tamba

hello from tamba

hello spiritual friends

i have some expecience in internal arts, this include qigong and being alone there was a moment that the puzzle fell into place so now i'll look for what interests me for starters, , i would like to explore standing mediation spontaneous qigong

i'm 71 years old , poorly retired (otherwise i would not be a bum)

i was born in france and i'm living in a tiny village in the center of brasil, my english is barely enough to undedrstand an d eventually comment the topics in discussion, anyway will learn a little more english

thank you

tamba

• Like 6

Hello Tamba, and welcome to the forums!

Glad you found your way to us. The langage shouldn't too much of a barrier, so long as you can understand what other people read. Good luck to you in your pursuits here :-)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TDB team

Namo Amitabha Buddha

Welcome tamba,

France,Brazil,and now 71yo,congratulations.

Please,can we hear more of your journeys.

How long have you been practicing qigong,what benefits have you experienced.

Now retired,what work were you involved with,how do you feel about retirement.

Modern electronics,translations,the electronic age of communications.Makes it easier for us oldies.

Blessings

Humbly juls

• Like 1

hi juls

thank you for the interest. i don't like very much to speak of myself, otherwise i can give you my background in the arts and i would appreciate to have yours

it started in 62 with harada karate, in the guinza of são paulo, that is the only country who have big  japanese immigration, and their centers where in the town were i lived

i started going  zen meditatio in a beautiful dojo soto zen

and it didn't stopped,  later i moved to paris whewre  i've stayed for 20 years and learned techniques with people in all europe, and tibetan buddhism, but the main center of qigong was and is paris andnd now it's ten years  i've did plenty of things, now i'm putting them together, it includees spontaneous qigong, buddhist techniqes and taoist techniques)

my main practice actually are the 2 first sets of DAYAN qigong (wild goose q.)

my kind of zhan zhuang

1 hour of you can call it walking meditation

when it pleases me or helps me  i've got plenty of others techniques that i can chose from

keepwell

• Like 1

Namo Amitabha Buddha

Hi tamba,thank you for your reply.

Your experience is vast,practicing qigong for over 50 years,you are at peace.

Myself having only discovered qigong 4 months ago,my experience is small.

Yes I also studied karate when 14 yo,and considered it helpful with many things in life.

My most special experience is meditating whilst standing in company of my cows,they teach you patience,very calming.

Since starting qigong,I noticed improvement in my physical health,have you also had similar experience.

You are retired,what sought of work were you doing?

Please tell us about your Buddhist techniques and spontaneous qigong.

Blessings

Humbly juls

the budhist techniques are of two kinds, meditation and movement

for meditation i use tibetan techniques of visualization, like Vajrastava and others

for movements one must is the yi jin jing, Bodhidharma himself wrote the book about the technique, then you have the kannon (chinese Tara) qigong

and zhan zhuang, Chinese practicioners try to assert  that is ancient chinese technique, it's not true, is a Buddhist adaptation of movements developed by wang xiang zhai who stayed a year in shaolin with an old monk 90 years old

spontaneous qi gong is the BELL qigong from the Buddhist monastery of Tien Hoe, that i've learned the i adapted it to ZZ practice

• Like 1