Songtsan

US lowers fluoride levels...should be interesting!

You may have seen this announcement here or there. Fluoride levels to be lowered nationwide to .7 ppm. Can't wait to see what effect this has on levels of depression, and other illnesses. In 10-15 years we should see some interesting before/after data all across the board.

I meant to, but I still haven't figured out how to copy/paste on this tablet...ok- I'll do it the hard way and actually type it in by hand- you see what you made me do!? - time.com/3837133/fluoride-drinking-water-teeth

Yes, should be interesting. The reason given for lowering it is kids are getting "splotchy teeth" from too much flouride overall in combination with toothpastes and rinses. Because that is problem with too much flouride- splotchy teeth- never mind about the brain we aren't supposed to use those anyway.

• Like 6

I'm all for following the science, which ever way it points.

Doesn't look like its much of a reduction though.  "The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released its recommendation for an optimal concentration of fluoride at 0.7 mg per liter of water. The previous recommendations, released in 1962, allowed for 0.7 to 1.2 mg per liter."

So its just concentrating on the lower side of the scale it established earlier.   And its just a recommendation, so particular force of law.  It'll probably lead to many municipalities reducing the amount in there water.  Going from 1.0 to .7 is a 30% reduction. 

Edited by thelerner

I grew up in the UK, where water has things added to it. But after living in China for a long time, without fluoride, I cant say I've noticed any improvements. If anything, my teeth really have gotten worse.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would like to believe that its safe, but I lived in Portland, OR for over ten years, one of the only major municipalities which does not fluoridate their water supply, and people there just seemed less depressed and maladjusted..I felt less depressed while living there...anecdotal maybe, but.......

Interestingly, isn't tea very high in fluoride?

Researching... traditionally brewed tea is 3.37 parts per million of fluoride.  Tea does accumulate fluoride and there's more in older leaves.  Yet, so what, I only drink a few hundred billion parts each cup and fluoride is low on my list of boogie men. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Interestingly, isn't tea very high in fluoride?

Researching... traditionally brewed tea is 3.37 parts per million of fluoride.  Tea does accumulate fluoride and there's more in older leaves.  Yet, so what, I only drink a few hundred billion parts each cup and fluoride is low on my list of boogie men. 

There's calcium fluoride, a naturally occurring compound that may or may not protect the teeth, depending on a lot of other factors.  Tea accumulates it if it's present in the soil.  And there's sodium fluoride, a rat poison, and that's what is added to our water, used by dentists, mixed into toothpaste, and added to infant formula.  In addition to being a rat poison, in smaller amounts than lethal it's a CNS suppressor that interferes with higher cognitive functions, including moral judgment, and damps down normal emotional responses -- it's a very efficient pacifier if the goal is to have a population zombified pacified, but as for teeth, it also helps keep dentists in business, because unlike calcium fluoride, it causes rather than prevents cavities.    

Sodium fluoride molecules are very small and that's why the brain-blood barrier is no barrier to them.  Calcium fluoride molecules can't and don't harm the brain, sodium fluoride, can and do.  In addition to the above, sodium fluoride is carcinogenic in any amounts, i repeat any amounts big enough to measure, no matter how small.  The hope is that the cells that turn cancerous on exposure will be promptly detected and destroyed by a healthy immune system -- which is why not "everybody" gets cancer from these daily occurrences.  But many do, when the immune system is too overwhelmed and too weak to perform the task.     

Another noteworthy tidbit.  Sodium fluoride is a toxic byproduct of aluminum industries.  For a while, they couldn't figure out how to get rid of it because it is so dangerous and there was no acceptable solution to its disposal found until it was proposed to start adding it to our water supply.  Problem solved.  

And back to tea.  Unfortunately, tea plants watered with water containing sodium fluoride will accumulate that too, they don't have a choice anymore than we do.  This is how one can theoretically get an unhealthy dose of the wrong kind of fluoride with tea.  If the plantation was not watered from the same sources as us humans, our livestock, etc., then no worries, any fluoride found in that tea will be the right kind, a beneficial trace mineral calcium fluoride. 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

I'm just going to trust my gut. Avoid bathing in fluoridated water- get a shower filter, eventually buy a reverse-osmosis filter and add my own minerals..brush my teeth with coconut oil and calcium/magnesium powder...you know, avoid that shit like the plague...

• Like 1

Guess I will have to start taking sponge baths with reverse-osmosis water then...I'll do what I have to. I think of African people with their near perfect teeth, due to low sugar/refined foods consumption, who have little in the way of dental care....America seems like a circle of manipulation sometimes...designed to kill people off early...yes, I am one of those conspiracy peoples...[sigh]

• Like 1

I'm just going to trust my gut. Avoid bathing in fluoridated water- get a shower filter, eventually buy a reverse-osmosis filter and add my own minerals..brush my teeth with coconut oil and calcium/magnesium powder...you know, avoid that shit like the plague...

Avoid when you can, fine.  But like 'the plague'.. might be overdoing it.  

The human body is adaptable and if you avoid a common irritant too much and you might get sick when you're inevitably exposed to it.  Beware of purifying yourself so much common tap water makes you ill.   From what I've read there's a sweet spot, getting some fluoride is good for you. 

Later add> Americans live longer (&probably have better water quality) on the whole then Africans.  Grass is always greener on the other side though. 

later later add> looking at statistics, in some cases way way longer.

Songstan if you want an interesting look at Stats for life and death style,  good links - http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/life-expectancy-africa  http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/usa-cause-of-death-by-age-and-gender

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I know. I agree. I tend to hyperpolarize due to frustration. It is what it is. I should stop complaining and producing negativity on top of injury...I did pretty well this past year, health-wise, as far as eating well, and limiting toxic influences...perfectionism is a blessing and a curse.

Avoid when you can, fine.  But like 'the plague'.. might be overdoing it.  

The human body is adaptable and if you avoid a common irritant too much and you might get sick when you're inevitably exposed to it.  Beware of purifying yourself so much common tap water makes you ill.   From what I've read there's a sweet spot, getting some fluoride is good for you. 

Later add> Americans live longer (&probably have better water quality) on the whole then Africans.  Grass is always greener on the other side though. 

later later add> looking at statistics, in some cases way way longer.

Songstan if you want an interesting look at Stats for life and death style,  good links - http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/life-expectancy-africa  http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/usa-cause-of-death-by-age-and-gender

I guess if you are shown beyond a statistical doubt that Americans in times of peace and relative prosperity live longer than Africans who only get a break from abject poverty and backbreaking labor (for the lucky ones with a job) in the form of outright famines and never-ending wars, you can infer exactly what you are invited to infer -- that it proves fluoride (or anything else under scrutiny) is harmless.   I wonder if on closer inspection you yourself might see the fallacy of this kind of arguments -- repeated over and over as "proof" in all manner of debates whose bottom line is, "we're fine, statistics/scientists/the government/the media tell us that everybody else is so much worse off BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DO/AREN'T DOING THINGS OUR WAY -- and since we are so much better off, whatever our way is can't be wrong and whatever their way is can't be right." 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

I never said that quality or quantity of life was higher in Africa, I was merely pointing out how sugary, processed foods have increased dental carries here in US, and how to combat what is surely an industry created problem, they introduce a neurotoxin into our water supply- to benefit another industry, the aluminum mining cartel. Its all about creating problems where there were none...