Songtsan

Why don't 'high level' beings post on internet forums?

...to make themselves more accessible? Like why can't the Dalai Lama, Thich Nat Hanh, or name your person who is wise and learned spend time in a more easily accessible format? Why does it all seem so materialistic sometimes? As in, come spend $2500 on a 7 day retreat or some such, in order to get this teaching or attunement....I'm confused. If they really wanted to end suffering, it seems like they would be more open, available, forthcoming. In this age of easily transmitted information, the Buddhas should be speaking through the mouths of all channelers.

When you fancy an apple, you cannot simply wish for the apple to suddenly appear in your hand. Even if one is in your grasp, you still have to make the personal effort to bite it. Even biting it is not enough, for you then have to make the effort to chew it. And then, make the effort to swallow it. Does it end there? No. Your system continues to process the work even though your conscious desire for gratification seem to have been somewhat pacified. 

Therefore, even if a million buddhas manifest themselves and interact with everyone throughout the universe, ultimately, the individual will still have to make the effort for his or her own salvation. 

• Like 6

I knew something like that would come....LOL.

The thing is, there are so many people out there struggling just to get by...I am not one of them. If I wanted to go see so and so teacher bad enough, believe you me I would get to them! What if you are a paraplegic living on SSI who wanted to talk to the Dalai Lama? I suppose one could write a letter, and it might make it...anyways, consider this post a prayer to the most enlightened being in the world to make themself available for all to talk to. Who out there is closest to 'God?' - inquiring minds want to know....

Theres only so much you can tell someone, especailly over a forum where the tone and quality of what you say is completely lost...

and heaven forbid the Lama finds his bloodboiling in a flame war with a nameless troll who doesnt really believe it is the Dalai Lama and keeps asking for pics.

• Like 4

To be a high level master requires guarding your energy and building it up. So that's why such masters are less common. Even the Dalai Lama is from a sect that are not yoga masters - but rather focused more on intellectual studies and mind meditation.

So then the real masters don't need to go out "looking" for information interaction - in fact computers mess with the energy as writing is a left-brain dominant process and computers are a right-hand dominant technology.

So actually  - there was a huge gathering of Tibetan refugees for the Dalai Lama to speak to them - and he decided to just not go - and so many people had spent a lot of energy to get there to see him.

So then in the West spiritual energy has been commodified - and this was true in  China even as the book "Qigong Fever" documents.

So the idea - is a pay to play system like a pyramid scheme - is how cults are set up - the more you pay - the more access you have to the spiritual master.

But since spirituality can not be measured - there's  a lot of fake spiritual masters out there. haha.

So if a person just made themselves readily available - they would 1) overuse their energy way too easily. 2) no longer have any market value since they are not rare in supply.

Otherwise if people just rely on donations - the world is based on materialism now and so most people are not interesting in donating.

Finally because of so many fake spiritual masters then the donations are easily misused as a racket.

On the other hand if people have to pay a lot to experience the spiritual master's energy - this motivates a person to focus their energy on the meditation training - so they don't waste the money and energy.

The way I figure is it a fragile balance - like drugs are expensive because they are illegal.

Spiritual training is expensive because our whole culture is against spirituality.

It's a similar situation. For example a Wall St. prostitute gets paid $1000 an hour - which is more than a good qigong master typical makes.

But personally I would make rather experience the energy of a good qigong master.

Now - legalize prostitution and I bet that Wall ST. prostitute is not going to make as much money. haha.

My point is that real spiritual training is not really legal either in the West since our whole culture is based on the concept that "sex sells" whereas real spiritual training is based on celibacy of both mind and body.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365380402/

Besides the world is so fundmentally messed up - and I attribute the basic cause to male human primate ejaculation addiction causing a stressed out cortisol spike and a delusional belief in the materialistic control of infinity - so by creating an deep disharmony on Earth.

The original human culture was based on sharing everything - so that "Hoarding the N/om" was considered wrong - but even still all the males went off in solitary for a month long retreat of celibacy fasting trance dance training when the males were at their peak of energy.

What would be the cost of such a retreat today? Probably - a month? $20,000. haha.

You also have to figure that for these retreats - the spoiled white people going need to have fancy food and fancy sleeping arrangements, etc. and that is the most expensive cost of the retreat to be sure.

Then there is most likely some fancy white marketing firm that organizes the whole thing and sells it to the public.

In the end the actual spiritual master doesn't even make that much money at all.

So it depends - if they do an independent retreat then maybe their marketing isn't as good or the facitilies and food as nice, etc.

Of course if it was a real spiritual training - it would be fasting in ascetic conditions - preferably the desert. haha.

That would probably be cheaper - but the problem with that is you're gonna get the crazy Techno-Feminists after you claiming it is torture and insanity, etc. since they don't understand real alchemy training.

Nope - males can't do what they want to do the real training - and even still most of the males wouldn't know how to do it - converting jing to qi through fasting celibacy meditation is very dangerous!

It would take 40 years of constant training in the original human culture for a male to become a master healer - and that is constant training in a culture devoted to spiritual training. But at least that was 90% of human history so it's nice to know about it. The relied on giving everything away - sharing everything and if anyone starting bragging about their hunting skills - they would relentless make fun of the person to destroy their ego. haha.

Edited by Innersoundqigong
  • Like 6

I think I may need your advice soon about what to do with all my jing I'm building up...going for a long haul, on week two and counting and I have lots of interesting stuff going on...will reply to your above post later...

There are a lot of teachers out there offering free or very cheap information. Even free transmissions.

A lot of practises are free also but people go for the expensive ones.

I think teachers should be supported financially somehow otherwise how can they live?

The problem is wanting something you don't seem to have.

Songtsan,

Who said that high level beings are not available for chats?

Are you aware that there are eight individuals residing on the 8th of totally 10 levels (according to Jeff's system, that is) regularly posting on TDB? :o

But I won't tell you who they are! :P

Michael

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 2

You may have to redefine your expectations of 'high level'. All axes of development are connected, but this is not so linear that an awakened person will automatically be a saintlike charismatic figure with perfect advice for any situation.

• Like 2

Dalai Lama is lovely guy but not a high level being. When it comes to explains Buddhism there are so many others who can do a lot better.

• Like 3

I knew something like that would come....LOL.

The thing is, there are so many people out there struggling just to get by...I am not one of them.

The Dalai Lama or someone like him can only see so many people. A struggling person may not really have the time to practice and benefit from the teachings, so maybe its better that the affluent get to see them, who have the time to utilize the teachings. As a result they may become more generous, or less conservative, and start backing plans and politics that will ease the struggle for the people in hardship.

Who knows?  I don't.  To me its all a joke anyway.  I tend to think that only the rarest people {from any walk of life} have the tenacity, and possibly the potential to become 'high level' practitioners.  

The rest would be better served by learning good relationship skills, cultivating a stress free, healthy, loving life and having a good financial planner to prepare them for old age.  

As for the rare individual, its probably good that the wealthy keep the Teachers in business so that they are available when that rare student turns up.

If I wanted to go see so and so teacher bad enough, believe you me I would get to them!

Exactly.  If the drive is there, you will get there. If not, why should the teacher spend all day online wasting time on drive-less 'seekers'? 

What if you are a paraplegic living on SSI who wanted to talk to the Dalai Lama? I suppose one could write a letter, and it might make it...anyways, consider this post a prayer to the most enlightened being in the world to make themself available for all to talk to. Who out there is closest to 'God?' - inquiring minds want to know....

There is a billion 'what ifs' and the prayer is just silly. There are 7 billion + people in the world. Who can talk to even one fifth of that. No one.  Unless you mean some telepathic super siddhi, and if they could do that, and for some reason don't, then they must have an extremely good reason not to. Or they are just a prick, lol.

• Like 4

The public ones are too busy, most decent public teachers receive hundreds of emails a day and are busy touring and teaching. With the Dalai Lama well he is 79 and still has a load of political and religious responsibilities to deal with but still finds the time to teach globally.

Some private "high level beings" probably do post here, but the ego won't recognise them as it is blinded by preconceptions about what such a being should be and act like. If a reincarnated Jesus Christ turned up here most people would probably say he is a new age fake.

• Like 5

You may have to redefine your expectations of 'high level'. All axes of development are connected, but this is not so linear that an awakened person will automatically be a saintlike charismatic figure with perfect advice for any situation.

Or would be necessarily occupying a high post in an organized religion or sect.

My real issue is that I don't know who any of the high level people are. I don't even know who Jeff is. I'm out of the loop, in research and development phase...

My real issue is that I don't know who any of the high level people are. I don't even know who Jeff is. I'm out of the loop, in research and development phase...

That's really something only your heart mind can tell you.

Don't listen to anything that I, or anybody else, or Jeff (for that matter) says, unless you resonate with it on the inside.

For the highest or most Divine being resides within your Self.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

Songtsan,

Who said that high level beings are not available for chats?

Are you aware that there are eight individuals residing on the 8th of totally 10 levels (according to Jeff's system, that is) regularly posting on TDB? :o

But I won't tell you who they are! :P

Michael

While I agree that I have posted a few times on various levels of spiritual development, I don't think I have ever had 10 levels in my descriptions. Depending on the topic and framework, the descriptions and thus the number of levels change. :)

sometimes one views 'high level' in direct relationship to one's own level of confidence and esteem, so really, i think that term is quite weak. I think if people overall resist having an idea and expressing what they think is lacking in their own development, remain quiet and reflective, observe the outer and inner world with a sense of wonder, lightness and sincere humility, and most of all, be aware of every opportunity to practice being kind, and then actually doing it, better in unnoticed, hidden ways... that in itself is immensely empowering, especially if sustained for a good length of time, say years. After that, one can directly see purity in a lot of beings, from the smallest to greatest, and in all of life's situations, without much fear or favour. 

• Like 3

My real problem is that I fell very hard. I was doing fine on my path back in 2008, when I left celibacy and became involved in a relationship with a woman that seemed to take me down. That relationship ended with me spiraling out and then I ended up in prison. That left me in a dark place, and when I got out I soon ended up in another codependent relationship, which I am near the end of. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be on my way to a new beginning. Should stay single and celibate from now on....I will climb back up out of this dark pit I am in soon...you might wonder why I havent left earlier, well she's had a very hard time this year on many levels, and we are moving at the end of the month, and I just want her to be in a new, safe place before I move on. She's just very fragile in her life right now. Me, I think I'm not meant for anything serious for many years- only occasional dalliances, if that. Taking myself off the market...

Edited by Songtsan

While I agree that I have posted a few times on various levels of spiritual development, I don't think I have ever had 10 levels in my descriptions. Depending on the topic and framework, the descriptions and thus the number of levels change. :)

You did refer to ten levels (the "highest" one being the level of the Buddha) in a recent chat, my friend, but I agree with you that the matter is far from being so simple.

There may in fact be an infinite number of levels which equates having no levels at all.

There may in fact be an infinite number of levels which equates having no levels at all.

By necessity, wouldn't spiritual evolution per definition be infinite, eternal? No end level.

• Like 3

By necessity, wouldn't spiritual evolution per definition be infinite, eternal? No end level.

Wouldn't that render the idea of there being different levels meaningless, in a way?

The concept that there  are different "levels" that we can neatly one by one attain to appears to be flawed. We may be advanced in one area and retarded in another.

Moreover, on some level :) time as we understand it exists no longer, and everything that we have ever been and will ever be exists at once.

• Like 2

If I were God, I would extend my peace throughout all of existance, like a stream of peace, and make all who block that peace feel my wrath instead. For example, when you think a bad thought, you would have a bad emotion. And that emotion is what tells you how you feel, how you are doing in terms of resisting or allowing that peace, like blocking the light or allowing it, and you always find commonality in people in how they want to feel. No one wants to feel bad, everyone wants to feel good. At peace. And I would make one religion of peace, one way for the service of God and Peace. I would descend revelations through prophets to establish the peace, and all manner of people would be drawn to this peaceful state of being, and way of life, and all who denie themselves the peace, I would make them feel my wrath, and be quick in the deliverance of punishments, lest people forget where they belong. They all belong in peace. There are consequences if you go crossways of it, only for yourself, and you cannot do harm unto other people, without doing more harm on yourself. Consider a heaven and a hell, to secure justice I would send all to their appropriate place, and I would not wrong the people to the weight of one atom. JUSTICE, is not that demons roam the heavens. That is injustice towards the demons as well the angels. Do you see where I'm getting at?

You are where you are, and where you are is where you belong, and if you would wanna be elsewhere, you would seek to go elsewhere. You make the journey step by step. But know that peace is the dominant state of being, and abbundant. And if you experience anything less than peace, you have only yourself to thank for it. However, the punishment and pain you feel, is only a guidance, steering you in the right direction, and thus, the peace is still there. Omni-present as it is. You are looking for it in places like things money can buy, however, the very things you don't want are also steering you in the right direction. They are in actual fact a warner for you, something that does not jive with you, pushing you away from it, and it cannot be with you, unless you hold on to it, so as you let it go, you cannot help but be expelled from it. You don't have to pay money for that.

If you wish a more intense peace, if you wish to haste towards the heavens, I would send one person amongst the people for all of humanity, to prepave the way, and I would damn all people to hell whoever might worship this person and grow love for the material and temporary and relative nature of existance, I would damn them to the dwelling of the lost, as they are lost. Might they let go of these material things and find the refuge in the one and absolute truth of who I am. The greatest. But most of all, I would damn all people who claim to be this one absolute, even myself. Cause I'm a human being, and I am not to be worshipped. Might you receive the wisdom from that.

• Like 1