close, lengthening, and pulsing, emphasis on the spine and shoulder blades, not so much of spiraling even though I'm sure he know a lot about spiraling as he studied Feng's Hunyuan Taiji. In neidan he is again in the mainstream with the version of Lu Dong Bing's Golden Flower.

• Like 3