maldor

Magick is Psychology

Seth,

I like what you said here:  "start associating with the deeper level of life, where the interconnected nature of the universe is clearly seen, and to once again be in relationship with the forces that surround us."  Very intriguing. 

I´m interested in exploring this more.  Are there any resources (books, courses, dvds, etc) that you´d recommend?

Thanks,

Liminal 

Same thing.

Best,

UFA

Well, yes and no :)

I guess it really depends on how you view the unconscious. The conscious mind had being because of the unconscious. The unconscious is part of the whole "self" but not the "me" writing this now. i would not say that I am only a select part of my brain, although the conscious "me" is a specific "operation" of the brain that may exist in various parts at various intervals.

As someone else has accused me of "trolling" maybe they'd like to discuss here and maybe read what has been said by me than make snap judgements.

My problem is with how people discern the so called "out there" (reality) compared to the "in here" (mental construct). My point is that they are distinctions that hold no validity. They are only terms to distinguish experientially constructed objects (ie. mental objects).

Hi Maldor,

>I view the practice of Magick as the discipline of self hypnosis. Altering your will to fit your means. Obviously thi scan be a dangerous practice. Also I am convinced the vast majority of mysticism is directly related to altered states of consciousness (ASC's).

I am not sure how anyone could disagree with you that mysticism is directly related to altered states of consciousness. That is really the entire point, IMO. The bigger question is what how far does consciousness reach and what are its possibilities?

UFA