upanishad

Ways to Increase Charisma?

Hello all,

Happy to be making my first post on the general forums.

I'm interested in learning more about practices that can increase charisma. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Here is my humble understanding.

When developed, the energy body radiates from the navel center. The radiation goes out into space in all directions just like a star, and when this happens, the human being becomes charismatic.

We refer to celebrities as stars---they are radiant energy stars, charismatic, and we are attracted to them.

Their aura is bright, it's a type of light, being lit from within, being able to radiate this energy, and it can even be in the eyes, a glint, gleam, or eyes that smile. For example, Dana Carvey always seems to have this charismatic glint in his eyes.

I've read that meditation and qigong can increase charisma, so I'm wondering if anyone here knows of specific practices that will help increase charisma or yield a bright aura.

I'm near Chicago in case anyone knows of good teachers/classes in the area.

I'd also be interested in books on the subject if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks!

Edited by upanishad

Charisma comes from shining your light without self reflection.

See blissofpeace.com

As for light coming out your eyes it is the same plus being clear of blockages and having built a lot of energy.

Especially clear self doubt.

Two things: working with the lower dantian and zhan zhuang.

Then you get what you want.

• Like 2

If you want to learn, just look closely at your own life. You will notice when your charisma is high. People respond to you better, you notice people staring...

Then just notice your own state of being at this time. You'll find it's exactly like johndoe describes. You are securely anchored in the present. You feel happy, amiable and at peace. You feel like a mountain and the world is passing by below you. You can actually feel the love flowing from your eyes.

Cultivating charisma is deliberately putting your self in this mindset before you enter a situation. But first, like I said, keep an eagle eye on people and places where you were doing it effortlessly.

• Like 1

Well, I'm interested in increasing Charisma too.

I don't have much experience with lower dantian, only with Zhan Zhuang (working with Lam Kam Chuen's Stand Still, Be Fit videos)

But I have my own theory. Charismatic people have the right hemisphere of their brain leading.

To become charismatic we should at least balance our both hemispheres.

I'd like to what others are thinking about that.

Edited by bojole

Two things: working with the lower dantian and zhan zhuang.

How can I learn more about working with lower dantian?

Is there a good video training?

Maybe a DVD course like Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, which has many positive reviews?

How can I learn more about working with lower dantian?

Is there a good video training?

Maybe a DVD course like Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, which has many positive reviews?

FP chikung doesn't built the LDT as much as a dedicated practise which is only focused on that.

LDT also is the power center as in personal power where people can't move you as in bully and so on.

How I got to where I am now was pretty hazardous, ha ha, so you don't want to replicate my path.

I have gone back to basic zhan zhuang as Lam Kam Chuen teaches it from his book and basic LDT breathing where awareness is on the LDT.

This together with what Nikolai is saying will take you far.

Think outward shining rather than looking inward and check your state all the time.

Edited by johndoe2012

So basic LDT breathing simply means keeping awareness on the LDT during inhalation, exhalation? Or is there more to it than that?

The way to increase charisma may be the same as

the short answer to 'What is the secret of life?'

Cultivate Enthusiasm.

• Like 1

I think there is some good advice in here.
I have been pondering it and thinking about the different kinds i am aware of.
Its arbitrary I know, but I decided to divide up the charisma producers that I am aware of into two sections based on 'stage or state'
'Stage' means its a fairly consistent foundation of who you are. The Stage you are at.
I think confidence is a key factor in all the 'stage' types of charisma.

'State' means its triggered by practices or events and is not yet integrated into who you are, and may wear off soon if practice wains, or if the practice only produces the change sometimes. 

Section 1.  Stage:

Highly creative people {which could be artists, creative thinkers, dreamers, comedians} can be quite charismatic, or at least weird and interesting, because they see and express in unusual ways. 
That is because people tend to like being entertained, and have a {at least} slight desire for diversity of views.

People who are deeply comfortable within themselves, are also easily likable because they are relaxed, so people feel safe around them. Also again, being relaxed in who they are means they express them selves easily.

Then there are the natural leaders or just egomaniacs who tend to be assertive, and are not easily intimidated.  

They may not necessarily be relaxed in themselves but they certainly believe in themselves, and make themselves the center of attention

The primal vitality types of people. they have a wildness and depth or animalistic kind of nature. they may feel dangerous in an exciting or frightening kind of manner.

Mystics and magic users that are actually tapped in and not just pretending.
They are enchanting in person, in ways that are hard to describe because they have allowed themselves to be deeply enchanted by their world view. They slowly de enchanted themselves from the mainstream worldview and became enchanted with a new way of seeing and experiencing the world they live in.  They may be the result of the following 'state' practices.

Section 2. State:

LDT work.  When going well you feel like your ldt is a powerful burning ball at the center of the universe. It makes you feel centered and unshakable. Other people cant help feel that that is how you feel, and respond accordingly.

Pranayama, or stuff that builds your vital energy or aura.

Heart sex connection. When the two are flowing together you just stand out more. 

Post workout charisma. After a good exersize bout, people always look at me a lot more. 

Inner smile is also one. Creates a positive state that people just respond to.

Magic. The more deeply you plumb your (and the) depths, the more you discover about yourself and the various levels you exist on, well, the more confidence you gain, the more agency you have. It also allows you to re-enchant your world, to start noticing things others dont, having insights others dont.  Potent stuff. 

• Like 4

Seth, thank you for the thoughtful reply.

Aside from working out, I don't really know how to start working on these things.

Do you have any exercises, websites, or books to recommend for working on LDT, Pranayama, Heart sex connection, inner smile, and magic?

Anywhere I could go to learn more about them, basically?

Nobody mentioned multiple orgasms skill.

It looks like that skill affects social life (in addition to increase practitioner's energy).

I did some searching for the book mentioned by johndoe for Zhan Zhuang. I found this one called The Way of Energy by Lam Kam Chuen.

This seems like it will be helpful for the practice, which hopefully increases charisma.

Anyone have any other book recommendations for charisma? Or for working on LDT, Pranayama, Heart sex connection, inner smile, or magic?

Edited by upanishad

If you ever go into a situation thinking 'is my charisma showing?' then that you will guarantee that you come across as uncharismatic.  Charisma is a pure open giving, and is entirely free of self-consciousness.

Any book will almost certainly backfire.  To read a book is to desire the outcome.  To desire the outcome is to check for the outcome.  To check for the outcome is very uncharismatic.

Just be charismatic is my advice!

• Like 1

i'm not sure seeking charisma is the right volition for these type of practices, ie it will only get you so far. sounds like it is very much rooted in wanting to be seen a certain way. nonetheless, energetic cultivation will markedly increase that quality in an individual, no doubt.

i do think that kamma comes into it, some people can radiate this type of quality despite being self-obsessed at many levels. so some of us will need to work a lot harder and it might be troublesome to narrow it down to what things you need to let go of and which you don't, to see the desired increase in 'charisma'. a better starting point may be to realize we need to drop pretty much everything we 'think' and go from there. it's a tough one - we're social creatures but there's a fine line to tread between practicality in our lives and hindrance, when embarking on this path.

according to my understanding

charsima depends on two things

the first thing is , are you doing what you actually love  ?

according what i have read, if you are following your path and your lifgoal

if you are loving what you do

and you feel satisfied and happy

its like if you have opened the right door with right keys

you will become magnetic, your looks will change

you will become more good looking

its because you are already satisfied with your life, that means you are also satisfied with your looks and charisma

second thin is free energy

if there is no obstruction of flow in your energy body than you also radiate charisma

actually i am also interested in developing these traits like sex appeal, charm, magnetism, charisma, presence

and i believe that spiritual practices are actually connected to these things

i have read about many people who have used tantric techniques to increase their sex appeal

so i am also interested in this topic

how can we use the practical knowledge of tantra, spirtuality, metaphysics, magick, energy and increase our charm and sexual magnetism  ?

there are many theories but practical exercises would be great if anyone can offer