qibrush

Kundalini energy, how to direct?

Hi everyone,
so I've been experiencing kundalini energy for about 3ish years now. Up until now I've just copied a pose I've seen (arms to the side slightly above chest level, palms open and back straight) so that the energy can direct itself naturally up my spine. It's been working fine up until now, the energy usually made it's way up and out the top of my head.Recently however I've been having more intense kundalini energy, and it seems that now since my pathways are open around my spine(the energy flows much cleaner and easier then it did starting out) the energy just won't stop flowing, I'll feel it coming on and get up and let it out then sit down and have to let it out again and just keep repeating for an hour or two. It's really annoying not to mention constantly letting the energy up like that wears me out. It also seems that now with this much energy flowing my old pose won't do the trick anymore, with that pose now since there's so much energy it gets stuck aroundmy heart/solar plex chakra area (between my spine and my front) then slowly I have to work it out beforeit can continue up and out my head. This is a big problem for me because with this much kundanli I feel it becoming almost dangerous if I don't direct it properly out. I know there is a certain way you can direct your body and have the energy naturally flow out but I can't find it. I'm not trying to active my energy it just seems to flow out naturally, please help me I didn't ask for this energy it just started to happen. I need some way to get through this.

Edited by qibrush
  • Like 1

This was a problem for me too when I accidentally released my kundalini. I had so much energy I couldn't sleep. When it got stuck in the chest it could really produce annoying chest pains.

I've done some things that have greatly helped. It has reduced my side effects with 90%, if not more. There are three exercises I would recommend you:

1) The microcosmic orbit

This one is a life-saver. It will teach you to make the energy go in a loop in your body (so the energy doesn't get stuck) and you will learn to ground the energy in the lower belly in the end. It's the most important kundalini exercise I've done and I still do it daily. It takes about 20-30 mins. Do it slowly, and focus on grounding in the end. Took about a week for me to feel the full effect.

2) Standing in stillness practices

Work great for grounding energy into the earth or out your head. Can be done in 2-3 mins.

3) Pan-gu (Michael Winn)

Integrates yin-yang and reduces most major polarity issues. Can be done in 5-6 minutes.

These are the ones I would recommend you, and in that order of importance: The orbit is the most important one I'd say.

• Like 3

This was a problem for me too when I accidentally released my kundalini. I had so much energy I couldn't sleep. When it got stuck in the chest it could really produce annoying chest pains.

I've done some things that have greatly helped. It has reduced my side effects with 90%, if not more. There are three exercises I would recommend you:

1) The microcosmic orbit

This one is a life-saver. It will teach you to make the energy go in a loop in your body (so the energy doesn't get stuck) and you will learn to ground the energy in the lower belly in the end. It's the most important kundalini exercise I've done and I still do it daily. It takes about 20-30 mins. Do it slowly, and focus on grounding in the end. Took about a week for me to feel the full effect.

2) Standing in stillness practices

Work great for grounding energy into the earth or out your head. Can be done in 2-3 mins.

3) Pan-gu (Michael Winn)

Integrates yin-yang and reduces most major polarity issues. Can be done in 5-6 minutes.

These are the ones I would recommend you, and in that order of importance: The orbit is the most important one I'd say.

They all sound very helpful. I'm especially interested in the microcosmic orbit, can you direct me to a good place to learn that?

I tried learning from mantak chia's video's but that was a disaster and I stopped doing it and I can't find any other place online that has very clear instructions.

Edited by qibrush
  • Like 1

They all sound very helpful. I'm especially interested in the microcosmic orbit, can you direct me to a good place to learn that?

I tried learning from mantak chia's video's but that was a disaster and I stopped doing it and I can't find any other place online that has very clear instructions.

I would recommend MW fundamentals dvd_s 1&2 ... and you will learn The Wudang red dragon MCO too ...   ;)  

• Like 1

Well I actually don't know where you can find a simple explanation of the orbit online. I learned it directly from a teacher.

You could try some of the practices online, but if they don't work feel free to PM me. I know all about how irritating kundalini can be so I would be willing to show you the exercise on Skype (for free of course) :ph34r:

• Like 2

the kundalini energy directs it self. thats like using the mind to go beyond the mind. 

I understand what your saying but practically that's not going to help me much. Kundalini can be dangerous if not

properly directed, by directed I mean having a proper channel for it to escape through. Kundalini will direct itself

sure but if done improperly it can get stuck somewhere along the way or even worse start going downward.

I don't mean to sound abrasive but for something like this: practical advice > philosophical advice

• Like 1

lol kundalini going downward. haha. that's really silly.  kundalini is perception, your basically talking about losing concentration. 

Idk where your information is from.

Theoretically If your kundalini goes downward, you just need to find something to concentrate on, pick up an instrument or something.

Oh well. maybe you know something i dont. good luck

• Like 1

lol kundalini going downward. haha. that's really silly.  kundalini is perception, your basically talking about losing concentration. 

Theoretically If your kundalini goes downward, you just need to find something to concentrate on, pick up an instrument or something.

Oh... I think we might be talking about something different then. I wish it was that though, well (from my limited knowledge) I know that there's this certain energy that is located at the base of your spine and  it can activate and start travelling up your spine out the top of your head. I've read some reports on it and it's a little different for everyone. Some people feel warmth travelling calmly up the spine and out the head. Some people, where the energy doesn't come out so clean or where a large amount is release all at once, are in agony. It can disrupt your normal lifestyle since some weird things start to happen.In the beginning when it first started to happen to me I thought it might be kundalini since I heard some things about it but I brushed it off thinking it was nothing. Well fast forward three years and it's still happening and now I can without a  doubt feel it and I know it's not just in my head. It's kind of like chi when you first start qi gong, you can't really feel anything in the beginning but slowly you can feel it more and more till its undeniable it's there. It's the same thing with this, in the beginning I didn't really feel anything which is why I was able to brush it off but now it's undeniable. I just needed to clarify so that if someone else is reading this and it happens to them they don''t brush it off like I did, it's better to be prepared for this because once it starts it doesn't just go away.As for the energy travelling down, it can  happen and the worst possible things are supposed to happen when it does. It almost happened to me once, I felt like I was going to pass out but I was somehow able to get it going back up again. Stuff like that is what's scary because even though if done properly it's supposed to be a big boon if done improperly it can mess you up.

Edited by qibrush
  • Like 2

You might find some useful information at the kundalinicare.com website.

• Like 2

lol kundalini going downward. haha. that's really silly. kundalini is perception, your basically talking about losing concentration.

From Merging With Shiva (kundalini can go up and down...)

https://www.himalayanacademy.com/view/merging-with-siva

In today’s world there are many institutions and teachers presenting ku∫∂alinî yoga as an elixir of life. True, it can be stimulated upward, but it then goes downward because of the lack of control of the emotions, lower instinctive nature and lack of philosophical background. As a thermom- eter reacts to heat and cold, so does the ku∫∂alinî when tampered with by the novice under the guidance of commercialization. It is an age where money is a product. It is an age where very little is sacred if it can be sold. The wear and tear on the vital forces of physical, astral and mental bodies is severe when ku∫∂alinî, the holy of holies, is stimulated in the unholy of unholies, those who lack remorse and do not seek penance, those who see themselves as the beginning and end of all, those who are devoid of con- science, who anger and jealously retort, who are self-centered, taking care of me, mine and I first. They are in the lower-nature chakras. In today’s world, some are even paying multi-money for the “ku∫∂alinî experience.’’

Some groups, like Transcendental Meditation, have given out tech- niques too freely to those who are unprepared and unsuited to sustain the consequences of the disciplines. If the lower is not closed off, no one should be introduced into deep meditation, intense prâ∫âyâma and occult arts, such as Reiki. These are well-known examples of digression from established protocols for the metaphysical teachings.

In the early 1900s, yogîs came to America and taught so much—all high-powered teachings and techniques—without traditional prepa- rations, that they put many, impressionable women especially, into our mental institutions. During my early ministry I visited mental institu- tions and released back to their families a few such people who had gone over the edge because of occult practices. In those days when one went into a mental institution he often never came out. A man whose wife began practicing yoga would have her committed. This cycle is repeating itself. The problem is that certain siddhis arise which are just a by-product of the practices, not a development of sâdhana, and the repercussions could be disastrous as far as society is concerned.

The use of drugs is another foreboding danger, for certain stimulants set in motion the ku∫∂alinî simultaneously into higher and lower regions. For instance, when the user of drugs, like an intruder, forces his way into the experi- ence of the oneness of the universe, the totality of now-ness and all-being, by touching into the fourth chakra, anâhata, simultaneously every other

center below the anâhata is stimulated, meaning svâdhish†hâna and the first, third, fifth and seventh below the base of the spine—the centers of reason, fear, jealousy, selfishness and malice. Noticeable mood swings of those who rely on drugs hamper the person throughout life. Only severe prâyaßchitta, penance, can set the course toward spiritual healing.

Friday

LESSON 292 Seven Centers of Instinctiveness

The seven chakras, or talas, below the spine down to the feet are all seats of instinctive consciousness, the origin of fear, anger, jealousy, confusion, selfishness, absence of conscience and malice. ¶The first chakra below the mûlâ- dhâra, called atala and located in the hips, governs the

state of mind called fear. When someone is in this consciousness, he fears God as well as other people—even himself at times. In the chakra below that, called vitala and located in the thighs, anger predominates. Anger comes from despair or the threatening of one’s self-will. When people are in the consciousness of this chakra, they are even angry at God. With their wrath, they often strike out at those around them, leaving a trail of hurt feelings behind them. From sustained anger arises a persistent, even burning, sense of resentment. ¶The third chakra below the mûlâdhâra, called sutala and located in the knees, governs jealousy. Jealousy is ac- tually a feeling of inadequacy, inferiority and helplessness. When mixed with anger it causes terrible reactions within the nerve system of the astral body. When people are in the consciousness of this chakra, they often deny the existence of God and are contentiously combative with one another. ¶The fourth chakra below the mûlâdhâra, called talâtala and located in the calves, governs instinctive willfulness, the desire to get rather than give, to push others no matter what the reactions may be, all to benefit oneself. When people are in the consciousness of this chakra they proclaim the existence of materialistic advancement over everything else. Greed, deceit, coercion and bribery prevail. This is truly a “dog-eat-dog” state of mind. ¶The fifth chakra below the mûlâdhâra, called rasâtala and located in the ankles, is the true home of the instinctive mind. When people are in the consciousness of this chakra they see to the well-being of “number one” first, “me, myself and I.” Memory, reason, willfulness; thoughts, feelings and actions without conscience are all motivating factors here, governed by anger and fear. To this state of mind, jealousy, anger and fear are ex- perienced as intense, even high, states of consciousness. There are even philosophies that have been conceived based on the states of conscious- ness experienced in these five chakras below the mûlâdhâra. One of these

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 3

Yeah but your talking about the ability to consciously perceive. If you know yourself you know kundalini. Doesnt matter what direction it goes. you have mastery over it if you know what you like to do. 

Are Kundalini and Qi the same phenomena? I've interchangebaly used both terms to describe my personal somatic sensations, in addition to the term in the west, lux, and have managed to piss off all sorts of purists, or self-proclaimed purists. My apologies if I sidetracked the thread.

From what I can gather, Qi might be equivalent to awakened kundalini, but released kundalini is a whole different ball game, that's like high voltage electricity. Probably kundalini can be awakened to different degrees in different people.

• Like 1

From what I can gather, Qi might be equivalent to awakened kundalini, but released kundalini is a whole different ball game, that's like high voltage electricity. Probably kundalini can be awakened to different degrees in different people.

Thanks for the reply! That sounds about right to me, personally I dont see how there could be 'multiple energies' either - from what I gather Kundalini is forcing the 'light' inherent in matter itself 'upwards' causing the shock to the operator, but it still the same 'substance'

I don't know what mooninite is talking about, but i've met many people who have been mowed down by an accidentally released kundalini. No reason not to do exercises that help with a more harmonious energy flow, IMO.

"You do not have permission to access this thread."

"You do not have permission to access this thread."

You have to sign up to access them, which takes a minute and is completely free. All that's asked in return is your participation.

There's 3 pages of practical info on that thread alone, and a lot more in the winrars(which can be downloaded on the first page at www.lonemanpai.com

Some people can go from the heavier levels of kundalini to the refined levels without having experienced the shock of the electricity. I wonder what differs in people's experiences of awakening to energy?

In Taoist terms, a heavier form of qi is called jing. Jing appropriately resides in the lowest parts of the body. You wouldn't want jing flowing up your spine to your head. Rather, allow it to transform to qi, then shen. Set no timeline. Could take months, years, decades.

I agree with everything you've said, but my understanding is that that whole process of refining and transforming and rising is with awakened kundaini. I see releasing kundalini as being the final part of the process, which should in no way harm after the whole awakening process is complete, when not just her influence or her energy but her whole self rises...something like that.

The desire to define energies and label them without understanding them at all is unnecessary and not helpful.

Even if we were to say that qi is life force and kundalini is life force so they are both life force - does that make them one and the same?

We can say water and ice and steam and snow are all the same - but they are also very much not the same.

Your body is made up of a large quantity of water - not ice - not snow.

Rainbowvein pointed out the transmutations of Qi but not a question was asked.

Kundalini is not a "pesky thing" and it is not Qi - they are not interchangeable - it is not a matter of being a purist or otherwise.

We have language for a reason - we call water water and snow snow because they are entirely different in form, feeling, structure, temperature (for the most part), and more.

Imagine the following conversation:

I was walking in the high mountains surrounded by deep water, the cliffs above were thick with water that threatened us from above.

In the sky water floated by in high columns that rose to fantastical heights and in the high treeless areas we walked on water swept clean from the fierce wind.

The understandable version:

I was walking in the high mountains surrounded by deep snow, the cliffs above were thick with snow pack that threatened us from above.

In the sky clouds floated by in high columns that rose to fantastical heights and in the high treeless areas we walked on ice swept clean from the fierce wind.

Ah - but you may say that these are all still aspects of the same thing - but that is not actually true - they all contain the same elements but the vibration of each is unique - and in this analogy - the vibration of the different energies that are being discussed affect us in radically different ways.

Imagine if ice were coursing through your veins- you would be dead very quickly from hemmoraging and hypothermia.

If steam we venting up your spine - you would be dead within seconds or completely wheelchair bound.

Look at it another way - your monkey mind is speaking, it is holding you in babble and labeling nothing about things you know nothing of in curious cabinets that appear to make sense of nothing.

Rather than allow the fool to rein - (which has been done here) - when someone such as Rainbowvein offers what appears to be real insight - ask a question. The monkey mind just reacts - it does not want to actually know - it likes to make noise that appears to make sense - like "I use qi and kundalini interchangeably though the purist go nut with this". The monkey mind loves this kind of babble - it creates reactionary babble and the buzz completely overwhelms stillness and actual communication.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

The desire to define energies and label them without understanding them at all is unnecessary and not helpful.

Even if we were to say that qi is life force and kundalini is life force so they are both life force - does that make them one and the same?

We can say water and ice and steam and snow are all the same - but they are also very much not the same.

Your body is made up of a large quantity of water - not ice - not snow.

Rainbowvein pointed out the transmutations of Qi but not a question was asked.

Kundalini is not a "pesky thing" and it is not Qi - they are not interchangeable - it is not a matter of being a purist or otherwise.

We have language for a reason - we call water water and snow snow because they are entirely different in form, feeling, structure, temperature (for the most part), and more.

Imagine the following conversation:

I was walking in the high mountains surrounded by deep water, the cliffs above were thick with water that threatened us from above.

In the sky water floated by in high columns that rose to fantastical heights and in the high treeless areas we walked on water swept clean from the fierce wind.

The understandable version:

I was walking in the high mountains surrounded by deep snow, the cliffs above were thick with snow pack that threatened us from above.

In the sky clouds floated by in high columns that rose to fantastical heights and in the high treeless areas we walked on ice swept clean from the fierce wind.

Ah - but you may say that these are all still aspects of the same thing - but that is not actually true - they all contain the same elements but the vibration of each is unique - and in this analogy - the vibration of the different energies that are being discussed affect us in radically different ways.

Imagine if ice were coursing through your veins- you would be dead very quickly from hemmoraging and hypothermia.

If steam we venting up your spine - you would be dead within seconds or completely wheelchair bound.

Look at it another way - your monkey mind is speaking, it is holding you in babble and labeling nothing about things you know nothing of in curious cabinets that appear to make sense of nothing.

Rather than allow the fool to rein - (which has been done here) - when someone such as Rainbowvein offers what appears to be real insight - ask a question. The monkey mind just reacts - it does not want to actually know - it likes to make noise that appears to make sense - like "I use qi and kundalini interchangeably though the purist go nut with this". The monkey mind loves this kind of babble - it creates reactionary babble and the buzz completely overwhelms stillness and actual communication.

I think I see what you say here, anyway, I hope I do. I found the remark from rainbowvein making things somewhat more clear.

But that still doesn't really answer the question of the op, who experiences things that he tells us are getting too much for him to handle and not knowing how to handle them.

Having been in his place i would like him to get some answers, but I do not feel qualified to give answers, what helped me might not be good for him.

(and, btw, i didn't do anything to 'raise kundalini' things just started to happen and slowly I got it through my mind that the things I experienced were commonly called the raising of kundalini (or kundalini syndrome, depending on which source i was looking.)I've no ideas whether that is correct language, but i had a hard time with it for sure. So, when someone is in need of help in this kind of situation, i would be happy if he got it)

Edited by blue eyed snake

Over the years (since early 80s) i have met, from time to time, people who love to talk a lot about their kundalini experiences, especially at spiritual retreats, during the breaks and also in the evenings when the day's teachings are over and everyone heads back to the dormitory or hostel to relax and reflect. The K conversation inevitably starts. Not sure why this is so, but i have found that those who get very absorbed with their kundalini experiences somehow miss out on some of the more essential points of cultivation, one of which is to let go, and also not to take the self with too much seriousness. I would tend to avoid getting involved in those conversations because i find them overly intense and do not really produce any benefit except maybe serve to distract people from forgetting themselves and actually do something good and positive for others, and make a little useful contribution to alleviate the stress and suffering of other beings. If this can be done, even if only in small ways, but consistently, i think it will bring more contentment and peace into people's hearts, especially the heart of the doer. Then kundalini activation will have evolve meaning. Otherwise, its nothing more than self-gratification stemming from spiritual immaturity. 

I apologise if this comment offends anyone. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 2

When we can't talk about our energetic experiences with loved ones, family, or friends, who can we talk to?  :)

Maybe it is human nature to want to talk about energetic experiences with other people who may be experiencing similar experiences? Instead of feeling like a loner, you have others, maybe even a community in which to share.

Ultimately, the spiritual path is a path of maturing, yes? Talking about energetic unfoldings, making sense of them, even the ego-stroking component, may be one of the "growing experiences" of the path toward spiritual maturity.

And yes, there are some who are stuck and may need gentle guidance in the right direction.

Talking is fine, but very often, the talking revolves all around the 'i'. Kundalini dont care too much about the 'i'. If it did, it would not be the real thing. 

Moreover, no two experiences are the same, so there is really no helpful reason to 'compare notes'. Doing so tend to complicate matters and sets up imaginary limitations and boundaries where there are none. Essentially there are no limitations, but, human nature is such that engaging in small talk to discover commonalities seem to create some sort of fragile reassurance that what is being experienced is validated. This in itself disempowers the journey. Spiritual evolution is not a common thing, like most of the other mundane stuff people do - it is arduous, painful, lonely, and often demands extreme sacrifices. Those who have a habit of seeking company and mutual exchanges on the way will have to be prepared to walk a bit further and longer. Nothing really wrong with that, but there are more efficient means of travel, thats all. 

• Like 2

Talking is fine, but very often, the talking revolves all around the 'i'. Kundalini dont care too much about the 'i'. If it did, it would not be the real thing. 

Moreover, no two experiences are the same, so there is really no helpful reason to 'compare notes'. Doing so tend to complicate matters and sets up imaginary limitations and boundaries where there are none. Essentially there are no limitations, but, human nature is such that engaging in small talk to discover commonalities seem to create some sort of fragile reassurance that what is being experienced is validated. This in itself disempowers the journey. Spiritual evolution is not a common thing, like most of the other mundane stuff people do - it is arduous, painful, lonely, and often demands extreme sacrifices. Those who have a habit of seeking company and mutual exchanges on the way will have to be prepared to walk a bit further and longer. Nothing really wrong with that, but there are more efficient means of travel, thats all. 

If your statement of above was true in general, what would be the point of a lineage? Or shared models and teaching?