Songtsan

Petition to bring back Deci Belle

Just because I want her back....it is what it is. Lock her up in her own PPF, or in WWW, life is short, let's not waste time over aversions and negative attachments! Edit: oh jeez, messed up the title, can someone fix that? This damn tablet and me not paying attention.....

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 2

i do read it, but its the interaction in 'real time' which makes my day and teaches me even more

• Like 1

So many things I could say.

But then, I recall a saying that I try to hold to as often as possible:

If you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut.

• Like 7

Oh, and let's not forget eye_of_the_storm then! It's true that he sometimes wrote unbearable crap, but his creation of the "Astrological Musings" thread needs to be acknowledged, plus he does love animals!

Eye of Storm is a racist and anti-Semite who used the board as a soapbox to spread his prejudices.   When he's back we can expect him creating threads and peppering random posts to include how the Jews are evil and taking over the world. 

I'd be open to Deci and ChiDragon though, they could be prickly and opinionated but didn't use the board to further racist views. 

when i was a mod, (yibby yubby yibby yibby bum)

i brought or helped bring  back maybe 4 or 5 exiled banned bums

and gave them a second chance

i like the idea of second chances, ideally

perhaps i thought, they would have in their absence, realized there was a loss--for them and for the community--

practically tho, only one i helped bring back has stayed back

with us

part of the problem is other members bait the returned bum

and they take the bait,,

it was frustrating for me to see how some of our members in good standing would resort

to such tactics, it was equally frustrating to see the returned ex-banned member 

go down in flames again. strutting like a peacock,

anyways, glad i am not the one who decides to ban or bring back (or not) banned members now.

ideally, i do still like the idea of second chances,

from experience i understand the practicality..

time away from the board as a banned bum is also imo not an accurate indicator if a return will be successful or not

so, to any banned bum out there who is reading this, second chances are rare in life, if you do happen to get the chance, use it wisely. hopefully you have found something better to fill your time with, than hanging out on discussion forums!

my advice for any bum who happens to be given a second chance, if you feel you are being baited by members, do not fall for their tactic ,,communicate with the current mods and let them deal with it appropriately

• Like 4

Eye of Storm is a racist and anti-Semite who used the board as a soapbox to spread his prejudices.   When he's back we can expect him creating threads and peppering random posts to include how the Jews are evil and taking over the world. 

Really? I must have missed a lot, then. Probably because I rarely look at the politically minded threads.

I'd be open to Deci and ChiDragon though, they could be prickly and opinionated but didn't use the board to further racist views. 

The purpose of my posts above was mainly to demonstrate that we all may have different ideas about who should be allowed back and who shouldn't. Or can some consensus be found?

Edit: I would support inviting ChiDragon back, for he really contributed something unique to the Daoist threads. (But again, I don't really know what has happened in the beginning of the year.)

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Banned members are not really 'invited' back.  I have made the bans less permanent in most cases to allow the member to request a return after a year, if they want.  That was because it became clear that long suspensions meant little to some. 

Staff will entertain a request from a banned member and evaluate the member's plan to not fall into the problems.  

• Like 5

I'd like Alwayson back for more witty chit chat and bonhomie. 

Just because I want her back....it is what it is. Lock her up in her own PPF, or in WWW, life is short, let's not waste time over aversions and negative attachments! Edit: oh jeez, messed up the title, can someone fix that? This damn tablet and me not paying attention.....

Title edited.

• Like 2

.. only one i helped bring back has stayed back

with us

part of the problem is other members bait the returned bum

and they take the bait,,

it was frustrating for me to see how some of our members in good standing would resort

to such tactics, it was equally frustrating to see the returned ex-banned member 

go down in flames again. strutting like a peacock,

There are  peacocks about , you say ?   Jolly Good !

93ebcf15a6c4f4c26f13e138ed0240d2.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone know Ron Jeremey's whereabouts?

fyi - this member of staff would pose a pretty strong argument against an early re-admittance of Deci Belle. And I doubt he'd be very interested anyway.

• Like 3