Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

Best Place for An Authentic Ayahuasca Experience?

I am creating a Book of Dreams. This is something I am using to raise my frequency or vibrational level. You could also think of it as something that is keeping me more positive and helping the negative to have less of a hold on me.

In this Book of Dreams, so far, are places I want to set my eyes on. These include the Big Sur coast in California, the Venice Canals, and the stars reflected in a still sea. I can not properly express to you the power this picture I have on my calendar for one of the Venice Canals, or the image sequence in the movie, "Pirates of the Caribbean, At World's End" has on me. There is more energy there, more desire to set my eyes on these things, than there is to let the events of the last month and even last few years have a detrimental hold on me, In short, they are getting me out of this swamp I am in.

Please keep this in mind when you post. Remember dreams are very fragile things, and if you break mine, you are destroying the only thing that is currently keeping me going. The only dreams I have at this moment, the only reason I have to live. I appreciate your understanding.

Now, the reason for this thread. I am going to start adding things I wish to experience in this Book of Dreams. One of the things I have been curious about, for a very long time, is ayahuasca. But I have heard there are people defrauding those looking for this experience in South America. I am hoping that someone here either knows of an authentic place where this can be experienced, or, even better, has actually been somewhere and had this authentic experience, and would be willing to tell me where this place is.

I hope this request does not violate the rules of this forum, as this is considered a drug. For me it is for the shamanic and spiritual experience. I just found an article that talks about this can even help with depression and PTSD. I know, from my own experience, the positive effect shrooms had on me. I know it changed me somehow, for the better. I know that ayahuasca will do the same. So I definitely want to experience this.

http://reset.me/story/document-contains-nearly-every-study-ever-conducted-on-ayahuasca/#.VUvl1Xfbo74.twitter

If you are not allowed to post and tell me where I could go to have an authentic experience with ayahuasca for any reason, maybe you could PM me? I would appreciate this. I need to know this place to go, so I can do a search for images that I can place with some writing about it in my Book of Dreams. It is a very visual book I am constructing.

I do not wish to break the law and I do not know where this is legal or illegal. But I reserve the right to practice civil disobedience on subjects like this. If everyone tried shrooms a couple of times in their lives, believe me, the entire human race would transform for the better. So any laws saying this or ayahuasca is illegal I can not support. If it grows naturally on the earth or is part of a practice or tradition of a native people the law does not apply, as far as I am concerned. In the end it is my body, and I decide what goes into it, or not. Not the law!

If this thread violates forum rules, and I hope this forum is not that inflexible, I understand if those in charge feel they must close it and I apologize. I was just reading that article and wondering where I could go to collect information on this. I thought maybe I would start here.

Thank you.

Edited by DreamBliss

If you are in a fragile state you would do well to consider staying away from this type of practice. I am not "against" drugs (though I recommend great prudence) and I have done this one - it has many ardent followers much like the followers of peyote and mushrooms in the 60s/70s. For most "followers" it is a detour (depending on how you look at detour) but perhaps it is their path.

I enjoyed the Mushrooms more but I was also a bit beyond Ayahuasca by the time I did it - it was also enjoyable but not a game changer in the way mushrooms were at the time.

Their are two groups that tend to go off the deep end in spiritual persuits more than most by a long shot:

Those involved with mediumship and those involved with drug "cults" (I do not use the word cult as a bad thing). With ayahuasca the two seem to go together and I have already worked with people very deeply screwed up in this practice.

It is Very big business in South America and practically legal here in the USA - I do not think you will find it hard to locate. Contact your local shamanic center for a class, any class, and you will find a ceremony happening soon - it is big business.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

I was with a good friend the only time I tried mushrooms, I was being fairly enthusiastic about all the colours, and asked if she could see them, she said wryly "Yeah, depression in technicolour". She was a funny one (funny ha ha), though she was going through a bad patch at the time.

• Like 1

It is best to make way in this area in only the best of circumstances - not with depressed friends, not in friction.

I always tired to be at home or in a place where I was very comfortable, had plenty of food or money or any need that might come up and preferably an environment where nothing would "come up" so no worries, no concerns.

A good stereo - good selection - a guitar.

"Yea, depression in technicolor" - pretty pithy.....

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

I do not feel any sort of addictive pull when it comes to drugs. Smoked weed, had shrooms. It's fun when I am with others who are also doing it. But when I am by myself? I just don't have any desire to use these substances. Not trying to run away or escape into them I guess. Usually face my pain head on. About the only time I am tempted to use something like marijuana by myself is if I am in extreme physical pain. That's about it.

I don't want to close myself off to enjoying this in America, but I would prefer to not Ameicanize this. You know what I mean? I think I would prefer to go to some village in the South American jungle somewhere and experience it there. Within their cultural traditions, if my being a part of it is allowed.

Fragile state or not, this is a Book of Dreams we're talking about. Things I intend to experience and see with my own physical eyes. It could be months or years before I have this experience. There is no rush here.

I might want to summit Everest one day, but I am not rushing out the door to do so.

:P

Edited by DreamBliss

I went to Peru to do it, it is big business there and lots of frauds but if you do your research you can find decent places.

But only do it if your prepared to die.

• Like 1

Now, the reason for this thread. I am going to start adding things I wish to experience in this Book of Dreams. One of the things I have been curious about, for a very long time, is ayahuasca. But I have heard there are people defrauding those looking for this experience in South America. I am hoping that someone here either knows of an authentic place where this can be experienced, or, even better, has actually been somewhere and had this authentic experience, and would be willing to tell me where this place is.

Hello there :)

I have the same Dream!  My friend went to the Shipibo Temple of the Way of Light (twice I think) and highly recommends it.  The link to their site should fill you in on all the details.  When I finally save enough money for the trip, this is where I will be going:

http://templeofthewayoflight.org/

If everyone tried shrooms a couple of times in their lives, believe me, the entire human race would transform for the better.

In the appropriate, ceremonial environment with a trained professional, I couldn't agree more :)

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Edited by kio
  • Like 2

Thank you for that information.

I am glad to see the money goes to a number of good projects.

However this whole thing seems to me to be about making money for them. It reminds me of what the Esalen Institute has become. I guess I was looking for something less commercial? Does that make any sense?

As far as possibly dying... Let's just say that at this point I hardly see it as a problem, so it is definitely worth the possible risk. But when I have this experience, I will not be motivated by fear.

Edited by DreamBliss

Thank you for that information.

I am glad to see the money goes to a number of good projects.

However this whole thing seems to me to be about making money for them. It reminds me of what the Esalen Institute has become. I guess I was looking for something less commercial? Does that make any sense?

No problem.

Something to keep in mind is that Shamans these days also have to deal with Government, which basically means they need to make an income to keep their lands, temple, and way of life, as well as supporting their families (yes, shamans have families too).  It's the same reason why temples and churches take monetary donations -- general upkeep, utilities, taxes, etc.

The commercial side is only there to get the attention of the people and let them know where this kind of healing can be found.

And if you're still not convinced, listen to this:

Imagine listening to this while doing Ayahuasca!  (it was beyond magnificent when I heard her sing under the influence of mushrooms :D )

In the end, it's up to you.  I'm just throwing out my opinion.

Edited by kio

Sign in to follow this