Wun Yuen Gong

Daoist immortality med practise

Can someone point me in the right direction of any books or dvds instructionals on information on daoist immortality meditation practices?

Is the daoist immortality med that embro breathing?

Is there a common meditation practice for Immortality in all daoist practices?

Any comments appreciated!!

WYG

Can someone point me in the right direction of any books or dvds instructionals on information on daoist immortality meditation practices?

Is the daoist immortality med that embro breathing?

Is there a common meditation practice for Immortality in all daoist practices?

Any comments appreciated!!

WYG

Everything comes from meditation. You have to meditate constantly, build up concentration power through the meditaiton, and bring everything to the dantian to transform it all. We say : Lian Dan.

---First step.

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Thanks, understood but ive read stuff about something that crystalises and all sorts of stuff. Do you know what this practise is?

I don't know what specifics you are talking about, but there are practices to further refine the cultivation in the Dantian, spread that energy to the tendons, bones, organs, etc and work to transform them. There are practices to make a Light body as well. It is immortal cultivation, sometimes the body gets dropped, sometimes it transforms to light...In todays world, usually the body is so drugged up b chemicals in our food and water, air, that it cannot transform completely, and its just dropped in the end. At that point you become an immortal through strict cultivation.

You may live a long long time too in that body. Depends on how well one does. Immortality is not a one lifetime attempt at cultivation. It takes a long time, and when there is enough potential to transform...POOF!

Peace,

Lin

My practise uses dan tian focus, and stillness emptiness. But i was reading something of Embryotic breathing or how something crystalizes and opens the 3rd eye etc.

I was hoping to read more and understand what the Daoist Immortality cultivation is about, what training is involved and stages etc?

Can you help?

wyg

My practise uses dan tian focus, and stillness emptiness. But i was reading something of Embryotic breathing or how something crystalizes and opens the 3rd eye etc.

I was hoping to read more and understand what the Daoist Immortality cultivation is about, what training is involved and stages etc?

Can you help?

wyg

A method for activating, cultivating the 3rd eye, is to breathe to the dantian, and keep your awareness at the third eye. That is a first step. Sitting while doing it. Full lotus or half lotus....full is better... hehe

Stillness, emptiness are states and are outcomes of good practice. It is good to cultivate with those as a focus, but I am sure you know not to attach to them.

There are further practices which involve a teacher to constantly monitor progress, and teach directly. Its safer that way, and saves time typing. The teacher will also know the student's level of understanding and potential in concentration/cultivation.

Constant correspondence will be needed if a teacher is not present, and constant questioning is important in order to work out the small things. Patience and such, because one can stay in the first level for several months. Its up to their potential, capacity.

Peace,

Lin

Thanks Lin,

So to build the Dan Tian energy and all else will follow on after that?

You name is Tao or Buddhist and what it represent?

It is a name. Accepted by both Daoists and Buddhists. I also go by Lin Zi Yi and Lin Zi Quan. On my website is a description of my names.

To develop cultivated energy in the dantian, you have to meditate, and in that concentrate.

You can meditate, and keep you breath to the dan tian, keep your awareness at the 3rd eye. A very basic method, but a lot of things follow after that, and opens the path for good cultivation. There are many levels in that one method.

To be honest, I started with that method at age 8. And everything else came from it. Just recently my Shifu asked me if I knew of such a method, I said yes. She was surprised.

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Hey the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" is all about creating the embryo --

This book tells a lot... but really learning from it... ah well...

plus I was told, if memory serves well, that the translation is a little flawed...

:)

Harry

This book tells a lot... but really learning from it... ah well...

plus I was told, if memory serves well, that the translation is a little flawed...

Harry

I was thinking the same. The book gave me great insight in certain practice yeah.

Exactly doing what is prescribed in the book is a bit harder though.

Holding yin, embracing yang (eva wong) is also such a book :)

There are practices to make a Light body as well. It is immortal cultivation, sometimes the body gets dropped, sometimes it transforms to light...In todays world, usually the body is so drugged up b chemicals in our food and water, air, that it cannot transform completely, and its just dropped in the end. At that point you become an immortal through strict cultivation.

You may live a long long time too in that body. Depends on how well one does.

I was always a bit........ well ....... scared by this "body of light" idea.

The idea attracts me a LOT. I would LOVE to be here for a long long long time (but not forever) and I would love to have a body that could still interact with this world after I "die"

But it sort of seemed a bit like being a hungry ghost too....

I was always a bit........ well ....... scared by this "body of light" idea.

The idea attracts me a LOT. I would LOVE to be here for a long long long time (but not forever) and I would love to have a body that could still interact with this world after I "die"

But it sort of seemed a bit like being a hungry ghost too....

What are you afraid of? Being a Hungry Ghost and attaining a Light Body are two totally different things. You can't have a Light Body if you are a Hungry Ghost. They are two totally different realms. Ghosts cannot attain the Light, Illuminescent body unless they change from ghosts to a higher level of cultivation. It is a stage of cultivation, not an end to cultivation.

Iluminescent beings always interact with our world. And they can form any "body" they want.

The wanting you have is of a human condition. There is more than just Human condition.

:D

Peace,

Lin

Hi Lin

have you ever shared your point of view on WHY actually there are so many levels, WHY the separation from "the one" ever happened, for WHY we have to cultivate at all?

Harry

What are you afraid of? Being a Hungry Ghost and attaining a Light Body are two totally different things. You can't have a Light Body if you are a Hungry Ghost. They are two totally different realms. Ghosts cannot attain the Light, Illuminescent body unless they change from ghosts to a higher level of cultivation. It is a stage of cultivation, not an end to cultivation.

Oh, my cheap occult background is showing through :huh: I thought body of light was a ghost that could interact physically with the world, like an actual body to walk around in after death. And yes its a wanting for the human condition, I enjoy being what I am now, my life is cool fun. :lol:

But don't worry, I don't want it to be like this forever :D

WYG,

"Can someone point me in the right direction of any books or dvds instructionals on information on daoist immortality meditation practices?"

Yes, but understand that there is no one thing that anyone can prescribe for you that is necessarily "right" or best for you. Only you can find this for yourself and for your own path. That is my understanding. With that said, try the Healing Tao stuff if it is calling you. You could try the practices in "Spiritual Qigong" by David Twicken as well (which are HT based and layed out in one book in a simplified manner). You could also do a Google on Zen meditiation and get instruction on that, etc. You could also do yoga, do nothing, etc.

"Is the daoist immortality med that embro breathing?"

Not from what I understand but hey, everything is posible.

"Is there a common meditation practice for Immortality in all daoist practices?"

No, there are many approaches and techniques in daoist practices. The historic big split is on using or not using sexual energy. However, I would add (not nessesarily a taoist perspective) that it depends a lot on aones personal deep rooted desire towards this aim or even what is in your life path (astrology, past life stuff, etc). I feel that the path will "appear" so to say when you are ready. If there is something common, it is getting out of your mind and into the mind of Tao. Most people find meditation a great catalyst but there are cases that people haven't even done that.

I personally know many people who have come to the same state via very different practices or even lack of pratice. We generally want things to make sense and to be able to be understood in terms of if I do this, this will happen. The spiritual path, ime, is a bit different and is a lot about being able to let go and surrender to Tao and then Tao will lead you. Tao is everything and it can be found in as many ways and places as are imaginable.

Best!

Matt

Hi Lin

have you ever shared your point of view on WHY actually there are so many levels, WHY the separation from "the one" ever happened, for WHY we have to cultivate at all?

Harry

There are so many levels due to the ideas within the minds of living beings, people. Actually, there are no levels, but because we have attachments, some heavier than others, there is an experience of things according to the manner of our thoughts.

Separation from the "one" never actually happened. The cause for the perception of there being a one and so on, was because of living beings attaching to what they experienced...whether it was good or bad. And so, they attained confused thinking from wanting things and putting alot of thought into getting it in, becoming upset when they didn't get it, and began doing things, thinking thoughs, indulging in emotions that empower the mind of separation.

Why we have to cultivate is simple. If we don't cultivate, then we will be subject to our outcomes, and be swung in all directions from our confusion. Cultivation "opens" the doors to wisdom. Not just worldy wisdom, but our inherent wisdom.

One doesn't have to cultivate, but that doesn't mean they will be actually free from their ideas of them self. A person may be cool to hang out with, but that doesn't mean they are wise and spiritually inclined...awakened.

These answers are really simple answers. Wondering about the "WHYs" of thihngs takes away from cultivation. When one has put down much, they realize the answers to all those "Whys". It is one of those things that intellectual understanding cannot grasp. It has to be seen, and understood through one's meditation, cultivation..."opening" of inherent wisdom.

Peace,

Lin

p.S.- If there were to be a full on discussion about this, the answers would be even simpler...but even more less accepted.. :D And so, they would have to get confusing, and complex in order to get back to the simplicity of it. After all, the wisdom is revealed through meditation, cultivation.

Edited by 林愛偉

p.S.- If there were to be a full on discussion about this, the answers would be even simpler...but even more less accepted.. :D And so, they would have to get confusing, and complex in order to get back to the simplicity of it. After all, the wisdom is revealed through meditation, cultivation.

Once again, thank you Lin :)

Harry

Enlightenment is already in front of you. Meditate to polish the mirror so you can see yourself. Immortality? More addings on.

:lol:

There is no mirror to be polished.

Thats' actually a very famous diolgue between the 6th patriarch..who recieved lineage transmission..and the head monk..who subsequently chased after him in the night..

Maybe Lin can recount this famous story for us it has been a long time.