Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Let's Group fund and create a Taoist monastery!

Why the hell not!? Who here is willing to move? Who is willing to donate (materials, money, art, skills)...who has mad geomancy skills and can suggest optimal sites? Who has friends with land, money, position, power, or influence? Need I say more? We can do it as NFP church! Come on guys and girls, let's rouse some rabbles!

• Like 1

I don't know!? But, is not the body of us all the body of one that we ourselves are? Isn't there a time to take action, in a non-action kinda way? If you were being attacked by a lion, should you not know and express the masculine and choose to become somewhat fierce?

...if Lao Tzu knew that the land and water was being poisoned by wicked men, would he still have just walked off into the mountains?

• Like 1

I really just want a project to work on....I have no idea why I am like this (not true)....I feel like designing and building things....probably too much yang in head

• Like 1

I really just want a project to work on....I have no idea why I am like this (not true)....I feel like designing and building things....probably too much yang in head

Because you´re a narcissist?  No, no...scratch that...doesn´t sound right at all.

I am a narcissist, 'to a significant degree' ;) - or something like it..but I should go verify that! LOL....I could also be schizoid type with a high degree of emotional liability...who knows? I DO have a lot of different diagnoses....I do have an idea, but I don't. Need to stop defining myself in any event....let's just say that I am a dreamer who has always wanted to be a part of something bigger than my 'self' which takes up too great a space in my world.

• Like 1

We must start a new sect....or forget building a Taoist monastery- let's build a school which has its roots in Daoism, Buddhism, Vedanta, and all those other wonderful things we discuss here, and call it something completely new...bring in teachers from all paths, create a dedicated team of healers, researchers, scientists, teachers, writers, artists and more....build it to be self sustainable, environmentally friendly...grow food- in short, let's have the 60's revolution all over again, but even better than before!

Sign in to follow this