Songtsan

Should have a forum section for herbs, supplements, etc.

A separate area for anything we might put in our body, discussions of nutritional supplements, and possibly even nutrition?

• Like 1

I like that idea Songtsan,

I've read a number of posts on here which mention them.

Would make sense to have them in one area. 

yep,

i agree, it would be nice to gather such topics somewhere under healing circle.

I know our teacher says that in the end everything is cultivating, and the feeding of the body is an important part of it.

( he can be pretty sneering about it too...like, ok, you've been cultivating all day, and i know that someone of you will drive down to mc donalds and buy himself a big mac..well, you may very well lose everything you gained today  :o . Some  guy started blushing a deep red...oops  :P )

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 2

Good Idea.

If not for food, which is merely the overall environment  in compacted form (including vibration and energy waves), there would be no living beings.

And mismanagement of food and eating (and thus expression) is a major problem facing humanity right now, producing an amazing array of degenerative diseases, which are in turn producing the situation whereby iatrogenic harm is now the leading cause of death.

Exploring this would be of interest to qigong/neigong practitioners - who are generally trying to gain conscious control over body and hormone functions, and are working with the interplay of energy in the organs, and also in attaining mental stillness.

Considering that human beings are omnivores, and our food range extends from the center of Earth to the farthest reaches of the cosmos, the study of food is really the study of the Infinite Universe, or "God".

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3

I think health should be split into preventative and curative sections...but a section for herbs, vitamins, etc, could span both....also you could have areas for discussion of mental, emotional, spiritual, physical....

I think health should be split into preventative and curative sections...but a section for herbs, vitamins, etc, could span both....also you could have areas for discussion of mental, emotional, spiritual, physical....

This idea was shot down in the past.  The owner doesn't really like to add sub-forums without strong reason.

If we setup one sub-forum, we're lucky enough.

This idea was shot down in the past.  The owner doesn't really like to add sub-forums without strong reason.

I was thinking of some house cleaning. 

For example in this Forum we have 'No Link for Mo Pai threads' as a pinned heading.  Thankfully that ship of drama has sailed.  It could be unpinned to drift where it will.  There are probably other Pinned threads that could be released into the current too. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's adequate, anyway, to split healing into physical, emotional etc here as many of the Chinese remedies etc that may be suggested cover both physical and non-physical parts of the human system.

A division between preventive and curative medicine makes more sense to me, but again, the lines will blur on a forum like this one.

• Like 1

I was thinking of some house cleaning. 

For example in this Forum we have 'No Link for Mo Pai threads' as a pinned heading.  Thankfully that ship of drama has sailed.  It could be unpinned to drift where it will.  There are probably other Pinned threads that could be released into the current too. 

True... when Sean consolidated a few sub-forums, this one got the brunt of all those pinned posts.

I almost thought of a Sub-forum to hold only the tech pinned posts... or maybe a notable section which is read-only for forum stuff.

I created another sub for the majority of the pinned topics... Better???

A separate area for anything we might put in our body, discussions of nutritional supplements, and possibly even nutrition?

Ok... I created a sub-forum under Healing Circle called, "Food Supplements and Herbs".

Surprised to have moved 8 pages worth  :ph34r:

@RV:  There are plenty of Tea threads in there now :)

• Like 4

I created another sub for the majority of the pinned topics... Better???

Boom baby, nice and clean.  Two pinned threads then straight to conversation.  Its a little thing but it adds a clarity to the page.   People can still ask and be directed to needed information if they can't find it. 

As time goes on systems get cluttered.  Pruning and growth go hand in hand.

Thanks.

<and as cheya said- great job collecting so many herb and food related threads under it.  It must have been quite a bit of work.>

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Ok... I created a sub-forum under Healing Circle called, "Food Supplements and Herbs".

Surprised to have moved 8 pages worth  :ph34r:

@RV:  There are plenty of Tea threads in there now :)

thanks, nice addition!

• Like 1

Dawei, I just checked out the new subforum.

Finding and moving all those threads must have been a LOT of work!

Thank you!

• Like 3

Re the above...perhaps we need a "Ditto" button added !!!

Nice one Dawei.

:D  :D :D  :D