MooNiNite

Cancer and the spirit

Although he may be unpopular around here, John Chang mentions how he would do cancer treatment using Yang Chi.

I also heard from another teacher that yang chi can be used to heal cancer.

When I look at the stages of alchemy in Taoist circles,

usually the aspirant is making an effort to become completely yang. or the body of light.

In this regard one could connect that the cause of cancer is one's yin nature. and the healing of cancer is to make an effort towards the "yang Body." Or the body of pure spirit. 

Cancer is a condition dependent on excess and immune response.

Excess is localized in one place so the rest of body can continue functions.

Immune system recognizes foreign materials, like DNA from another species, and can eliminate a certain amount.

Immunizations and overwhelming volume of excess makes immune system fail, partly because immunizations are using GMO animal proteins and adjuvants to cause un-natural immune response.

Electrical and chemical influences ("pollution") also interferes with normal energy processes in the body.

Cancer producing tumor is contraction of excess - meat, heavy fats, etc..

Cancer producing blood defects is expansion of excess - chemicals, sugar, etc.

It is possible to influence this with qi - to add dispersing energy to dissolve deposits and tumors, or to add concentrating energy to repair blood defects, and so on. Results vary considerably, as people doing this know.

Without changing overall living, these efforts are usually very temporary, or we could say much less effective, than if person just stopped doing what is causing problems in the first place - how they are taking in and expressing food and overall environment.

Food is very condensed qi, and assimilation is the "unpacking" of it, and growth and movement (even if distorted) are  expression of it.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3

A friend of mine recently died from a form of Cancer. He was a Daoist Tai Chi & Kung Fu Instructor who had trained for 20+ years & who practised every day & tried to eat healthily. 

Was his art therefore deficient in some basic energy practises ?

If so, what more could / should he have done ?

Or as rainbowvein notes above, did he just not recognise his own "Yin-ness" until it was too late ?

Re:

-----

"A friend of mine recently died from a form of Cancer. He was a Daoist Tai Chi & Kung Fu Instructor who had trained for 20+ years & who practised every day & tried to eat healthily. 

Was his art therefore deficient in some basic energy practises ?"

-----

Probably not.

Except maybe the truly basic energy practices of not living according to modern industrialized way, which is killing all, no matter what practices they are doing.

This is more involved than people seem to think. There is no one "quick fix" or one "right" thing to do.

Rather, it is for many people about 100% change of direction in every area of life.

I have personally met at least 10 people who recovered from cancer - even despite being left for dead by modern doctors - more than I personally know who have died from it.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Many cancers are modern diseases, so they are a byproduct of the imbalances of our time, which can be imbalances in all sorts of areas from diet, to environment and psyche. But in my healing training cancers are first treated on the emotional level mostly associated with repressed grief. 

• Like 1

And now there is a study or studies linking cancer and nutritional supplements... Although that could just be b.s. propaganda created by the AMA and big pharma to interfere with their competition...

Excessive consumption of anything can cause cancer....could excessive yang, as well as yin, cause cancer?

Very interesing statement. Worth contemplating.

This begs the question: who can recognize their own YINness?

Good question. yinness is that which obstructs self-realization. The experience of realizing oneself. Soul purpose. My approach is more realizing what yin nature isn't.

Im not saying it is easy. But knowing oneself, is obviously the answer. Knowing the giver of life, that creates silence. 

And now there is a study or studies linking cancer and nutritional supplements... Although that could just be b.s. propaganda created by the AMA and big pharma to interfere with their competition...

Excessive consumption of anything can cause cancer....could excessive yang, as well as yin, cause cancer?

Depends what kind of yang. Excess yang definitely causes cancer in the form of blockages.

The yang chi if it stops flowing properly clumps together and creates an imbalance in the system leading to inflammation and pain. 

The masters are more referring to Ling. A golden energy. Pure yang is pure light. It is also pure life. 

Many cancers are modern diseases, so they are a byproduct of the imbalances of our time, which can be imbalances in all sorts of areas from diet, to environment and psyche. But in my healing training cancers are first treated on the emotional level mostly associated with repressed grief. 

I don't believe in the imbalances of our time. Everyone has the ability to follow their heart. 

It is more an imbalance of one's truthfulness to themselves. Things like diet and environment are of a lesser concern when compared to lifestyle. 

Ascension is a process of increasing the potential of the body, giving it the tools to combat a negative environment. Kind of like the beautiful lotus flower rising from the muddy waters. 

A friend of mine recently died from a form of Cancer. He was a Daoist Tai Chi & Kung Fu Instructor who had trained for 20+ years & who practised every day & tried to eat healthily. 

Was his art therefore deficient in some basic energy practises ?

If so, what more could / should he have done ?

Or as rainbowvein notes above, did he just not recognise his own "Yin-ness" until it was too late ?

I wouldn't say his practice was deficient. It is difficult to discern a level of deficiency that is reasonable for oneself. Reaching pure yang is no easy task, very,very few reach this attainment. We are talking the level of Jesus. Also, energy cultivation exercises are definitely not the only path, and for many they are not the most efficient path. It is about lifestyle and finding one's true work. 

When the body has no dis-ease there is no disease. 

if an individual reaches a transcendent level of attainment will have no disease because they have no dis-ease.

Transcending the body and becoming the body, is not an easy thing, and is actually very rare. 

Some cancers develop because the metabolism was too high too often, cell-turnover rate was high, telomere units were shortened too soon, and bam! Keeping metabolic processes guarded is important...don't do too much cardio, don't do too little; don't do too much resistance training (the constant tearing up of muscle fibers and growth/repair cycles=high metabolism, plus more total lean mass = higher metabolism), don't do too little. You guys remember that French woman who died at 120something? She wasn't like some great athlete or anything, she took it easy most of her life. I am sure that there have been high level Tai Chi/Chigong practitioners who were outdistanced longevity-wise by some couch potatoes.... Stranger things have happened! ;)

Some cancers develop because the metabolism was too high too often, cell-turnover rate was high, telomere units were shortened too soon, and bam! Keeping metabolic processes guarded is important...don't do too much cardio, don't do too little; don't do too much resistance training (the constant tearing up of muscle fibers and growth/repair cycles=high metabolism, plus more total lean mass = higher metabolism), don't do too little. You guys remember that French woman who died at 120something? She wasn't like some great athlete or anything, she took it easy most of her life. I am sure that there have been high level Tai Chi/Chigong practitioners who were outdistanced longevity-wise by some couch potatoes.... Stranger things have happened! ;)

instead of getting into all of the technical information, focusing on ascension, and the bodies potential increases. We are talking about the actual giver of life. Increasing the function of every cell in the body. People get disease because they are not alive. The most viable study on longevity links longer living to lower caloric intake. People who eat less live longer.

But why do people eat less? It is because they are getting sustenance from other sources than food. From life force energies, from proper breathing, from increased consciousness. That's the link that hasn't been connected by scientists yet.

Re:

-----

"Things like diet and environment are of a lesser concern when compared to lifestyle."

-----

Life is manifesting within the environment.
Food is just the environment, condensed.

There is not one cell of human being not made of food.
In the Rig Veda is "I am food, I am the eater of food".

So, without food (which is condensed environment) and without the environment, there is no life to have a "style" with.

-VonKrankenhaus

Don't discount one system just because you are an adherent of another. All systems are the three (and then some), blind men looking at the same Elephant. I study Ayurveda, TCM/CCM, Naturopathy, and western medicine, which has its roots in the East anyways...I should be going back to school for medicine in about 16 months...probably NCNM in Portland, OR...when I am through, I intend to seamlessly blend all of these things into one....I know what I am about...why does caloric restriction work so well? Because humans never had nor were meant to eat as much as they do...I've been eating between 900-1400 calories a day for almost a year now, and I still have belly fat..I'm 6'5" 200 lbs...I walk everywhere, and eat as I please...mainly the food industrial community has been lying about how much we really need to eat. There is nothing mystical about it.

Edited by Songtsan

Re:

-----

"But why do people eat less? It is because they are getting sustenance from other sources than food. From life force energies, from proper breathing, from increased consciousness. That's the link that hasn't been connected by scientists yet."

-----

I agree, and this is a very good point.

Physical and non-physical food are complimentary opposites.

Just like environment is both physical and non-physical.

More physical food being processed means less non-physical food being processed, and visa-versa.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Also, try eating like this for a week or so and see if you like it: no preplanned meals, just have a variety of yummy snacks good foods to eat at your house, in your car, backpack, at work, etc. Only eat when its wu Wei initiated, then watch what happens...forget the words, 'breakfast, lunch, and dinner' forget about systems like, 'stomache half full at breakfast, 3/4 full at lunch, and 1/4 full at dinner' ... This is more in line with eat when hungry, yadda yadda, but one should also not be blind to hunger/hormone cycles either (as in, sometimes your body is still sending hunger signals when there is already enough food in the stomach, I.e. the signaling molecules haven't caught up yet)

• Like 1