Nikolai1

Anyone know about Rupert Spira?

Yeah , I went to one his meetings last month. Very English (I'll let you decide if that's a good thing or not), well spoken, articulate, gives a lot of good pointers and instructions as to how to go about investigating reality. He is "awake" to his true nature.

So it was good for you? Not a waste of time?

yeah it was good, it was a bit of a general meeting for newcomers so he was saying a lot of introductory and general stuff, but I would like to attend a more formal teaching of his some time, there he will probably go into things with a lot more focus and give more direct pointers. He also does a rare form of Kashmiri Yoga for the energy body which sounds interesting

• Like 1

That was in London I guess? I'm moving this summer to a town called Totnes, a small place in Devon, but amazingly there's an advaita type teacher there called James Eaton. Don't suppose you know him do you?

That was in London I guess? I'm moving this summer to a town called Totnes, a small place in Devon, but amazingly there's an advaita type teacher there called James Eaton. Don't suppose you know him do you?

Yeah in London, done through http://www.alternatives.org.uk/Site/Default.aspx . I don't live in London but I go down sometimes to go to meetings of various people, there is always something going on when you start looking. The alternatives site just does general talks which are a bit impersonal and short, the regular meetings organised by the teachers are much better. The meetings in Hampstead by Tony Parsons are quite interesting, just turn up and £10 in on the door, but you are likely to walk out very confused hehe. I am probably going to see Francis Bennett next week, who is an awake teacher come over from the US.

I haven't heard of James Eaton, but the best people often aren't well known. 

• Like 1

Where do you live?

In Cambridge, not much goes on here, at least not much that I am interested in,  I am not aware of any decent teachers around here so I have to get on the train to London.