Rara

So...my TTC and Zhuangzi books are BOTH gone!

Yep.

Lent TTC to my friend two years ago. He needed some help getting out of his head (and home) It did the trick. He moved into a boat of his own...but I never saw the book again. He lost it!

Today, Zhuangzi was in my rucksack and...

The van that it was locked in got broken into and all bags were taken!

I hope that book also lands in hands that need it.

I think I need to buy two new books though XD

Edited by Rara
  • Like 3

Thank you, I will for now. Just good to have the books for when I'm on the move as my phone battery gets eaten a lot during my working day with little access/opportunity to charge.

I might as well get different translations to last time though...seems a good idea!

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2015 at 4:53 AM, Rara said:

Thank you, I will for now. Just good to have the books for when I'm on the move as my phone battery gets eaten a lot during my working day with little access/opportunity to charge.

I might as well get different translations to last time though...seems a good idea!

So what books do you have now?

On 08/09/2017 at 1:43 AM, Mig said:

So what books do you have now?

Hi Mig. I currently have D.C Lau's Tao Te Ching translation and Burton Watson's Zhuangzi. I also have "The Way" which is a collection of extracts from TTC, ZZ and Leih Tzu, translated by Lionel and Herbert Giles.

These days they don't leave the house, and they don't need to :)

• Like 2

Yours too huh? I have lost all of my DDJ copies to date and the only ZZ i have left is an italian translation, seems like my books develop legs too. One time i had a party and ended up losing five basically unique vinyl records done by friends who were inspired by taoism, one copy of the gateless gate and one transcription of Oshos talks on the DDJ (which was partially crap but not bad as introduction to some aspects)... bastards. But hopefully they end up doing somebody good.

Over the years after my last DDJ dissappeared i’ve collected quite a few nice reads that i keep in my tablet, but recently i’ve started buying paper books again, real books just feel different and a lot of good stuff hasn’t been digitalized yet and most likely never will.

• Like 3

On 08/10/2018 at 7:48 PM, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Yours too huh? I have lost all of my DDJ copies to date and the only ZZ i have left is an italian translation, seems like my books develop legs too. One time i had a party and ended up losing five basically unique vinyl records done by friends who were inspired by taoism, one copy of the gateless gate and one transcription of Oshos talks on the DDJ (which was partially crap but not bad as introduction to some aspects)... bastards. But hopefully they end up doing somebody good.

Over the years after my last DDJ dissappeared i’ve collected quite a few nice reads that i keep in my tablet, but recently i’ve started buying paper books again, real books just feel different and a lot of good stuff hasn’t been digitalized yet and most likely never will.

Hello Rocky! Looks like my psychic connection to you has been delayed by 8 days hahaha. I've been away from the forum for ages once again, but here I am again.

Lesson to be learned from this. Keep all your Taoist stuff in a box in your home and don't let them leave. Put them straight back after each read, even a page!

You're right...some things are just different/better in hard copy. I have new versions of these texts in said box now :)

• Like 1

@Rara or maybe the connection is direct as always but the response needed 8 days gestation? :) 

Great to have you back btw, it raises my spirits!

Oooo i’m going boxhunting tomorrow mate, brilliant idea!

• Like 1